5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone kit, nothing fancy it just works perfectly.
Installed into a Honda CRV 2002. Fixed the mic to the map reading light cluster just in front of the rear view mirror. Positioned the display just below the radio.

Published on 21 Jan. 2011 by Andrew

› See more 5 star, 4 star reviews
2.0 out of 5 stars It does have a serious limitation
I had mine professionally installed so encountered no issues there.

I find I have to manually activate the voice-recognition prompt by pushing the green button, but then have no problem in the unit recognising the name I want to phone. Not as it should be, but not a major issue.

The main and very serious criticism is the sound quality at the "other"...
Published on 13 Aug. 2008 by Bill

› See more 3 star, 2 star, 1 star reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great phone kit, nothing fancy it just works perfectly., 21 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit (Electronics)

Crystal clear audio on both ends of the calls tested up to 55mph. Car's cabin noise quite high from road noise and climate control was on high, none of this noticed on the other end of the phone.

Installer made the error of forgetting to swap the 2 live feeds around (Known install glitch with this model) and it was rectified instantly. Be sure to get your installer to test that the unit holds its settings (Language, volumes etc) once the ignition is turned off and back on.

A couple of things I really like about this model

- Auto dimming display, perfect when night driving.
- This does not claim to be a bluetooth music device, but I played music files from my nokia e52 whilst paired with the 3100 and amazingly it came out the speakers with average quality sound. I listened to an internet radio station which I was playing on my phone whilst I drove around town, pretty neat! (control is obviously via the phone, the 3100 merely sends it to the speakers)
- The ring tone on your phone is played when a call comes in (unlike other makes where it plays a standard ring regardless of the phone)
- Signal and battery displayed
- Separate volume setting for ring and in-call (unlike others where you turn up the volume in a call and then nearly have an accident when the next call rings because you left it loud)

The buttons are solid and the backlit display is easy to read even with a pretty strong sun glare on it.

Pairing was simple, just use the phone to search for a new audio device, enter 1234 code and hey presto. The device synchronised the phone book instantly upon pairing and the first time took about 3 mins for 240 entries. Each time the phone pairs thereafter the synch just picks up the changes and it takes mere seconds.

Make sure you set up voice dial on the parrot device itself. If you do not then it will route an attempt to do a voice command to the hand set which is nowhere near as good and wont cope with background/road noise etc.

remember that the 3100 does not have full blown voice recognition, it merely matches the name you say to a name you pre-record and save to a phonebook entry, which means you need to go through your phone book and record a name for each entry you want to be able to dial by voice. First time takes about 2 minutes as it prompts you to record a few number categories (Home, Mobile, Office etc) so you can then specify the correct one from contact with multiple numbers within it. If you normally refer to a cell phone a "mobile" then remember to record the word "mobile" as the device walks you through the different category recordings because it will display the word "cellular" and the first time I did it I inadvertently said and saved the word "cellular"....and then couldnt understand why it didnt know the word "mobile" D'oh!

Subsequent voice recording takes less than 10 seconds per entry. I suggest you do all recording with your engine running (but stationary of course) and your air turned on so you have a little cabin noise which will be more like when you use it on the road whilst driving.

Good kit!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just one thing......, 25 Nov. 2006
This review is from: Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit (Electronics)
Excellent product and very easy to install if using the ISO connectors. One thing the instructions don't mention is if you don't get a 'goodbye' message when you turn off the ignition you need to swap the power wires over. Easily done at the in-line fuse holders. Red to orange and orange to red.

This should solve the problem of lost settings and ensure the product works as intended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Parrot CK1300, 21 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit (Electronics)
Pros:
Great device, works first time nearly every time. Good clear operating system with clear audio.

Cons:
Sometimes doesn't connect first time every time. Could be phone rather than Parrot tho. Reset both and it works fine.
Sometimes the names get mixed up. When someone is calling, a name for the wrong person would appear. If your dialing out it always works tho. If you select the correct name in the phone book it will call that person. Only on a redial will it come up with the wrong name on dial out but it will still call the last dialed number.
Reception details are not always updated quickly. You could be driving along with what looks like full bars then all of a sudden the phone drops off the network and the parrot reading full reception.

Conclusion:
Even with all these faults, it's a great system and would not be without it. I use it with my Samsung I8910 HD and it's fantastic. Brother also uses the same device with his Iphone S3. Works great as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Parrot ck3100, 26 Nov. 2007
Andy H (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
I brought this through amazon nice fast delivery
Easy to fit (once I got the stereo out ) All the cables were supplied take out the two iso fittings from the stereo, fit the two supplied in there place, then fit the two from the stereo (the ones you pulled out)into the sockets on the new cables, these connect to the blue control box which you hide under the dash some where.
Fit the display on the dash with one of the supplied brackets (the mic can sit on the top of the display)run the cable from the display and the mic back to the blue control box job done.
Pair up the device and away you go the sound quality is great far better than other kits I've used.
Easy to set voice dial, see your phone book etc
In fact a great bit of kit

2.0 out of 5 stars It does have a serious limitation, 13 Aug. 2008
This review is from: Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit (Electronics)
I had mine professionally installed so encountered no issues there.

