5.0 out of 5 stars HOT SAUCE with FLAVOUR not just HEAT !!
Published on 17 April 2012 by Mrs. Michelle P. Williams

2.0 out of 5 stars Frank's not very hot sauce
Published 21 months ago by Mike Andy

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars HOT SAUCE with FLAVOUR not just HEAT !!, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Frank's RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce 354 ml (Pack of 3) (Grocery)
I love FLAVOUR... in life generally and specifically in food. Concerning Franks Original cayenne pepper sauce, it has a marvellous flavour - with a good bit of heat. If you use it sparingly, you achieve BOTH !! I have no desire to sear off the taste buds on my tongue, with a BALLISTICALLY HOT SAUCE (such as is commonly used in Chilli sauces in the USA <Texas !!> where the success of your Chilli is measured by the HEAT not the TASTE). My preference is a sauce which COMPLIMENTS but does not OVERCOME the taste and flavour of your food. And THIS, Frank's does IN SPADES !!! We use it in practically everything, the amount depending on the dish being prepared. From scrambled eggs to Lamb curry !!

THIS IS THE KING OF CAYENNE SAUCES !!!

Submitted with the greatest pleasure by Jeff and Michelle Williams.

5.0 out of 5 stars Franks red hot, 5 Feb. 2012
Colin Oliver - See all my reviews
this sauce is just right,bitter and sharp but not so hot it blows your bollocks off.This stuff will be on my table every time I have a barbeque this comming summer.

5.0 out of 5 stars The one !!!, 22 Sept. 2012
A few years ago I went to TGI Fridays and ordered the boneless chicken wings and it came with the most delightful tasting "franks hot sauce" ...instantly I was hooked ! Whenever I went back I would always get these because I didn't think I could replicate the taste as I didn't know where to get the sauce..... Until now !!! I had searched online as I wasn't sure exactly what sauce in "Franks Red Hot" range it actually was. After reading someone's review on here saying it was the very same as going to TGI's itself I had to order it . Can I say I wasn't disappointed ! The vinegary and hot combination makes this the best sauce out there especially when making buffalo wings.. And 3 bottles for less than a tenner.... Bargain ! I have since realised it is for sale in tesco's and Waitrose but its the smaller size bottle so you definitely get more for your money here. .... This sauce really is a must have ...., well it was for me ! ....ENJOY !!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Frank's not very hot sauce, 5 July 2013
While this might be ok for adding a bit of spice to your chips etc., as a cooking ingredient it just isn't hot enough. While I'm no fan of the ridiculously hot sauces that make dishes inedible if a tiny drop too much is added, adding a couple of teaspoons of this to a saucepan of food won't really make it hot. I also found it a bit too salty. There's a place for sauces like this but the 'Red Hot' name is misleading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget Tabasco, This Is The King, 24 April 2014
Matthew Ray (Hitchin, Herts., UK) - See all my reviews
Not a serious hot sauce that will leave you panting and reaching for a glass of milk, Frank's Red Hot Original is nevertheless an excellent and versatile cayenne pepper sauce. It can be cooked into sauces to add just a little bit of bite (though the slight sour edge might need to be balanced out with other spices), or splashed liberally on your meal. Particularly good with fries ;)

A good one for those who are bored with Tabasco and want something with slightly more body, but don't want to leave their eyebrows sweating after a meal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hard to get in Europe unless you have access to an American base., 26 Jun. 2014
You either know the sauce or not. Not near the best chile sauce in the world, quite vinegary, and not even in the same heat league as real hot sauces, BUT........it is the one and only Buffaloe wing sauce for serious BW lovers.
Three large bottles for just over £7. Cheap as chip sauce. I chose the free delivery with another order over £10 as I was ordering a few things anyway. Not such good value for the single bottle + delivery.
Arrived in perfect condition early. Thank you Amazon.

4.0 out of 5 stars Just liked it!, 14 Dec. 2012
Arrived very quickly, good quality stuff, well packed, I have got several bottles and will be buying more from this maker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buffalo wings - haw can you not like Frank's, 27 Oct. 2013
Not going to explain this in detail. Ever had Domino's and an extra order of buffalo wings? Well thats how it starts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accept No Imitation, 23 Mar. 2014
Title says it all. Cayenne Pepper Sauce is an essential ingredient to many dishes and it is very hard to deviate from Frank's RedHot's original signature sauce.

An absolute necessary if you're trying to reproduce Buffalo Wings. And seek out a delicious recipe for Blue Cheese Dressing.

5 Stars.

5.0 out of 5 stars This does exactly what it says on the tin...awesome...., 3 May 2012
I travel alot..... During these travels and in order to relieve my boredom I resolved to visit every Hard Rock Cafe in the world. Each one I visit I order and enjoy Wings with Heavy Metal Hot sauce....I didnt think it could be bought but Franks Hot Sauce brings HRC Wings to my home....absolutely awesome....

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›