5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Fat Flat Handlebars
I was forced to by this for my son's racer which has the modern fatter flattened handlebar design.

When in the packet it doesn't looks like it will fit, but I decided to give it go and it fits perfectly with one short piece of the supplied rubber spacers.

Published on 21 Nov. 2012 by Stoveman

3.0 out of 5 stars Once you work out which bracket you need, disappointing!
This is the product you need if you are trying to mount a Garmin on a road bike with oversized handlebars. For most Mountain bike handebars and the old style of normal diameter bars, then the normal handlebar mount will be ok.

Published on 28 Mar. 2009 by Mr. Martin Wastie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Once you work out which bracket you need, disappointing!, 28 Mar. 2009
Mr. Martin Wastie (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Garmin Large Diameter Rail Mount Adaptor (25-30mm) (Accessory)

Once you work this out, this is not a great product. As it is, the unit rattles about in the mount which is annoying. I have resolved this though by putting tape in the mount platform (i.e. the platform that the GPS unit clicks into) and this sorts it out. Not what you expect to have to do!

3.0 out of 5 stars Overpriced - Not great - but it does the job (after modification), 25 May 2009
A. Bridger (Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
As with previous reviewers - I have had to modify the mount with strips of insulating tape, to stop it rattling around. I would say it is essential to do this, especially on an off-road bike. The rattling is annoying - but more importantly causes rapid wearing of the plastic clips. I also use a short piece of cord through the loop on tbe back of the eTrex and around the handlebars - just in case the clip fails or hasn't seated properly. I learnt this through experience having once lost an eTrex from the clip - it was just luck that I managed to go back an find it. Also you mustn't forget that the eTrex is on the handlebars if you need to turn the bike upside down for track-side repairs (yes, I've done that as well!). So all things considered - overpriced, poorly engineered, but there doesn't seem to be an alternative and it works ok after modification.

3.0 out of 5 stars No other choice, 7 Jan. 2008
G. Thulbourn (England) - See all my reviews
Well, you don't really get an option to buy anything other than this to mount your Garmin device to a set of oversized handlebars. It's rugged enough but it's a real shame that once the device clicks in it has about 2mm of 'slop' that the GPS can rattle about in: pretty poor design really. OK for road bike, but the rattling might drive you nuts after a while on a rough trail on a mountain bike (you might mitigate this using some silicon sealant or a small piece of rubber).
Very important note: it comes with no 'device clip'; it's just a 'wraparound' for the handlebars, so you'll need to purchase the smaller bike mounting kit which includes this clip UNLESS you have an HCx unit which comes with a clip that screws into the back of the battery case as standard (mine, the Legend HCx, does).

3.0 out of 5 stars Necessary if you want a bike mount for etrex, 9 Aug. 2009
Mr. Tim F. Gent "Timmeh" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
If you have a etrex legend hcx (or vista hcx I believe) then just buy this to mount it to your bike. You will also need the bit for your GPS that should have come with it.

Pros:
- Allows mounting to bike
- Comes with a couple of variable thickness rubber tapes for mounting to different size handlebars

Cons:
- GPS doesn't fit as snugly as it could, and rattles a little (even on roads). I don't find this annoying unless things are particularly bumpy. However I intend to pack it with some tape to get rid of this anyway
- Handlebar mount design is basic - will need to unscrew to take off. I would prefer something quick release

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits Fat Flat Handlebars, 21 Nov. 2012

The Garmin HCX fits onto the bracket with an adapter which you have to buy with the normal size bracket for some reason. It's claimed the adapter is supplied with the GPS unit but many people including myself have no recollection of this. Anyway, I found that GPScity in the US will supply these to Europe at normal postage rates.

I'm not convinced that this bracket arrangement would be sufficient for mountain biking or where there is a lot of vibration. GPScity sell a cage-type cradle that woudl probably be better. We just wrap the GPS lanyard around the ahndlbars to save it falling off if neccesary.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Garmin Support, 2 Aug. 2010
This item has been dispatched the day after ordering and, while not yet received, I can't (fingers crossed) see any issues. My review is more about Garmin support. I have an Etrex Vista HCX and like a number of others do not have the clip it was supposed to come with. I rang Garmin support and after one menu choice got through to a human being!!!!!! Mentioned I needed this part, gave him the part number (Vista HCX mounting clip) and the chap on the end of the phone said, 'Aaaah, you can't buy this separately, I'll just go check in the cupboard (??) to see if I've got any'. 10 seconds later, 'Yep, I've got one, I'll send it out to you straight away. Name and address?' Once I'd recovered from the shock of this exceptional customer service, all was well. Well done Garmin!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Garmin Large Diameter Rail Mount Adaptor (25-30mm), 14 Aug. 2012
Wildchild (Sowerby Bridge, West Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my partner to fix his Garmin eTrex handheld GPS onto his cyle. The mount is very secure and this wider mounting was required due the thickness of his handlebars. You do need the original clip that comes with your Garmin eTrex in order to attach the unit to the Adaptor. The three different thickness rubber strips that came included with the Adaptor were very useful to make sure of a secure fit. Would definately recommend this Adaptor especially if you do have thicker-sized handlebars on your cycle. Once the eTrex is clipped into place it is very secure and the quick release system is excellent when you come to remove the eTrex from your cycle.

4.0 out of 5 stars No 'slop' here - works great, 30 April 2010
I was dubious about purchasing this item because other reviewers here on Amazon stated there was a 2mm play, there was slop, or their Garmin rattled without adding rubber or something similar to their clip. I purchased the item to mount my Garmin 60CX to my new bike that came with thicker bars in the middle which is where I wanted to mount my GPS. I can say that the replacement clip is as good as the normal sized clip that came with my original Garmin handlebar mount, no play at all, and I'm riding an 'all mountain'...

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy adaptor that does its job well, 22 Aug. 2011
This adaptor allowed me to use my Garmin eTrex Legend HCx on the handlebar of my road bike. I have a 31.8mm handlebar and I was able to place the adaptor on the thick part of the handlebar, near the stem. My Garmin HCx already came with an accessory for attaching the GPS unit to the adaptor. There is no play where the GPS unit attaches the adaptor and therefore no noises. The unit feels very well secured, sturdy. I would give 5 stars if the adaptor was less expensive.

4.0 out of 5 stars It does the job, 7 May 2011
Expensive for what it is, but there are no aftermarket types as yet so got to pay original manufacturer price and amazon came out cheaper than ebay for this item. I use my bike on and off road and it holds my gps without any problems. Its easy to secure to the handlebars and the gps attaches/detaches from the adaptor quick and easy, but make sure you have the clip that comes in the box with your gps that screws into the back of your gps before ordering this item.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›