5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, simply brilliant!, 19 Oct 2004
Ben (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tunde (Audio CD)
Paul Tucker may not be around any more, but Tunde Baiyewu can still produce beautiful Lighthouse Family style music as good as ever with his wonderful singing voice, soothing melodies, and genuine lyrics. Each song on this CD is lively, but relaxing. True and overall fantastic, Tunde Baiyewu's voice can hold and produce the beautiful spirit of The Lighthouse Family and I hugely anticipate much more of the same in the years to come. Well done Tunde!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bought on expectation, which were fulfilled, 6 July 2005
Chappers "chappers" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Tunde (Audio CD)
I liked the Lighthouse Family, and own a couple of their albums, but I was never entirely sold on them. What I did know however, was that the lead singer had a unique sound, and uniqueness is a hard attribute to come by these days.
When I heard that Tunde was releasing a solo album, I immediately pre-ordered it, without hearing anything on the album.
This instantly became one of my favourite albums. It is calming and smooth, quiet and thoughtful. There is a mixture of happy and sad, and all of the songs have lyrics that you can listen to and understand, as they have real meaning. It's all about love and relationships, so if you're fealing mournful and need to let it all out, this is a good one to put on.
The opener entitled Passing the Hours is a pleasing to the ear and you find yourself humming it all day.
Perhaps my favourite track is titled Anaesthetic, a slow, delicate track full of emotion. At 6 minutes, it's quite long, but you don't notice the length as you just drift into the sound.
Overall, I would certainly recommend this album if you are after a distinctive sounding male solo artist, able to carry his songs with feeling and soul.

5.0 out of 5 stars Speechless, 12 Dec 2004
H. Howells "hayleyh5" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tunde (Audio CD)
I wasnt even aware that Tunde had released this album... Going on the style of the Lighthouse family, I bought this album without a second thought. What a pleasant surprise. It lived up to my expectations and more. Lovely genuine songs, easy to listen to anytime. I love the 3rd song on the album "Letting me down Gently" - Tunde's voice with the backing singer Catherine Feeny is just divine. I cant recommend this album highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tunde's brilliant Album, 6 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Tunde (Audio CD)
This album is simply Brilliant! Wonderful soul stiring and touching lyrics delivered with such a healing vocal style. Tunde shows his true range with changes of pitch and style in different songs. I have to say I have not been able to stop playing this album. A definite must have!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Ever Album, 24 April 2008
Matthew Allen "Pimp" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tunde (Audio CD)
I am into all soughts of music. Mainly Hip hop and garage. I was never into the LightHouse Family when they were around. I used to work for a big Corporate Music production Company, ( no names mentioned but its a four letter word and begins with S ) and one of the main perks was getting loads of free cds! This album was one I picked up one day before it was released! I must say this is the best album I have ever heard in my entire life! This fella Tunde, his voice is amazing. Its the most relaxing, soulful and heartfelt album I have ever heard and would recommend it to anyone! My ex girlfriend chucked it when we split and it has took me years to find it! The one place I never thought of looking but I got it back! Buy the album!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Somebody had to..., 30 Dec 2004
Kevin (Atlanta, GA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tunde (Audio CD)
After winning over millions of fans, SOMEBODY had to continue Lighthouse Family's unique musical formula for success, and no one seems more capable of doing so than L.F.'s own front man, Tunde Baiyewu. His voice soars beyond the vocal constraints of his former context in surprising ways, and Tunde's song craft seems to match that of his former band-mate, Paul Tucker. The lyrics are sometimes poignant and always warm, capturing the true spirit of Lighthouse Family in a way that gives me hope that the short-lived tradition of my favorite band will carry on. I have little doubt that if Tunde succeeds, he will eventually experiment with his sound in a way that takes him beyond his recent roots, but for now I am very satisfied with a record that reminds me so much of a recording group that would otherwise be sorely missed among today's musical offerings.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lighthou.....err TUNDE actually is about to be.....lifted?, 10 April 2010
Blackmale (Newcastle upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tunde (Audio CD)
Strange but true. Tunde apparently set off on stage, delivering his latest solo works only to find the audience didn't care and wanted to hear him light the house for the family instead. Which is kind of what we have here.
Almost as if duo had an uncomfortable falling out leaving one of them to soldier on, trying and ultimately failing to escape the legacy of the other.

TUNDE is good, at times exceptional and I cite #3 LETTING ME DOWN GENTLY as being my own personal cup of Djar jeeling, but never convinces of being any other than a Lit House without the other half of the family to comfort him.
Passionately written, expensively and carefully assembled, you get the glossy rich vocal from Tunde poured over the next stage of their last musical journey.
The only thing that is missing is the other bloke....oh and the name - LIGHTHOUSE FAMILY.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tunde Album, 1 Feb 2009
Mr. Garry Morris "Garry" (England) - See all my reviews
Tunde
If you are/were a fan of the lighthouse family then you will most certainly enjoy this album

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
John McGovern (London, England) - See all my reviews
Great album!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 16 May 2013
This review is from: Tunde (Audio CD)
Underestimated, this is fabulous music from ex-Lighthouse Family, Tunde. Have bought more. Beautiful easy listening. Despatched quickly and well packaged as always. Very pleased fan.

Tunde
Tunde by Tunde (Audio CD - 2004)