4.0 out of 5 stars Good value basic pedometer
I wear a pedometer all the time and often lose them, so don't want anything expensive. My last one, the same as this, eventually stopped working but I felt I'd had my money's worth out of it. This does the job. It is adjustable for accuracy. If I lose it, I'll buy the same model again.
Published on 25 April 2011 by Penny Whistle

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful gadget
It's a bit hard to set initially to your own length of pace, but once it has been it's compact and unobtrusive, and seems durable. Finding out how far you really walk in a day can be extremely illuminating - for me it was a forceful reminder of how sedentary my work is.
Published on 11 Nov. 2004

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value basic pedometer, 25 April 2011

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful gadget, 11 Nov. 2004
By A Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great step counter, 6 July 2011
This review is from: Omron HJ005 Step Counter (Sports)
I have used this step counter for several years and ordered another one as a spare. If you're looking for something complicated with loads of functions, this isn't it. If you're looking for simple and easy to use, this fits the bill. I'm in my 60s and my eyesight isn't what it once was. This step counter features large numbers that are easy to read. It is also extremely easy to use with one simple reset button.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, does the job, 13 Dec. 2011
This review is from: Omron HJ005 Step Counter (Sports)
The good things first, right, its very acurate, it's nice and simple to use because there isn`t too many other things to monitor such as miles and calarie counters, so it's simplicity is good, I like strong sprung clip on the flip lid, I also found the little slot to thread a very thin piece of sting or ribbon through helpful, just clip it to your pocket or whatever and if it becomes unclipped (which it often does) you won`t lose your pedometer:)

The down sides are that personally I think it`s too wide and it doesn`t fit in the very small pocket in jeans, it could be a bit smaller :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Omron HJ005 Step Counter, 29 Jan. 2011
Graham A "Paperman" (Sompting,West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Omron HJ005 Step Counter (Sports)
Good product,I was looking for something reasonably priced & this fitted the bill perfectly,a little tricky to set up initially,hence the 4 stars,but once set it seems to work fine.Overall,I like it & good value for money.Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Omron HJ005 Step Counter (Sports)
This item is just exactly what I wanted, but more to the point the sellers are really helpful, patient people. I thought I had a faulty one, it turned out that I hadn't removed a plastic window that I should have done and when I returned it I had an explanatory email sent to me and the item returned with no extra charge, the sort of service one doesn't usually get these days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the cost, 6 Feb. 2008
L. Plummer "Leapelle" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Omron HJ005 Step Counter (Sports)
Wanting to get fitter but not spend the earth on fitness equipment I was encouraged by a friend to purchase a pedometer, while she had a relatively expensive one I opted for an inexpensive substitute. I have to say that while this bit of kit is not consistently the most accurate it is definately accurate enough for me to see how many steps I am taking every day (it sometimes counts a few under). If used correctly, i.e not swung about, then it is a perfectly good pedometer and a great item for anyone wanting to monitor their activity throughout the day....

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic step counter, 10 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Omron HJ005 Step Counter (Sports)
This is pretty good at counting steps, and that is all I use it for (aiming for 10 000 per day) I like that is has a switch for more sensitive or less sensitive, that is pretty good for a pedometer this cheap and makes it fairly accurate. So a good piece of kit for step counting.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you can't count, 26 Jan. 2005
This review is from: Omron HJ005 Step Counter (Sports)
After reading the other reviews of this item i thought i would buy it for my wife to aide in her health kick. Even after adjusting the settings on it I found that no matter what part of the body you clip it to i will not count the correct number of steps taken. The only othe fault more off putting that the wrong number of steps is getting to the display. The clip is not how you would expect to find it. So I am sorry to say what i thought was a good buy is little more than a waste of money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quite sensitive in some ways... but not so much those that count!, 12 Feb. 2009
Seren Ade (UK) - See all my reviews
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Omron HJ005 Step Counter (Sports)
This is a pretty basic product: as a pedometer - that's all that this has going for it feature wise... the ability to count steps. It's discrete-ish, insofar as there is a closing cover and the pedometer can be clipped onto clothes... although the large screen display for steps counted undermines the discreteness of the device somewhat.

In terms of accuracy when it comes to step counting, this is pretty poor. The device has a 'sensitivity' feature, but the biggest factor affecting the registration of steps seems to be body positioning of the device. And even when placed close to the hip, it's none too accurate.

On the plus side, most people who get the device to register 10000 steps have probably achieved rather more!

Omron HJ005 Step Counter