5.0 out of 5 stars Spoiled for choice!
The DFA is going to be big, so get your hands on this before they realise they have been too kind to us with this triple cd offering and do something terrible like withdraw it from the shops!
If you like LCD Soundsystem and The Rapture's sound then you will love this showcase of upcoming DFA releases, watch out for the cowbells - they will have you hooked!
The...
Published on 6 Jun 2005 by H. R. Oram

2.0 out of 5 stars steady now
This compilation album scored great reviews not just here but at other sites I checked out. I cannot imagine why.
Unless... you're into punk and electro with horrific singing and bad lyrics.
Published on 5 July 2005

5.0 out of 5 stars Spoiled for choice!, 6 Jun 2005
H. R. Oram (Bristol, England, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dfa Compilation #2 (Audio CD)
The reason I'm giving this one five stars is because I liked it so much I had to turn my amplifier on full whack. It stopped working halfway through the killer track "Pixeltan", gave up, screamed "please... this music is.... too... oh... I give up... just... leave ... me... alone"
I'm still coming to terms with this, it feels like I have lost a leg or something.
Listening to it on my laptop just isn't the same!
The third cd is mixed. What are you waiting for? The DFA have SPOILED you with this one! Just... be careful... resist the temptation to turn it up to max volume, I dare you!

5.0 out of 5 stars "yes, id like to purchase this disc of pure white noise", 2 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Dfa Compilation #2 (Audio CD)
is it just me, or has pop music just got incredibly good? it's a cliche, but the dfa really are the "alternative" neptunes. there's not an ounce of filler on this, just pure punk funk house techno perfection. buy it before it becomes a collectors item, or whatever.

2.0 out of 5 stars steady now, 5 July 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Dfa Compilation #2 (Audio CD)
Unless... you're into punk and electro with horrific singing and bad lyrics.
Now put the words 'punk' and 'electro' together and it sounds like a fun concept. I found almost no fun in this album, just abrasive sounds and nothing to get my feet moving, let alone my hips.
I imagine a lot of people will like this sound, but I had to send it back after a couple of listens. Normally I'd give an album a much longer period of time to infiltrate my taste, but I knew this one wasn't going to work. I gave it 2 stars because there were one or two tracks that were just ok.
So, steady now, before you go clicking your money away you might want to check this one out carefully.

ARRAY(0xae9c45dc)

Dfa Compilation #2
Dfa Compilation #2 by The DFA (Audio CD - 2004)