5.0 out of 5 stars A showcase for Clare's talents
Clare teal has been described as a modern-day Ella Fitzgerald and judging by her first Album from Sony this description is not far from the truth.
Don't talk features some of Clare's own songs intermixed with some old standards and some more modern works from other composers. It has an excellent 'big band' version of Clare's Messin With Fire (a track that appeared...
Published on 18 Oct. 2004 by Kenny

3.0 out of 5 stars Some nice tracks but disappointed
Published 14 months ago by Tallmiss

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it - infact I love all Clare's CDs., 26 May 2013
This review is from: Don't Talk (Audio CD)
I just loved it. I've got most of Clare's CDs and love them all. I hear she's now just produced a new one, so I need to get onto either her or your site and get it ordered!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Some nice tracks but disappointed, 26 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Don't Talk (Audio CD)
I am a massive fan of Clare Teal, as I have other CD's but felt this was a disappointment. She sings so lovely in the lower ranges, in the songs Messin with Fire, When in Rome, In a Mellow Tone and So in Love. However she has switched to going up the vocal range and doing numbers that are Bluesy higher pitched vocal ballads. Sadly losing the quality in her voice that is her trademark. This CD was not for me, there was just too much of this style on the CD to be enjoyable, and felt it started to sound like a karaoke, rather than the supreme quality of Clare Teal we usually receive.

4.0 out of 5 stars Different to her other albums, 4 May 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Don't Talk (Audio CD)
Having bought Orsino's Songs, The Road less travelled and Don't Talk (all of which I absolutely love) I bought this album as soon as it came out, assuming it would be similar and as good. I have to say, it was a disappointment at first. It is not that it is not good, but it is different. So be prepared, if, like me, you loved the other three at first hearing, like me, you may need to work a little harder with this one. Worth the effort though!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great CD, 25 May 2013
This review is from: Don't Talk (Audio CD)
This is a lovely CD and relaxing to listen to, I would rate her 6Star but then I am a fan of hers, what I like about the music is its a combination of Swing and Jazz go out and buy all her CDs all are excellent,Clare keep making new ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Tell every one, 14 April 2013
This review is from: Don't Talk (Audio CD)
I have played Clare Teal's cd once, and will be playing it many times. A lovely voice, and a very good singer. I shall be buying more of her cd's. I hope one day to see her in concert.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Top Quality Album, 20 Oct. 2004
John Owen (Tavistock, Devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Don't Talk (Audio CD)
This album needs no more long reviews, it's terrific! if you like Norah Jones, Katie Melua, Joss Stone or Joni Mitchell - you'll have nothing to dislike here. Lovely record.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clare Teal is fab!, 20 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Don't Talk (Audio CD)
Great CD. I love it. Very easy listening - Clare Teal has such a rich voice - a delight to the ears!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Sept. 2014
Played it several times

Don't Talk
Don't Talk by Clare Teal (Audio CD - 2004)