Format: Audio CD|Change

on 26 December 2008
About ten years ago I bought her big hit album "Come On Over". I listened to it once and thought it was horrible. Twee and boring. I sold it to a second hand shop and never regretted it for an instant.

I got this Greatest Hits out the library with no real intention of listening to it. I did and I liked it. I know I shouldn't like it, but it overcame my natural resistance to cheesy country-pop amazingly quickly. It's just really, really good, strong, well written and produced pop music. So I've ordered my own copy.

She has only recorded three albums so it covers each album extensively. It features a ludicrous sounding eight tracks from "Come On Over". Which if you don't already have it can only be a good thing. It also has four songs from "Up!", six from "The Woman In Me" and three new songs. Which I'm pretty certain renders her albums completely redundant as it's surely only filler and a few minor gems left on the albums.

I recommend it. You might be surprised.

Her husband "Mutt" Lange (he produced AC/DC's and Def Lepard's biggest albums) co-wrote and produced all these songs. Now that they have divorced it will be surprising if she will ever recordings anything as good as this ever again as he was clearly of equal importance creatively.
VINE VOICEon 12 November 2004
This is an album I didn't really need, but just had to have. A sneaky raid of my husband's private collection would have netted me all Shania's albums, but now I guess he can remove the alarm systems in the "T" section.
This album has every single hit song from the other albums, plus three new songs that are equally good. The two versions of "Party for Two" (one pop with Mark McGrath, one country with Billy Currington) are like two different songs, both good.
Whether you like her pop or country, Shania Twain's Greatest Hits is the best country-crossover compilation you're gonna get - and I'm gonna get it - good!
Amanda Richards
on 2 May 2012
The "Shania Twain Greatest Hits" cd contains some quality country songs that are quirky and center on the complicated theme of love. The following are some of the catchy tracks on this 21 song cd set:
"Forever And For Always"
"Come On Over"
"Man I Feel Like A Woman"
"From This Moment On"
"You're Still The One"
The "Shania Twain Greatest Hits" cd is best for those who enjoy at least two songs by Shania Twain and/or upbeat country music.
on 18 November 2004
Great album, but missing some great Twain songs.
on 3 November 2009
Still one of, if not the best Shania Twain albums. A combination of slow meaningful ballads and upbeat foot tapping songs. A real essential album for all Shania's fans, but also if your new to her music, then buy this album and you will not be dissapointed.
on 21 November 2004
Shania Twain is without a doubt my favourite artist out there, from track one to track twenty-one on this album, there all great hits! If you liked any of her hits, this album is a must, not only for fanatics, but just for about anyone really! It's a great collection of hits, but this album should really have all of Shanias songs from her debut album to her last studio album...because in my opinion there all hits! But for someone who is on the verge of getting into her, then this CD is a must, you can always buy her studio albums at a later date!
If you like the best-love songs written (Your Still The One, Forever and For Always, From This Moment On), or you like those light-hearted relationship songs (Dont Be Stupid (You Know I Love You), Any Man Of Mine, That Don't Impress Me Much,Love Gets Me Everytime, I'm Gonna Getcha Good) or those let your hair down songs (UP!, Man! I Feel Like A Woman, Party For Two)
Words really can't justify how good this CD actually is, its more than amazing, its more than fantastic...I really can't put my finger on it! Shes worked so hard, and is such a down-to-earth lovely woman, who has all her principles right, You've just gotta buy this CD! Its a perfect birthday present, or christmas gift!
The CD also includes three new tracks, Party For Two, Don't! - a great ballad, and I Ain't No Quitter!, a fantasic slice of country, but is so universal, everyone can enjoy it!
Buy It now...you won't regret it!
on 8 April 2012
It's good to hear that she's not lost her fantastic talent over the years. The variety of songs on this CD is great and for many of them you just have to turn the volume up LOUD!
on 6 October 2011
I've always liked Shania Twain's music, and this album is the best so far, although it is a 'Greatest hits' album. If I had a chance I would like to hear her sing live on stage.
on 5 April 2011
Arrived in great time and what's more we had tracks played at our wedding.Added to the event, A Great day all round. I would recommend this album and the retailer to anyone
on 26 April 2011
As this was a greatest hits album, it's exactly what it says on the tin! Good old Shania; I liked her ten years ago, and now my teenaged daughter has discovered her.