5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely amazing. A must-see.
What first drew my attention to this film was the amazing animation. As soon as I saw how fantastic it looked -- and the fact that everything is hand-drawn and coloured -- I had to get it.

Not knowing much about the basis of the story, I decided the whole look of the film was enough to warrant a purchase.

This film is absolutely crazy, that is quite...
Published on 7 May 2006 by afk

3.0 out of 5 stars Crazy and ultra violent creativity but let down by some mediocre animation.
I would compare this to the few episodes of Super Jail that I have seen though Dead Leaves is slightly less inane. I was largely pleased with what I saw but felt disappointed by the animation in places where the action/violence was at is most frenetic as I felt that it just could not keep pace and the detail of the character movements and actions drop to the point where...
Published 18 months ago by Collstep

2.0 out of 5 stars Like life itself..., 2 Jan. 2006
R. A. Caton "Arcaton" (London United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dead Leaves [DVD] (DVD)
....as the bard put it, a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I bought this DVD as a Christmas present for myself, having enjoyed "Ghost in the Shell". I wish I hadn't. Perhaps it's me. Perhaps I'm too old to enjoy scenes cut with the rapidity of a strobe lamp, angular character designs, and a film that doesn't seem to have any coherent plot.
Either way, I reckon I wasted my money; no hard feelings, nothing suits everyone but this one is just too flashy and frenetic for my taste without any quirky twist redeeming it.

Dead Leaves [DVD]
Dead Leaves [DVD] by Hiroyuki Imaishi (DVD - 2004)