5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Compilation !!!!!!! A Must have!!!
Published on 31 May 2006 by Pito Perez

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay
Some of the songs are here are considerably better than others and it's just not up to the same standard as Un Día Normal, but still a very listenable CD.
Published on 11 Mar 2006 by Kit Carmichael

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb Compilation !!!!!!! A Must have!!!, 31 May 2006
This review is from: Mi Sangre (Audio CD)
What a nice surprise to be able to listen to Juanes in Europe! This is a Superb compilation album!!!! It's pretty much a summary of the best songs Juanes has ever released plus some new ones. It includes "Fotografia" with Nelly Furtado which give you a great insight into his kind of music. A powerful and distinctive guitar throughout the whole album makes you enjoy his Colombian roots and gives you enough rhythm to put all people to dance. It's a great mix of music, you will find from rock songs to romantic ballads, all along you'll feel the Latin Soul. A must have even if you don't understand the lyrics, that's the great thing about music! Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab!!, 3 Aug 2006
This review is from: Mi Sangre [Us Import] (Audio CD)
This album was my introduction to Juanes. Having heard "La Camisa Negra" on the music channel I just had to buy it. I speak very little spanish but that doesn't matter because you can appreciate the musicality and there are plenty sites on the internet which give translations.

I now have all of his albums and find it fascinating how he's developed since "Fijate Bien". Every album is different and for those who say Juanes has lost his way - that's just not true. He refuses to fit nicely into a specific genre so he can use all his influences and since he has the talent to do this I have no problem with it.

The only song I don't like on the album is "Tu Guardian" which is a bit slow and not a good album ender.

10/10 Definitely a good buy if you're open minded enough to listen to lyrics which aren't in English.

4.0 out of 5 stars changed my mind love it!!, 2 April 2008
This review is from: Mi Sangre (Audio CD)
I bought this for Camisa Negra which I love and hoped that more tracks would be in the same style. Unfortunately not so. But it is an interesting mix of very different styles, sure to please a varied audience. I must say other than the above song the best pieces were the bonus tracks from the Un Dia Normal album. The sound on it was much more pleasant. I did not like the symphony like accompanyment on Mi Sangre. Too much orchestra, prefer hearing guitar and vocals and percussion.
AFTER LISTENING TO THIS FOR AWHILE- I love it!! Some of the most beautiful songs are the slower ones. So I definitely recommend it to everyone who loves latin music. Definite Colombian flavour!! Great Stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites, 2 Oct 2005
This review is from: Mi Sangre [Us Import] (Audio CD)
A great album. The quality varies, but at worst (Dámelo) I quite enjoyed it; at best (Sueños & Camisa Negra)I heard some really stirring lyrics and a tune that wrapped itself around my spine and kept me humming for the rest of the day. They stick in your mind, these songs, which I guess may or may not be a bad thing.. it certainly makes a good soundtrack for an otherwise humdrum school day! :D

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 5 Jan 2014
This review is from: Mi Sangre + 4 (Audio CD)
make sure you check the songs before you buy an album so you know it is what you want. Great item.

5.0 out of 5 stars Juanes, 5 Jan 2013
This review is from: Mi Sangre [Us Import] (Audio CD)
Funky little CD, really like the latin sound of the music. I would recommend this if you are a Juanes fan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great artist, great songs!!, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: Mi Sangre (Audio CD)
I recently discovered such a great talent. Not only is he a great humanitarian, in his native country Colombia, but his talent has been praised by a number of Grammys to his name. I love the lyrics and his musicality. I highly recommend the `Mi Sangre' compilation CD with some great tracks like `A Dios Le Pido', `Es Por Ti', `Para Tu Amor' and others. Check out his collaboration with Herbie Hancock's called `La Tierra' on Youtube. Enjoy!Mi Sangre [Bonus Tracks]

5.0 out of 5 stars Latin "good vibe" Rock, 31 Dec 2009
This review is from: Mi Sangre (Audio CD)
Strong rithems, melodic voice and easy to the ear. Nice way to start on latin rock. I youl`d care, seek about the artist.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mi Sangre CD by Juanes, 3 April 2009
Gerald McGrath (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mi Sangre (Audio CD)
A wonderful melodious CD full of Latin passion. Great lyrics too. The only drawback is the rap track which doesn't fit in with the rest of the tunes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Stunning!!, 9 Dec 2008
This review is from: Mi Sangre [Us Import] (Audio CD)
Juanes' music is cheeky, thought provoking and nostalgic of his home country (Columbia). I was introduced to his music after my brother visited Columbia and was instantly taken with the sexy swing of his music. Like others I started to track down his other albums, but this one remains my favourite. La Camisa Negre (My Black Shirt) - is a new twist to the typical love story (Juanes sings of wearing his black shirt because he has lost his love). A Dios La Pido (I ask of the Gods) speaks of Juanes' concerns regarding war and his country. This man has created profound and original music - and I hope he'll finally get the recognition he deserves in the UK one day.

Buy this album! You will not regret it!

Mi Sangre [Us Import]
Mi Sangre [Us Import] by Juanes (Audio CD - 2005)