5.0 out of 5 stars Best. video in the Spot series I've seen so far, 3 Aug 2005
RAMChYLD "geekboy" (Klang, Selangor, Malaysia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spot's Magical Christmas And Other Adventures [DVD] (DVD)
As a Spot sound book collector and one that's on the quest to watch all the Spot episodes and specials, I'd say this is by far the best of the bunch I've seen so far. And I've almost seen them all, including the "It's Fun to Learn with Spot" series. The only one episode I haven't seen, at least not completely, is the "Spot and His Grandparents Go To the Carnival" special, which I caught only a split-second of on TV in Singapore little more than 5 years ago and got me started on this journey.
In any case, in this special, Spot meets with some reindeers who work for Santa and somehow lost the sleigh while testing it. The reindeers do the tango, Spot goes gather up his friends and go find the sleigh. Then Spot is whisked off to the North Pole, visits Santa's workshop, and then back home again.
The dialog is the most witty I've seen in the Spot series so far, and the lips of the characters actually move to reflect the speech - something that was not done before (due to the fact that in the series, the entire story is basically just narrated and voiced by one person).
All in all, it's a nice special. My copy of "Spot and His Grandparents go to the Carnival" should be in my mail anytime soon, so we can see how this one holds out to it then. Until then, I consider this one of best, if not the best, of the bunch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, festive film, 18 Feb 2014
This review is from: Spot's Magical Christmas And Other Adventures [DVD] (DVD)
absolutely adore this film, good price and great to watch as a Christmas tradition with the family! must watch to get in the Christmas spirit!

5.0 out of 5 stars kids film, 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Spot's Magical Christmas And Other Adventures [DVD] (DVD)
christmas is not christmas without spots magical christmas it was great to be able to replace my video with the dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars A truly magical DVD, 18 Jan 2013
This review is from: Spot's Magical Christmas And Other Adventures [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this DVD in the run up to Christmas along with a few other Christmas themed DVDs and books. I wanted to help my 18 month daughter get into the spirit of Christmas as I thought it must be baffling to young toddlers. I was never a big fan of Spot and my daughter had never seen a Spot book or cartoon but I got this anyway due to the reviews. Spot's Magical Christmas did indeed help my daughter to become more familiar with common themes and traditions, but it turned out to be much more than that. From the first viewing she was enthralled by the story. We particularly enjoyed the big sing and dance number by Santa's reindeer...

My daughter enjoys children's TV but she tends to switch off after a while, preferring to draw or play with her toys, but Spot held her attention in a way that nothing else had before. Each night she would ask for Spot to be played before bedtime and we would dance a little Tango along with the reindeer. I enjoyed watching it with her as it's a nice little story.

As well as 'Spot's Magical Christmas' there are a few more Spot stories on the DVD which I personally didn't enjoy as much. They look older and have lower production values and weird voices. However, my daughter enjoyed these other stories just as much and they would keep her occupied whilst I got on with wrapping presents and such. Spot has really made our Christmas and bedtimes magical.

In-between each story is a short segment with real life children on a set made up to look like a page from a Spot story book. The children have little tasks and puzzles to do such as finding tools or figuring out which clothes are needed to play outside. At first I thought these segments looked like boring filler but my daughter enjoyed these too. It is educational and helps build her vocabulary in a fun way.

There are also separate DVD extras which involve using the remote control to play games (like finding Spot). We only looked at this once as my daughter is a bit young to appreciate it but she liked watching me play it so I'm sure next Christmas she'll be ready for it.

I really recommend this DVD. The only problem I am having is deciding when I should halt our nightly viewings; Christmas was over weeks ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas film, 23 Nov 2012
Gracie "GW" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
I totally love this DVD although made long ago it never ages its so much fun. I love watching with the kids who all love Spot. I think i love it as much as the kids do. lol

4.0 out of 5 stars helpful hint, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Spot's Magical Christmas And Other Adventures [DVD] (DVD)
hello buyers,just a careful word of warning,this is 1 dvd in 1 case,amazon has it listed as a 3 dvd boxset which is not correct,the dvd itself is the best spot dvd i have seen yet and my children can't watch it enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars An ideal present for a toddler., 30 Dec 2010
This review is from: Spot's Magical Christmas And Other Adventures [DVD] (DVD)
I received this sealed DVD by the date promised. My nephew loves the 'spot' books, and so this dvd was ideal. He loves it! Well worth the money as it has kept him occupied for hours. Thanks!

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful christmas entertainment!, 11 Dec 2009
J. Mason (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spot's Magical Christmas And Other Adventures [DVD] (DVD)
Our teenage son used to love this when he was tiny - Spot's Magical Christmas video came out every year and was really part of our family christmas tradition. So glad to find it on DVD! The reindeer tango is an absolute highlight and the whole story really is magical!

4.0 out of 5 stars Our 2-year-old loves it, 29 Dec 2005
ECP (Great Chesterford, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spot's Magical Christmas And Other Adventures [DVD] (DVD)
Surprisingly adult-watchable by the standards of most toddler-TV, the acid test is of course what our not-quite-2-year-old made of it. Well, normally unable to keep still for even 2 seconds, said toddler sits motionless and transfixed in fascination, merely uttering the word "ray-ear" whenever the reindeer appear. I rest my case.
If I was to have any quibbles at all, the live-action bits between the short episodes following the "main feature" seem a bit contrivied, the extra episodes may be familiar from other tapes/DVDs, albeit with more up-to-date narration, and (as always with toddler DVDs), you never get that many minutes of material for your money, but these are trifles. All in all, money well spent.

Spot's Magical Christmas And Other Adventures [DVD]