5.0 out of 5 stars Kickass new band!
I bought this album after hearing Mark Tremonti (Alter Bridge) had co-produced it. I was interested in what the recording would sound like. When i put the CD on i was blow away. Submersed are a great new rock band that i hope will break throught to England.
Published on 26 Jan 2005 by ekanni

3.0 out of 5 stars Enough good material for an EP, maybe...
Published on 24 Jan 2006 by Chris Dando

5.0 out of 5 stars Kickass new band!, 26 Jan 2005
This review is from: In Due Time (Audio CD)
The first track ( 'Hollow' also their firt single) is great rock track, soaring vocals and bone crushing guitars make this a great album opener. The 2nd track has an amazing main riff and a mindblowing chorus. This album does not fail to deliver. From track 1 'til the end of the album i was amazed with this debut album. BUY IT!

4.0 out of 5 stars 2004...the year rock comes back!!, 27 Dec 2004
David M Davies (Horncastle, Lincs United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Due Time (Audio CD)
The opening track 'hollow' starts things off with a firm kick to the family jewels and just when your recovering 'to peace' comes back to make sure you don't get up in a hurry. Submersed are a band who sound much more mature than their years, all in their early 20's or late teens they have a sound as big as a big thing on a bigger day. You may have heard of them from the 'punnisher soundtrack' having contributed a song for that. Stand out track has to be the 'you run' with some of the best guitar work I have had the pleasure to listen to in a long while, never over powering but always there in the back ground. If these don't make it then I don't know what it takes. America has churned out some right crap in recent years however it is making amends latley and you can add Submersed to that tower of talent breaking through. If you like your rock with great soaring vocals kick ass guitar with thundering bass and drums then this is the one for you. All we need now is for them to tour the U.K having seen them support Alterbridge in the states I can honestly say that they sure can cut it live......BUY THIS NOW!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning new talent!!!, 22 April 2006
Mr. K. Miners - See all my reviews
This review is from: In Due Time (Audio CD)
As a debut album this is simply stunning! There are many bands around but few have this kind of talent. The vocals are superb and tunes really hit the spot. I have to disagree with some of the other reviews below. This band stands out from the crowd. It oozes quality with none of that mass produced sound that we hear so often these days. If your a fan of good rock music with that moody edge then I recommend this all the way!!! Role on album two!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Enough good material for an EP, maybe..., 24 Jan 2006
This review is from: In Due Time (Audio CD)
These guys definately have potential... they are very very talented. The vocals are some of the best I have ever heard... he truly has a stunning vocal range and is up there with the vocalists from Shinedown, Audioslave, Atomship and the like... The problem with potential is that it has to be lived up to. This is where Submersed fall. The opening track is simply exquisite. It is amazing in every sense of the word! The guitars are tremendous and the constant switch in vocal techniquies is awe-inspiring. The next two tracks are not quite of the same standard but still pack a good punch and are enough to keep you listening. The title track is particularly good with the strange time-signature changes. Then.. suddenly what happens? We are bombarded with mediocre material. Boring and tedious tracks that have the same potential as the first tracks but don't have the same edge. This carries on until about track 8 with 'You Run' which is of the same calibre of the first tracks. This good streak carries on for about two tracks... and then we reach the piano song.... oh christ almighty! It features two piano chords at the beginning... and then carries on to the most boring rock ballad i have ever heard! The album doesn't end well at all with unconcerned and it's as boring as the piano song... so there we have it... one amazing track and four good tracks... just about enough for a decent EP. The rest of the album is merely filler. You could do with hearing those 5 tracks for their sheer excellence, but you will be seriously disappointed with the other material!

5.0 out of 5 stars Immersed in submersed, 18 Sep 2006
This review is from: In Due Time (Audio CD)
What can I say but to tell you that if you love bands like Creed you will really love this album. ALL KILLERS NO FILLERS. From the moment I played this CD it has followed me round for the last four days. From my lounge to my bedroom to my car !! Cant stop listening ! Great CD from a band who are unknown in the UK. When will we learn about real talent like this enough to sell them in the UK !

5.0 out of 5 stars Just....WOW!!, 13 Oct 2007
This review is from: In Due Time (Audio CD)
I 1st heard these boys when I was looking on Wind-Up Records web site for something else, can't even remember what it was. But as they had samples, I gave it a listen, & thought it sounded pretty fine, in the context of the poorly sampled MP3's.

This was pre-release, & it seemed like forever waiting for the album to be released. As soon as it was, I put an order in with Amazon.

When it arrived, I stuck it in the stereo & pressed play.

Opener Hollow starts all moody with echoey bass & guitar whistles in the background, but doesn't take long to get going. Awesome start, what a sound these guys had made.

To peace slows down a little, but In Due Time picks things up again, & sometimes it's nice to have a breather, you appreciate the pacier songs more.

It wasn't until Dripping that I realised I hadn't heard a guitar solo yet. Here we go, I thought, another post-Nu-Metal band with no solo's. Aren't there any guitar hero's any more? Still, Donald Carpenter picked that track to really show what he could do with his voice, & it's phenominal. The only other vocalist I can think of with this scope to what his voice can do is Chester Bennington from Linkin Park.

Needn't have worried though, as the boys, after a delayed start, do hint at things to come on the next track, Flicker.

Then on Parrallelism, BAM!! right between the ears!!

After that, they do some more, never disappointing.

I was laying on the sofa, and all I could think was "WOW!!"

I pressed play again, and in the end, listened to it 6 times back to back, each time ending with the same expression. Wholly inadequate, but to the point.

I had to stop playing it in the end & get some sleep, as I'd gone into some ungodly hour of the next morning listening to it.

Sonically, they're doing that very hard but melodic kind of thing so well done by Creed/Alter Bridge/Scott Stapp, and a number of other's, but don't for a moment think they are derivative, I never once found myself thinking "this sounds like...". These boys definitely have their own sound. They know when to go quiet, sort of calm-before-the-storm style, so they give themselves somewhere to go. After all, you go everywhere at 90 miles an hour, what you gonna do for your next thrill?

I've listened to a lot of rock over the years, my 1st love being AC\DC's Back in Black, and since then I've seen bands, some with a lot of promise, come and go. But I still think this is the best new band I've heard in a lot of years, and 3 years after it's release, I still think it's one of the best debut's I've ever had the privelage of listening to.

Can't wait to get the new one. I found out about that pre-release too, so the same sense of anticipation is there again. & from what I've heard of the samples on their web site, it won't disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars good suprise, 1 Nov 2006
This review is from: In Due Time (Audio CD)
bought this album on amazon which was recommended to me by amazon after looking at other artists - after seeing the other reviews and that it was co produced by Mark Tremonti of Creed/Alterbridge (of whom I am a big fan), I took a chance and bought it.

what a suprise - better than I expected, agree the music/lyrics and vocals sound mature for this bands age - I personally found all 11 tracks very strong. The guitars are great and vocals are fantastic.

Again, I agree that if you like bands such as creed, alterbridge and logan etc (who's albums I fully recommend), you'll like submersed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as I expected, 22 Jan 2005
Nathan (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: In Due Time (Audio CD)
I had heard the track "Hollow" before and thought it was really good so I took a gamble and bought this album. Unfortunately I feel I have wasted my money. Hollow is a brilliant track but there is nothing else on here that stands out.
Not sure if they need to get settled before they make more of a mark but I expected similar sounds to Alter Bridge and was let down.
If you are bored and have some spare cash then buy this but I wouldn't really worry too much, you aren't missing anything.

In Due Time
In Due Time by Submersed (Audio CD - 2004)