on 22 January 2013
With the Lindy adapter I managed to connect my Microsoft Multimedia Keyboard 1.0A (which I had bought - not cheap! - back in 2001) to my new PC's USB port. Initially, I bought a cheap adapter (cost 1 euro) which didn't work, but when I did a research online I realised that I needed a SIGNAL CONVERTER (from PS/2 to USB) - and this is exactly what this Lindy adapter did. I didn't even have to restart my PC - it's plug'n'play.
on 26 September 2011
I had one of the cheaper 'adapters' (73p) from Amazon, but it didn't do diddly. I bought this Lindy converter, and it worked straight off in allowing me to use my 10-year old Compaq PS/2 keyboard via a USB 2 slot.

There's other cheaper similar 'adapters' on the Amazon website, but do they work? I prefer to stick with a brand name.

I would've given this Lindy converter '5 stars' if it were more compact.
on 10 May 2013
After using some of the cheapie Chinese USB to PS/2 converters and not getting very far, I came across this one. The reviews were encouraging as was the price. This one does just what it says on the tin, and supports a PS/2 keyboard and mouse under Windows 7 through a HP PS/2 Cat 5 dongle. Just connect it up, and, hey presto, away you go.
on 21 September 2013
I needed this item so that I could use my existing PS/2 keyboard and mouse with my new Toshiba laptop that is USB only.

It is running Windows 7 SP1 64-bit.

The device worked straight away when I plugged it it, and no device drivers, OS changes or BIOS changes were needed to make it work, and it works before the OS has booted up (I guess by supporting USB Legacy support at BIOS level.)

The packaging said support up to Windoex XP, but I can say that it is working very well for me out of the bix with Windows 7 SP1 x64 OS.

Very happy!
on 9 April 2013
Excellent product - so simple to install - truly "plug and play". being used currently and completely successfully with a KVM switch.
on 12 October 2014
If you want to connect an old PS2 device, like a keyboard that you might actually want to work on, this is the kind of cable you need. Don't be fooled by 'converters' that simple connect USB terminals to PS2 terminals, they won't work.
on 12 March 2015
This works very will with a model M ( SSK) and a older CST trackball ( it even works with my RS232 > PS2 converter) on OS X (10.10) and windows 7. Its well built and works well, no drivers needed. I cannot say if it is clever enough to recognise ISO layout ( UK and Europe) and my model M is US ANSI layout. I still recommend the blue cube (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Active-USB-to-PS2-Adapter/dp/B008J56RVY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426180423&sr=8-2&keywords=active+PS2+to+usb) if you only need to converter the keyboard, but if you need to do both, this is what you want. Don't waste time with the cheap so called active: ones not worth it.
on 4 February 2014
Pros:
* Works out of the box (no software needed - truly PnP)
* I am only using the keyboard port so can't comment on the mouse port but this is also present for those who need it.
* Good design - fits into crowded USB port panels

Cons:
* I have found none but I have not tested it exhaustively (e.g. in DOS, other operating systems, every key function, etc.)
* It's not the cheapest but other people on Amazon have commented that they bought cheaper 'adapters' and had to abandon them because they did not work properly. So it seems you get what you pay for in this case.
on 9 March 2015
I have used a number of USB to PS/2 converters, this one is the best. I use it to connect a Dell PS/2 keyboard and Microsoft trackball mouse which are both about 10 years old to a few new machines via a Linksys PS2KVM4 ProConnect 4-Port Compact KVM Switch (PS/2) which is also about 10 years old. In other USB to PS/2 converters that I have used, the mouse often becomes unresponsive and the usb adaptor needs to be unplugged at the pc end and re-inserted which gets annoying after a while. That has not happened to-date with the Lindy 42866 - USB to PS/2 Converter Cable, I intend to purchasde another two.
on 18 March 2014
I recently upgraded my PC and realised that for the first time I no longer had a PS/2 connector for my keyboard. I have a beloved, very old mechanical keyboard which has an AT plug connector. Up until now I had used an AT to PS/2 converter which worked fine, however I needed a further adapter to be able to plug into a USB port. All in all, I'm using this adapter to plug into my PS/2 to AT converter, which then plugs into my keyboard. This product works a treat so am absolutely thrilled with the outcome of not having to buy a new sub-standard keyboard.