on 24 December 2006
It works VERY well. I am most impressed. I've got a Velodyne subwoofer, and it kept blowing the fuse on a low cost sub £15 extrension with surge protection... I wondered, but I noticed after the fuse blown a few times in the speakers power amp, that the Surge light wasn't illuminating anymore. It lasted a month or two before giving up the ghost.

However this Belkin is going stong, and has protected against any further issues with the fuses. I'm happy that this has been able to mitigate the surges in our area without any reliability concerns. Thumbs up!
on 17 January 2006
Another good Belkin product, with top of the line surge protection, however buyer beware; the item shipped is not the item pictured. The displayed item is the US version of this product so anyone looking for satellite cable connectors, as I was, will be disappointed with the standard coaxial connectors on the UK unit.
A better product fot those looking for the satellite connector is product #B0002TSU9W.
on 30 June 2009
I can't believe Amazon is selling this product at half the retail price! Belkin is known for its reliable surge protectors and this one doesn't disappoint. I've bought two of these.

I'm very happy with it.
VINE VOICEon 3 August 2007
Update: Feb 2012

Introduction

If you have had the misfortune to suffer a lightning strike and as a consequence lost major pieces of electrical equipment in the home, you tend to see these as essential equipment and replace as required. These can protect your equipment for several years even with daily usage.

Physical

This device has excellent build quality. The darker colour of this device tends to hides its presence in the shadows. With the need for big T.V, Freeview, DVD player and legacy video recorder just to have enough plugs is a boon, but to have 8 sockets and one controlling switch is great.

Why would you buy it??

As well as 8, 3 - pin sockets, it has the ability to rotate a plug based - transformer away from a near buy sockets to fit. This will conserve an nearby otherwise blocked socket. Each of the 8 plug sockets has surge protection and antenna enabled protection.

Long term comments

However, this antenna anti-surge protection is sensitive to physical movements of the device and can be easily damaged. This damage to the antenna anti-surge device takes the form of random blocking of the visual part of the T.V signal.

It does not harm the device, but it reduces the resolution and picture quality. The sound is unaffected however. If you move the antenna lead directly into your Freeview T.V / box antenna - in, and avoid the antenna protection of this device, then the signal is repaired and fully functional again.

Other comments

Finally, we are all concerned about the environment. Being able to easily turn off several devices at night with one switch encourages you to save energy.
on 15 August 2009
I have had this for about 2 months now, and it's brilliant. It's well made, and even has stickers for your leads :P
Since I have been using this in my HC setup, the effects of the fluctuant power we often get is much less.
I can turn on lights etc now without interference on anything connected to the PureAV

I reccommend this to anyone!!
on 12 April 2009
Another well made Belkin product let down only by the lack of satellite (F Type) connectors/protection
on 3 June 2009
The product was delivered within the quoted delivery time. It was well packed. I am very pleased with this Belkin Surge Protector - 8 socket. It takes up little space and has enabled me to have easier access for switching on and off. My wall socket is in a corner, behind the TV unit and I had to move the TV stand and set in order to get at the switches. Now with the surge protector at the side of the unit, access is very easy.
Fortunately, I have had no power surges since purchasing the unit, but I am confident that it will give me the protection I need. I have always been very satisfied with Belkin products.
on 27 June 2011
Having lost a Sky Hd box, got a badly damaged subwooofer, blown speakers and a blown Blu Ray player over a length of time usually due to lightning and power surges I decided it was high time to get some protection for my many electrical items and stop the flow of money that i had to pay to either fix or replace damaged items. Step forward Belkin AV Home Cinema Surge Protector!!

Thankfully now I know when I sleep at night or the next batch of lightning comes around, my electrical items will be protected. My Subwoofer which had got a particularly bad doing so much that any big bass noises would have it making strange noises is now working fine after being hooked up to the Belkin Surge Protector.

If you consider how much money you spend on the best Amps' TV's and other essential high quality products and that you then overload them into cheap sockets it's no wonder so much stuff gets damaged. The first thing you should really buy is some Surge protection and with The Belkin Surge Protector you are getting a good quality product that will protect your valuable items. It also has 8 sockets that leave enough space for each plug to fit into. No home should be without one.
on 23 February 2009
Seems to work so far, very easy to set up. Just plug everything in and away you go! I purchased it due to very poor power at our house, the power trips at least 4-5 times a week. We've lost 14 light bulbs in 6 weeks so far. But with the Belkin surge protector our LCD TV, Sky+ box, DVD player and XBox are still going strong.
on 31 July 2009
I have used these power protectors for some time now, supplying all my customers with them and I have found them to be great value, very reliable and it does exactly what it says on the box at a very reasonable price.

Very Highly recommended by