5.0 out of 5 stars Great macro little lens, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: Pentax smc DFA 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens (Electronics)
This is a great lens and I think, much over-looked (I did also get it for a good price on Amazon). Granted it might not be the best lens to take macro shots of insects (due to the 50mm focal range) but for what I need it for (taking photos of jewellery and close-ups of plants, etc) it's a really useful lens. It's really sharp with good colour saturation, and can be used as a general walk-around lens. It's quite small so can be used for handheld shots without problems. It's pretty much stayed on my camera since I've purchased it. My only criticism is that bokeh could be better and softer, but you can't have everything. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent lens. Faster focus than DA50mm f1.8., 22 Aug 2014
This review is from: Pentax smc DFA 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens (Electronics)
Excellent lens. I was dubious that this lens would satisfy being a general purpose short tele lens due to it being designed as a macro. I was most concerned that the af would be slow, in fact it is faster than the da50mm 1.8 and locks on af on my k5ii with impeccable speed.

It is early days yet however I have a good feeling about this lens. Fast af, sharp, high contrast well done Pentax.

5.0 out of 5 stars macro lens, 31 May 2014
This review is from: Pentax smc DFA 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens (Electronics)
bought for my husband who is a keen photographer very good results for the close up excellent would recommend to others

Pentax smc DFA 50mm f/2.8 Macro Lens