5.0 out of 5 stars The Corona Inverter heater is the altimate economy heater
I live in an old mobile home, and in the winter of '04 was totally fed up with huddling around our 3 ceramic paneled gas fire trying ,unsuccessfully, to keep warm and using about £30 of bottled gas every week.
Published on 26 Jan 2006

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy with caution!
Published on 8 May 2009 by Mr. A. B. Hudson

5.0 out of 5 stars The Corona Inverter heater is the altimate economy heater, 26 Jan 2006
By A Customer
This review is from: Corona Inverter Portable Heater 3kW (Kitchen & Home)
So when I saw the Inverter in my local DIY store I decided, after much deliberation, to give it a go. This was probably the best move I had made this century.
From the first press of the on button you have an expectant 15-60 second wait while the fire pre-heats then the ignitor crackles into action and your away. Imediatly the heat bellows out.
After the initial 20 minutes of full power, to fully heat the combustion area the fire settles into the temperature you have set, 12-30 C, and sit at that temperature unless , as it is in my case, the fire on it's minimum setting of 800 watts, keeps the heated area warmer than the set temperature, lovely.
All this at a fraction of the cost of the gas I was using before, and much more safely with all the incredible safety features.

5.0 out of 5 stars corona inverter heater, 31 Jan 2010
K. Roberts (Kent uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corona Inverter Portable Heater 3kW (Kitchen & Home)
I bought my heater the beginning of January ,I am absolutely delighted with it,it is easy to operate,it heats all downstairs rooms very quickly and maintains that heat.The only smell is when it fires up or on shut down.It has an eco button so will turn off when reaches the required temperature,I would recommend.Only disadvantage is in power cuts it doesnt work as it needs power.

