5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Practice
As we all know the basics are the foundation for anything, dance, music etc. This is what this DVD delivers. You won't get lots of moves or variations, it won't teach you to dance BUT it will drill a few core fundamental moves, it will condition the muscles used in belly dance and you will feel it!
A few people have complained about lack of cues when changing poses...
Published on 15 Jun 2005 by Eve

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth waiting 2 weeks for.
Unfortunately you have to give a star to write a review.
This is so not worth buying. Harsh but which I didn't. I didn't even use it.
Published 5 months ago by patrice elliott

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Practice, 15 Jun 2005
Eve (stoke on trent, staffs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TRIBAL FUSION - YOGA ISOLATIONS & DRILLS: PRACTICE (DVD)
A few people have complained about lack of cues when changing poses in the warm-up/yoga sections, I have no problem. I watched it through and knew what was coming up.
You have a choice of 3 lengths of workout 15/30/45 minutes, each adding an extra couple of moves from the section before so you can build up or dip in depending how much time you have. The instructions are quite clear, the production is high so you get a good look at how the dancer is moving.
Great for building bellydancing stamina and Rachel Brice is a great dancer. Well worth the bargain price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tribal Fusion Belly Dance, 28 April 2005
Nancy A. James "najmes" (Maui, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TRIBAL FUSION - YOGA ISOLATIONS & DRILLS: PRACTICE (DVD)
Excellent instructional DVD for price value. Well done with high production. The instruction for exercises is clear & offers many repetions for a chance to perfect the move before moving onto the next section. The voice over option is nice because after you become adept you can turn the instructions off & use the practice with your own music. I have been a bellydance instructor for 5 years & find the material challenging enough for experienced dancers as well as a great primer for those new to bellydancing. Rachel's amazing control in yoga & bellydance are inspiring.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Drilling, 14 Mar 2010
Henna (Cornwall, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TRIBAL FUSION - YOGA ISOLATIONS & DRILLS: PRACTICE (DVD)
I found this DVD very useful for Drilling the moves - I used to Drill alone, to my own music which was good, but I find it really helps to have the visual cues too, and better section timing. It also gives you a chance to perfect each movement before moving on to the next one, as it starts with slow repetition, then moves on to the faster-paced.
It's nice to turn the voice-over off (once you're used to the DVD though!) so you can really focus on the moves and not the instrucion - it gives you the sense that you know what you're doing, rather than just following the leader. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very effective to target your abs and flexibility, 13 Feb 2011
This review is from: TRIBAL FUSION - YOGA ISOLATIONS & DRILLS: PRACTICE (DVD)
I have been doing Belly dance for the last 2 years but I noticed that I wasn't flexible enough and as I am doing yoga now I realized that if I found something that would mixed both I would hit gold. And then I found this video which is more that I was hoping for. I can do as much or little as I have time for with the 3 different exercise slots (15/30/45 minutes) All moves are well explained, specially if you have, as I do, problems doing tummy rolls. Excellent, I will look for more stuff from Rachel Brice. Really enjoyable. You will enjoy this even if you do any other belly dance style

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for midweek workouts, 7 Sep 2014
This is a great video.
It will not teach you all the ins and outs of Tribal Fusion bellydance, in that the title is perhaps misleading.
The workout covers a handful of movements (off the top of my head: chest lifts, hipwork on the up, hipwork on the down, undulations down to up and up to down, chest eights, omis), which are only drilled individually with increasing speed, plus a number of yoga poses arranged in a warmup and cooldown. No combos, no choreos.
I find this video absolutely perfect for a midweek workout. You can choose between a 15, 30 and 45 minutes practice, which will have a slightly modified warmup and cooldown and a selection of the movements. 15 minutes might not seem much, but it is quite intense as all the movements presented are muscular rather than skeletal. I normally do the 30 minutes practice on its own, or the 15 minutes with some freestyle dancing.

4.0 out of 5 stars brilliant!, 17 Aug 2013
This review is from: TRIBAL FUSION - YOGA ISOLATIONS & DRILLS: PRACTICE (DVD)
good DVD gets you working and moving muscles you never knew you had, i would recommend to a friend...very good buy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Like this DVD, 19 April 2011
This review is from: TRIBAL FUSION - YOGA ISOLATIONS & DRILLS: PRACTICE (DVD)
For companion purpose, it is great and you will follow the different time slot depending on how long you have to practice. It may a bit hard to ones who are not familiar with her because you have to follow her pace to do the yoga and the skill practice. Since I have bought the serpentine to practice before so I know her quite well and this would be nice for me to only practice some core movements and undulations.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice basics DVD, 14 Sep 2010
This review is from: TRIBAL FUSION - YOGA ISOLATIONS & DRILLS: PRACTICE (DVD)
I took a 6 week course on Tribal Fusion & decided to get this as a back up to practice at home with.

I really enjoyed it and found it works really nicely as a companion whilst taking classes as it mixes the yoga & drills that are the basis of the style of dance.

I like the fact that you can choose from sections depending on if you have time for a full practice or just want 15 mins quick session.

I am not sure if for a complete beginner this would be too much - not strenuous, but the detail in how to make the muscular movements is touched upon but not in too much detail (it does say it's a companion!)

So overall I love it as it'll help me keep up practicing the basic components

1.0 out of 5 stars not worth waiting 2 weeks for., 1 April 2014
This review is from: TRIBAL FUSION - YOGA ISOLATIONS & DRILLS: PRACTICE (DVD)
Unfortunately you have to give a star to write a review.
This is so not worth buying. Harsh but which I didn't. I didn't even use it.