Format: DVD|Change

on 3 March 2009
so you're back at the house and your step-mum turns out to be the lovely Jung-ah Yum.. or is she
lovely?
i was set off by the wallpaper which is very european (and if you've read The Yellow Wall-Paper you'll get my meaning)
but who was the looney? pretty good stuff.. not horror.. just that horrid stuff that makes you wonder what is real
VINE VOICEon 23 October 2012
What a let-down! If you're looking for a tense, intelligent horror mystery then you've looked in the wrong place if you come here. A Tale of Two sisters is flat, illogical, pretentious, slow, boring, and mind-numbingly tedious. The only reason I didn't switch it off is because I couldn't be bothered reaching for the remote. This might be because the English subtitles lost something in translation, but there's no denying that it should have been tighter.

The story has two sisters (who appear to be fraternal twins, though the actresses are 7 years apart) return home after a stint away only to find creepy happenings in their country home. After what feels like a million years it builds to a big twist that contradicts the narrative structure that led to it.

Kim Jee-Woon has made some great films, including A Bittersweet Life, but I was very disappointed with this snooze-fest. The inappropriate score doesn't help much either.

There are some great Asian horror movies out there. This is not one of them.

The DVD is in murky-looking 1.78:1 anamorphic widescreen with Dolby 5.1 and a bunch of features on Disc 2 that I will never watch.
on 21 March 2011
This korean movie is 10X better than the one re-made by Hollywood. It is suspenseful (not scary as like "in-your-face" hollywood style) and mind-bending. For some, it can be a quite a drag since it started off slow, but I don't mind because it builds up the story and suspense. The ending is really weird. Overall, I like it.
on 19 October 2014
Seen this a while ago and guessing from the reviews it's *that* movie.

It's one of the best movies and certainly best horrors.

And yes, it's not for people who want to see through the plot from the very start.
on 22 August 2013
Fantastic movie that as twists and plays with the viewers mind.

The viewer needs to pay attention carefully to the movie. If it does he will fully understand the movie.
on 14 July 2016
I loved this so glad I watched it excellent I think I was in a trance. Such an original, quirky and indeed moralistic film and I'd highly recommend it.
on 25 August 2015
I enjoyed this film, quite scary in places and a lot of mystery, so much so I had to go back and watch it again to get the story straight in my head!
on 7 July 2013
it is a very well thought movie .it keeps you on the edge of seat and keeps you guessing until the very last scene :)
on 8 November 2014
After reading these spectacular reviews, I wondered if I was actually watching the same film! The first 45 minutes were a complete drag and I was tempted to turn it off (shame I hadn't). For me, it didn't really get much better and as for being so scary that I won't sleep for a week, well, that is laughable. I've been more scared by certain TV dramas. I've watched some really good atmospheric foreign horrors but for me, this wasn't one of them. In future, I'll take note of reviewers names and avoid any reviews that they leave.
on 24 July 2005
This film was just amazing i loved it + the scary bits like the trail of blood made it stand out so much more this is one of my favorite films such as The Doll Master i say watch it if this is your style horror,lots blood, and sickness!