5.0 out of 5 stars Blues/Soul sung with true grit, 15 Nov 2007
A 70's Old Fart "gogsie7354" (Dunfermline, Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Joe Cocker: The Best Of Joe Cocker - Live [DVD] [2004] (DVD)
This is the gravel voiced singer at his best, but isn't he always? Give the man any song and he makes it his own. A previous reviewer said this isn't a best of, well I suppose that comes down to individual opinions, I personally think every song is brilliant. As a bonus there are 8 songs from another concert, so it's good value. I'd like to see Joe sing BIRD ON A WIRE, my alltime favourite Joe Cocker song, it's missing from the MAD DOGS DVD although it's listed. If you want to see Joe Cocker live this is the best for performance, picture and sound quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb. Get Your socks rocked off., 25 Nov 2009
M. E. Wilson (Hull, England.) - See all my reviews
I wasn't a big Joe Cocker fan before I bought this DVD. I am now! This is a superb two part DVD with the main live concert coming from Dortmund, Germany in 19992 and lasting for about an hour and a half covering no less than 19 of his songs. Joe skilfully takes you through a variety of moods via songs in his inimitable gravelly, vocal style. Ballads such as 'Many Rivers To Cross' and 'Please No More' give way to almost heavy metal type rock songs such as 'Love Is Alive' when the whole band and backing singers cut loose on what I think is the best song on the DVD. This is followed by 'Unchain My Heart' (say no more!), 'Feels Like Forever' and the best version of 'With A Little Help From My Friends' that I have seen or heard. Joe calms us down with 'The Letter', 'Sorry Seems To Be The hardest Word' before finishing with 'You Are So Beautiful'. A truly magical performance!
I must confess I didn't take to the second set of 8 songs performed live at the Limelight Club in Cologne in 2002 straight away but now like this concert just as much as the Dortmund one. It's quite different but no less enjoyable. There is also an interview with the man himself at the end of the DVD.
Buy it you can't be disappointed. I just wish I had bought it before.
Also buy his related double CD: The Ultimate Collection 1968 - 2003.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cocker, 27 Feb 2013
Ms. H. Walsh (Ireland) - See all my reviews
It does more than it says on the tin ! Joe Cocker can really bring the music unlike so many of the kids pumping out their karaoke songs these days.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but not a "best of", 30 Sep 2006
A Very good concert from Germany, but not a "best of" as all recording from one venue.Stuff from other concerts would have been a good addition.

Joe Cocker: The Best Of Joe Cocker - Live [DVD] [2004]