The main and very serious criticism is the sound quality at the "other" end. The person I'm speaking to, invariably has real difficulties in hearing me because of background noise - the faster the vehicle speed, the worse the reception for the other party.

In the car, I can hear very well so am not distracted by having to strain to hear what is being said, but many times I've been asked to call back when I've finished my journey because I can't be heard. That is not acceptable.

My daughter has the same CK3100 and experiences the same problem - above 50mph hearing by the other party becomes difficult and does reach the level of impossible. I drive a Focus any daughter a Yaris so bigger vehicles with less background-noise may not suffer as badly.

I assume this problem is recognised by the manufacturer as some other Parrot units have 2 microphones but I don't know if these units are better.

This is a real and not exaggerated problem - if you want to buy a Parrot, check out the units with 2 microphones and test it at the other end, with the vehicle travelling at 55mph+ not inside the car where reception is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great little unit BUT..., 23 Oct. 2005
This review is from: Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit (Electronics)
This is a fantastic little unit BUT there are some phones that it is not immediately compatible with - for example the Sony Ericsson K700 and K750. These phones require the very last software version to be uploaded to the unit - a bluetooth enabled laptop or similar - is required.
If in doubt about compatibilty try searching in google for 'parrot 3100 k750i' or similar.
Other than that initial setup problem, it really has been superb.

5.0 out of 5 stars If it weren't for Royal Mail...., 12 July 2007
D. Saxton "dans1977uk" (Talbot Green, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit (Electronics)
I must say this is a fantastic product, I've just fitted it in less than half an hour to my Renault Trafic van. Even an idiot could do it without the instructions. Really clear signal. Have tested it a few times and all the people I've called have been impressed - as have I!! Menu's very intuitive and the unit looks really smart on the dashboard. Also, stickers are provided to save the need to drill into your dashboard which many people wouldn't want to do - very handy.

I bought this item earlier today from our local Ford dealership who I found were stockists from the Parrot website. They tried to charge me £110 PLUS VAT and after some negotiation agreed to £99 plus VAT.. still much higher than Amazon are asking.... I chose to pay over the odds though as I've a lot of driving to do over the next two weeks away from home so due to postal strikes didn't want to risk not receiving in time.

If you're after a hands free kit I can't recommend this one highly enough.... especially at this price!

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy To Fit And A Dream To Use, 8 Feb. 2005
This review is from: Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit (Electronics)
I used to have a Jabra head seat but found the battery life just usless so spent quite some time looking round for an alternative. I also tend to change my phone quite often so hard wiring wasn't really an option.
I chose the over the Ericsson bluethooth set as my mate has the ericsson and i find the background noise terrible. Recieved my box and had it installed and wired into my existing car stereo in about 10 mins flat. What a dream. When i opened the box and saw all the wires i thought no but its very very easy...
The sound quality is fantastic and I have had no complaints from callers the other end. All in all a superb piece of kit and well worth a look though your might want to shop around for a cheaper price...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent CK3100, 13 April 2008
C. Vaudin - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit (Electronics)
Just bought the CK3100 and fitted it in about an hour. Wiring quite straight forward, hardest bit was fitting all the wires back behind the dashboard and radio. Works perfectly. I checked out the Parrot website where you can enter your exact car model and it gave me a couple of tips regarding the wiring for my Renault Laguna(ie. swapping the red and orange fuse wires). There is also a forum on there, giving help on installation and pairing with your phone if you get really stuck.

Anyway I think the CK3100 is fantastic and would definately recommended it. At the moment I'm like a big kid and can't wait to get in my car and make and receive calls!! Sad I know!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 25 Feb. 2007
L. Wade (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit (Electronics)
I purchased my parrot ck3100 from carhifionline, delivered fast and well packaged. Installation took about half an hour on my vw transporter van, it turned out to be a case of removing the radio, removing the existing plug connectors, pluging in the parrot connectors to the radio and then the existing connectors back into the parrot connectors, mounting the mic and control unit and that was it!.... i remember thinking 'bloody hell it works!'....its not often things are that good, I've had a few cheep car kits before and they've been crap. So i'm pleased that i decided to spend a bit more for someting that works!......oh you'll need to re-enter your radio keycode when you finish, so make sure that you've got it.

Parrot CK3100 Advanced Bluetooth Car Kit