5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it instantly
Hopefully this isn't a biased review for I listen to almost everything, pop, rock, r'n'b, country and classcial, you name it.
About a year ago I heard a couple of the Used's songs and thought nothing of it, I didn't like it. It wasn't until I heard the single 'All that I've Got' that I decided to give them another go and I don't regret it either. It's not often that...
Published on 4 May 2005

2.0 out of 5 stars .... I just don't get it....
So this is the album that all fans of "The Used" are gonna love huh? This is the album that shot them to mega-stardom, this is the album that blew away the sales & reputation of the first album...
Why exactly?
Published on 29 July 2005 by K. A. Graham

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars this album is ledge, 8 Jun 2005
This review is from: In Love And Death (Pa Version) (Audio CD)
Strongly advise people to buy this album. 'All that ive got' is easily the best song on there although id say the others are mostly 10 out of 10 too. theres not one song that you skip because its not as good as the others. quality album!

5.0 out of 5 stars take it all away, 9 May 2005
This review is from: In Love And Death (Pa Version) (Audio CD)
I've never heard of used till i watched their video for the song take it all away and I loved it. The video was really good and the song amazing. Lyrics guitar everything. I brought their album a couple of weeks ago and have not stop listening to it since. Its one of those addictive albums like the killers album where u don't stop listening to it for days on end. I've even MD the album now so I can listen to it on my way to work. The whole album is good not just one song. So I can't really pick out any favourite songs but I do love cutting up angles, lunancy fringe, take it all away. I recommend this album to anyone even if your not the type of person to listen to music this heavy, you will get converted.
their just as good as My chemical Romance and should do very well with the release of their lastest album.
Buy it before its too late.

5.0 out of 5 stars Woah., 10 Aug 2006
murdoch "=]" (united kindgdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Love And Death (Pa Version) (Audio CD)
I've had this album for a few years now and i still haven't got bored of it.

This is the second album from The Used and after buying MCR's "Three cheers for..." and realising they'd turned into a pop band i had my doubts about this album as they're pretty close in genre.

But i wasn't disappointed The Used have made yet another awesome album.

It is not emo nor screamo so don't listen to those kiddies that say it is, more rock/post hXc.

Best thing is Bert's lyrics aren't whingy and you can tell that they weren't written by a 16 year old boy.

Which is more that can be said for alot bands these days.

Eg. Simple plan/ My chemical romance / Hawthorne heights.

You get the picture.

There are quite a few standout tracks on the album.

Personal faves are:

Take it away

I caught fire (In your eyes)

All that i've got

Listening

& I'm a fake

Overall i still have alot of respect for The Used even after they went mainstream.

5.0 out of 5 stars In Love and Death, 30 Oct 2005
This review is from: In Love And Death (Pa Version) (Audio CD)
Nothing much to say really, except this album is absolutely awesome and I would recommend it to anyone. Good for emo fans and fans of my chemical romance.

2.0 out of 5 stars .... I just don't get it...., 29 July 2005
Why exactly?
Am I missing something here, or does this album just plain suck? Where's the grit & power of the first album, where's the catchy yet interesting choruses that made the first album a classic? And why does Vocalist Burt insist on almost EVERY song ending with a chorus that is sung as a higher harmony or a broken scream version of the normal choruses?
To me it just sounds like a watered down, more radio friendly version of the first album - they've gone nowhere musically, pushed back no boundaries, tried nothing new, just ended up with a weaker sound & far less impact in the songs. And where there were some great chorus hooks there's annoying vocal lines that still stick in your head, but for all the wrong reasons. I mean that tune "I'm melting in your eyes, like my first time.... etc..." has to have the most bland and unoriginal vocal melody ever.
Yet somehow they've managed to make a fortune from this album, probably due to very clever marketing I suspect. I bugs me how big bands (Deftones also spring to mind) often seem to be above criticism for bringing out sub-standard releases, and seems that people won't say 'this isn't good enough' simply because the band is 'The Used' or 'Deftones' - I guess it's money that talks nowadays, and with that sort of promotion budget it's talking pretty loudly.
Disappointed then. Fingers crossed for the next album, when I go see them I'll be hoping for the majority of the set to be made uop with tunes from their debut..

4.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 27 Sep 2004
By A Customer
what a great album! :)
there are about 3-4 amazing songs on it... one of them being 'i'm a fake' and then theres about 3-4 softer ones... which are pretty amazing too! the others are good too! but 'i'm a fake' has to be one amazing song!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars This is simply awful pop, 9 Feb 2006
Mike Reed (Bromley, Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Love And Death (Pa Version) (Audio CD)
I didn't know too much about The Used, but because of comparisons with My Chemical Romance, I bought this album without listening to the audio samples. What a mistake!
This is pure pop. Very derived pop at that. It is over-produced, slick to the point of swimming in grease and uninspired. I'd say a good half of the tracks sound hauntingly like BoyZone.
I have no axe to grind with The Used, but to compare them with My Chemical Romance is an appalling insult to the latter. If you like boy bands, buy it. Otherwise don't even consider it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Absurd., 22 Mar 2006
This review is from: In Love And Death (Pa Version) (Audio CD)
Heartfelt? Very meaningful? What is that being based on? The lyrics that repeat twelve times every song, the rubbish drum fills, the 'intelligent' lyrics that prove they're out of their depth? Sure, the vocalist 'sounds' like he means the lyrics, but that's because he's such a terrible singer that he sounds like he's in pain. At least Chris Martin of Coldplay doesn't pretend the lyrics mean anything to him - rather, he wants other people to cheer up. The same can't be said for The Used. They just think they're stars, but actually this album is sewage.

This is not a one star album on its own. It's a two star or possibly a three star if you enjoy it to its full extent. But compared to the far superior self titled debut album, it's worthless. Simple as that.

1.0 out of 5 stars im a fake, 4 April 2005
This review is from: In Love And Death (Pa Version) (Audio CD)
I have only recently brought this album (based on all that i've got) the whole album is good and different from the usual stuff i go for such as damien rice, razorlight,snow patrol but i was suprised to like sumthin so heavy (for me).Sumtimes during the album though i thought the lead singer (not knowing his name) swore just to make him self sound cooler which was very pathetic i though espically in the opening monalouge for im a fake (even though it had a load of passion in it) was full of f words that were completly unescercary. This album rocks and is perfect for any angry teens to let steam out on. I defently recomend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

In Love And Death (Pa Version)
In Love And Death (Pa Version) by The Used (Audio CD - 2004)