5.0 out of 5 stars Fun with Sewing
My 4 y.o. grandaughter enjoyed making the various items in the sewing kit. She did have quite a bit of help from her granny but the pair of them really enjoyed the creative process and were very pleased with the items they produced.
Published on 13 Dec 2010 by Rob

3.0 out of 5 stars great fun
I bought this toy for my 7 year old.She loved it a lot.the patterns are easy to hold and very attractive to look at.
Published on 12 April 2011 by anvita

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun with Sewing, 13 Dec 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent start to sewing, 26 Jan 2009
R. Wheeler (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt First Sewing (Toy)
I got this for my daughter aged 6 and she's really enjoyed it. The four projects are easy to follow with a bit of help and she's used the pencil case and notebook holder a lot. Each project doesn't take too long and all are useable. The only word of caution is to be careful with the popper closing - if pulled too hard the foam could rip

5.0 out of 5 stars sewing kit, 18 Feb 2011
This review is from: Galt First Sewing (Toy)
I brought this for my eight year old daughter she loved it, she found it easy to sew, it was safe with plastic needles, and kept her busy

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple enough for little ones to try too!, 18 Oct 2011
H. Hickman (Reading, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt First Sewing (Toy)
My daughter was given this kit for her 3rd birthday and we've just made the first (and simplest) item in the kit - a notepad holder. She really enjoyed it and though I needed to tie the knots for her and give plenty of direction, she was able to do a lot of it herself. I'm very pleased with the kit and my daughter is keen to move onto make the next item (a pencil case) later today. So although it's aimed at 5 years+, younger children can use it too and I'd imagine that an older child could make the items with minimal guidance.

In terms of how the kit is put together, the parts of the kit for each individual item (there are 5 things to make - notepad holder, pencil case, picture frame, butterfly bag, neck purse) are bagged seperately, with a couple of needles in each set so you don't need to worry if you lose any along the way. All the foam pieces are pre-cut and the instructions are pictures rather than text.

I'll be buying this as a gift for other children in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars first sewing, 28 May 2011
This review is from: Galt First Sewing (Toy)
I enjoy introducing my Grandaughter to the world of crafts. This kit is first class. It has small easy to complete tasks with all the items needed to finish the items off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good present, 31 July 2010
M. McMillan (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Galt First Sewing (Toy)
I purchased this as a present and have since bought 2 more. Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant rainy day fun !, 10 May 2010
This review is from: Galt First Sewing (Toy)
Perfect as a birthday present or rainy day idea. For the price it kept my daughters busy and they are really proud of what they have made.

4.0 out of 5 stars A simple first sewing kit, 4 Jan 2010
JoMaynard (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Galt First Sewing (Toy)
I bought this for my daughter for Christmas, she has a couple of the items made now. I'm not totally sure how much she has made herself, as her father, big brother, big sister and Mum have all done some. However she does like it, they are simple and do seem to stay together. I was concerned before that maybe they would break once sewn with so few stitches, but they do seem to hold. She also like it, it isn't one of the endless unused kits that we seem to have.
I would recommend it for beginning sewers, although they will need some help.

4.0 out of 5 stars Verdict on first sewing, 6 May 2010
This review is from: Galt First Sewing (Toy)
My niece has made some great items with trhis sewing kit. Excellent she has lots of fun with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely Sewing Kit, 4 Mar 2011
This review is from: Galt First Sewing (Toy)
This sewing kit is fabulous. Being a seamstress myself, it was lovely to sit with my 5 year old daughter and teach her the basics of sewing. She loved doing it herself and she loved the end results and displayed them for everyone to see!

Galt First Sewing