5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing saw
Published on 17 May 2010 by Enya21

3.0 out of 5 stars Does some jobs, but not all of them...
Published on 24 Feb. 2011 by Carmen Moran

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An amazing saw, 17 May 2010
This review is from: The Unbelievable Saw (Sports)
Our son-in-law introduced us to this and it removes those larger branches, that would take a while to saw through ordinarily, in a 'jif'( even our son has volunteered to use this! so great for encouraging the family to join in the gardening (LOL)). We have used it to remove a small tree that popped up growing along side one of our apple trees? and removal of branches, it is so easy to use - I am not a strong female but I can use it with ease (if you can get a look in - the males in our family are so keen to test it!)
Excellent item, perfect gift for the man who has everything (if he has a garden), we have only tried it on a tree with a diameter of approx 8 inches it was like slicing butter our son did this without any effort and so quickly.

Quick delivery - perfect thankyou The Unbelievable Saw

4.0 out of 5 stars Saw, 9 Mar. 2011
This review is from: The Unbelievable Saw (Sports)
I bought this after I had already snapped a wire saw in one minute of use. This is much stronger and helped me cut off a couple of tree stumps up against the wall where I couldn't get a saw. It is good up to three inches diameter and then takes longer and becomes horse work. It will be just the job for campers and backwoods work.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a bit of kit, 19 Nov. 2013
This review is from: The Unbelievable Saw (Sports)
Better than a chain saw you can throw it up a tree with a bit of string tied on each end I have cut 3inch branches of 15 feet pluss up a tree with me still on the ground.
Try doing that with a chain saw

5.0 out of 5 stars The Unbelievable Saw, 17 Oct. 2011
K. D. Mccann "keith" (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Unbelievable Saw (Sports)
The is really an unbelievable piece of gear. It folds down to a small size that easily fits into the palm of your hand. It makes cutting a simple task even those awkward angles. Iuse it camping and wouldn't leave home without it in my pack list.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great part of a tool set. Not a saw that rules them all., 9 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Unbelievable Saw (Sports)
I use this to cut and coppice dry/wet hazel , hawthorn , oak and willow. By itself it will constantly snag alot more then a pruning saw or a bow saw. However if you cut a step with a bladed saw and a small starter cut at the back of the trunk you can leverage your entire upper body to saw through the trunk without the saw snagging instead of just using your arms to cut through with a bladed saw. I have found this slightly faster and much less energy consuming.
For cutting horizontal branches it is fast and effective and only seems to snag right at the end of the cut , so leaves a small tear on the branch when pulled apart. It wont cut thin branches effectively so a pruner or billhook is a useful addition.
For its price it is good value and I wouldn't do without it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does some jobs, but not all of them..., 24 Feb. 2011
Carmen Moran (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Unbelievable Saw (Sports)
I bought this item quite simply because I couldn't afford to buy a full-on electric chainsaw, and thought it might be worth giving this a shot. And it was... kinda. I can't really agree with the raving reviews it's received so far, though. The saw works very well on dry softwood, up to maybe about 8 cm in diameter. Try it on something actually attached to a living tree, possibly even slightly damp from the rain and you're down to 5cm, as the teeth just snag and get stuck very easily. If that's all you're going to use it for, that's fine, of course, but from the description and reviews I had expected slightly more...

Still, it takes up virtually no space at all, doesn't need electricity, and I also found the little plastic pouch it came in was fine for storing it, as it's quite sturdy. Handy for smaller jobs, but not the only saw you're ever going to need!

3.0 out of 5 stars SOme problems in use, 30 Dec. 2012
AL Goldsmith - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Unbelievable Saw (Sports)
It's great in that you can easily carry it in your pocket- unlike a conventional saw.
But in use I found it often got stuck and I couldn't change position or otherwise make it work again- cutting branches from the side, one end always comes under the branch so gravity works against you.

2.0 out of 5 stars unbelievable jamming saw, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Unbelievable Saw (Sports)
bought this to trim high up branches,spent more time getting a rope over the branch so i could create a loop with a rope on the saw handles,3 or 4 draws in got very stuck on a live ash tree,only use on very dry wood no bigger than 10 cm and preferable not much above head height

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the best by any means, 26 May 2014
This review is from: The Unbelievable Saw (Sports)
These types of saws still needs a lot of improving. I bought mine to do a light prune of Conker tree. I was high up in the tree, about 30' & my son was ground-based. I had about 6 branches to take out all between 2" - 6" max. I thought I would use my son for the donkey work and myself, in the tree, to assist. Trouble with the Saw was that it get getting jammed up very easily and despite my son pulling away on the extended ropes on the saw, nothing seemed to help. In the end I did most of the work up the tree with this saw, which being 60, is not recommended & very tiring. Out with me old trusty Bow saw and I soon had them branches down.
This is a good saw for probably very light work and on ground based scenarios only otherwise its forever jamming up.

5.0 out of 5 stars Saw., 26 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Unbelievable Saw (Sports)
This item was a Christmas present for my nephew. I hadn;t a clue what it was when I was asked to purchase it.
His family go on camping holidays. He was very pleased to get it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›