3.0 out of 5 stars Buy with caution!, 8 May 2009
Mr. A. B. Hudson (Nottinghamshire England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corona Inverter Portable Heater 3kW (Kitchen & Home)
Our house has a mix of electric storage and convector heaters, which adds up to a HUGE electric bill in the Winter. I am constantly on the lookout for a cheaper home heating solution, and was therefore intrigued when an internet search came across the Inverter 5006. I read the the review on this site, and decided to buy two (not from Amazon, I hasten to add) Initial impressions were pretty good - the heater puts out a fantastic amount of heat and warms the chilliest of rooms to a comfortable temperature in a matter of minutes. The recommended "odourless" Tozane fuel is pretty much impossible to get hold of unless you order it over the internet, which costs around 35 per 20 litre barrel including delivery. I tried to source some locally without success. During the coldest part of the winter, I could easily get through a barrel of Tozane per week to heat one room, so as you can see it is not a particularly cost effective form of heating! Claims that Tozane is "odourless" are pure fiction - there is still a smell of paraffin that purvades the room - not a problem if you don't mind the smell! It should also be noted that the heater is not just "switch on and go" as advertised - you need to clean the air filters weekly and the fuel filter every couple of fills. Our heaters have now been in service for around 4 months and problems have developed on both. They have both become increasingly difficult to light, throwing up all sorts of error codes, despite the fact that I have been rigorous in cleaning the filters, and have followed the instruction manual to the letter. I ended up returning one of them to the supplier for replacement, and this replacement is now starting to follow the same pattern - several attempts to ignite and several error messages before the heater gets going, after which it runs absolutely fine until it is turned off. The next time the heater is switched on, the whole sorry process begins again. This pretty much renders the timer function on the heater useless. I have tried using other types of paraffin in case the Tozane itself was to blame, but there is no noticable difference (incidently the smell is only very slightly stronger from regular paraffin, and it can be obtained far more cheaply than the Tozane - but make sure you only use quality pre-packed paraffin)To conclude, I would recommend one of these heaters for occasional use, such as in a holiday home or similar, but daily use is not advisable due to reliability issues and fuel costs. I think I'll be opening up my fireplaces before next Winter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap Heat, 9 Jun 2009
J. Tapsfield (essex england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corona Inverter Portable Heater 3kW (Kitchen & Home)
I purchased the heater for a new Mobile Home which does not have central heating.I am very pleased with the result. Once the burner has ignited the heat starts to be distributed and the whole caravan is warmed up in no time.It has been used for 4 hours a night for 4 nights and has not used half of the tank of fuel yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars good heater, quite expesive., 25 Oct 2011
This review is from: Corona Inverter Portable Heater 3kW (Kitchen & Home)
Good heaters, better than calor gas yet similar. Has digital temperature control. Not really suitable in a small room like a bathroom as it doesnt like humidity and needs ventilation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Corona Inverter Portable Heater in use., 2 Jan 2010
I. Drury "Ian D." (Cumbria. United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corona Inverter Portable Heater 3kW (Kitchen & Home)
I have had this heater for a little over four weeks and it has worked perfectly throughout this time, especially during the very cold weather we have had recently. The operation of the heater is simple and has some very good safety features, which I just had to try out to see how well they worked, spot on!!!
The recommended fuel TOZANE could work out a little expensive if using the heater for prolonged periods, but I am sure the recommendations are well intended, I have been using a good grade of paraffin and the only time I have been able to detect a slight paraffin smell is at start-up and shut-down, but this also is reported to happen with Tozane.
Overall I am very happy with this heater and would recommend it, the fuel is burnt efficiently and NO wicks to trim and maintain. A well made heater and an alternative to the range of mobile gas heaters and just as safe!!! and the best bit there are no surprise fuel bills, as you pay for the fuel as you use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep Warm, 9 Nov 2011
This review is from: Corona Inverter Portable Heater 3kW (Kitchen & Home)
After last years cold spell we found that our heating bill escalated by about 45% of its usual cost. So this year we decided to look for an alternative heating solution for daytime use, so we have recently purchased a corona Inverter portable heater 3kw for use in our home and have found it a tremendous success. We now use our corona heater during the daytime and we only use our oil central heating in the evenings. Usually by November, I would normally have increased the time in which the oil central heating was running, which could be up to 3 to 4 hours an evening, but now I can have my corona heater running and I just have the oil central heating running for bedrooms for awhile before bedtime. We have found the corona heater extremely economic to run compared to keeping the oil running. The heater is situated in our kitchen/dining room which is 25ft x 12ft and after about 10 minutes running I will open doors into the utility room, the sitting room and the hallway and I have an even heat throughout these areas. I would highly recommend this source of heat. When I first viewed this heater I was worried about fumes but I can assure you there is only a small fume from the heater when it ignites and rapidly disappears after ignition. This heater is really easy and safe to use. We are really glad to have bought this product and would recommend it to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic heater highly recommended., 11 Oct 2013
A. Drysder "I love the east" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Corona Inverter Portable Heater 3kW (Kitchen & Home)
We now have three of these heaters they have proved to be very economical with fuel, we keep them set at 20 degrees and this works really well. We live in the north of Scotland so experience really extreme weather conditions, so far the heaters have kept us comfortably warm, we have now switched off the central heating system as the heaters coupled with two wood-burning stoves are adequate to heat our entire large granite house. Buy with confidence you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Corona Inverter Portable Heater 3kW (Kitchen & Home)
Despite one bad review on here which concerned me, I took the plunge and bought one for my ceramics studio. I thought it was going to be tricky to work but even I can manage it. Simply fill the tank with paraffin (I bought 4 litres which almost filled tank) Plug it in and press start. Use economy or set the temperature digitally. An initial smell concerned me, I wandered in and out thinking, um theres a funny smell but on the second day this seemed to have vanished. My class came into the studio and said how cosy it was, none of them noticed any smell. The best thing I've bought, I am thrilled that in ten minutes my space is warm. Not sure how long the 10 worth of fuel will last as the man from the hardware store recons paraffins an expensive fuel.

5.0 out of 5 stars delivery, 18 July 2011
This review is from: Corona Inverter Portable Heater 3kW (Kitchen & Home)
great heater for my conservitory in the winter. it saves on electric and warms any room up quickly and cheaply. my friend has one and her rooms are always warm and cosy. easy to get the refils. and it was next day delivery. great always wanted something yesterday. haha. now i got it.

ARRAY(0xf82b9e4)