5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Rugged, simple and compact.
This is a wonderful detector, simple to use even though the manual is poorly written! However there are plenty of Youtube videos to explain how to use.
Best readings are achieved usually within 3 minutes however you will get reading in under 1minute usually.
Seller shipped and packaged the goods well, overall, fantastic service and would recommend and use again!
Published 22 months ago by Fraz Ahmad

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of Box failure
Out of box failure....dreadful!!!!! What else can I say, or am supposed to say, to fill up the rest of this space.
Published on 25 Jan. 2013 by Andrew Hay

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Rugged, simple and compact., 7 May 2013
This review is from: RADEX RD1503 - Radiation Detector (This model is now replaced by RD1503+) (Kitchen & Home)

5.0 out of 5 stars an excellent product and very sensible to estimate the radiation of the beta and gamma sources, 27 Jun. 2012
Clarissa18 (Bromley, KENT) - See all my reviews
I have received the instrument this morning and I have got some of bad emotions before starting the measurements in my house . I found out a lot of big bad and good surprises and I was expected this thing to happend. I took today 12 measurements of places in my house, bedrooms, entrance, corners of the building, the house is built in 1939, certainly they did not use radioactive bricks to build it, maybe it is a good luck for me and my family. Buying this item was very necessary. Otherwise why to spend big money to buy this radiation detector ?!I will use it in my trip to Romania, too - where I will see the level of radiation in multiple locations over there. Tomorrow I will make detection of radiation in my daughter's school.
The instrument is very sensible and has a very accurate estimation of the radiation measuremants, you have to read the instruction very carefully, wait for the 4 cycles to go on.Tthe explanations are easy to follow and to understand, does not matter it is not a perfect English. I give 5 stars for the Russian producers, the price is excellent, the cheapest and most reliable from the market, I have studied prices on the 25 producers of Geiger-Mueller contors of measurement of beta, gamma, alpha radiation. The prices are even 2 times to 10 times bigger. AMAZON has the best price of the British market and AMERICAN market, too.

Thank you very much!

I did measurement of food contamination, it were OK, in the range.
The bad biggest surprise was TAP WATER, even I was expecting this thing, the water had 0.2 microSievert per hour, it is big, too big. I will never drink tap water, even English authorities SAY NOTHING ABOUT WATER AND AIR POLLUTION OF RADIATION.Shame on them to mislead the people and the innocent children of this country!

Tomorrow I will go outdoors to make measurements of trees / plants / soil radiation.
As a home user, this detector is very good and has very precisely measurements, you DO NOT need 2 channels to read radiation, separate gamma and separate chanel for beta. I have in my home other detector , other brand, and the same detectors did the same range of measurements. RADEX it is an excellent brand.

As a explanation, if you follow the instruction, you can make measurement of tap water or of any kind of fluid! It is for every day use, because as a parent I have to protect my children and I have to know what kind of food we are eating up everyday!

I DO RECOMEND THIS PRODUCT! 5 STARS! Thank you very much!

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of Box failure, 25 Jan. 2013