5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Christmas....
Published on 21 Jan. 2006 by Franni

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun treat for the kids to watch!
As an aunt of 3 small children it is so nice to occupy them with a good, enjoyable video. Olive the other reindeer is fun, easy watching and an ideal treat for any child. Well done!
Published on 20 Nov. 2000 by katie.neal@umusic.com

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Christmas...., 21 Jan. 2006
Franni (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olive, The Other Reindeer [DVD] (DVD)
I had an American friend at college 10 years ago who raved about the book 'Olive, the other reindeer'... but it's only on becoming a grandparent that I finally got around to buying a copy, and thought, oh well, might as well get the DVD too. Of course, what I failed to notice was that the DVD was put together by the creators of The Simpsons... and it's absolutely brilliant! Needless to say, the book went off to new grand-daughter, but the DVD's staying on our shelf & I can definitely see watching it sitting with sherry & mince pie on Christmas Eve, after wrestling with the tree could easily become a tradition... If you're still making you're mind up - don't wait for Christmas - buy it now!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 5 Dec. 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Olive, The Other Reindeer [DVD] (DVD)
This movie was so good! It has a mixture of singing and talking, which is good for little ones. its about a dog whos owner says something horrid to him so he goes to the south pole to be santas reindeer.I wint tell you anymore of it, find out for yoursels. GREAT, HEART TOUCHING AND SENSITIVE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Our video copy had worn out!, 26 Dec. 2012
Jersey Customer (Jersey, Channel Islands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olive, The Other Reindeer [DVD] (DVD)
We've loved Olive for years and have had it on video for years too. However, the video has seen better days, so it was time to upgrade! We know what we're getting, but if you haven't seen Olive you should give it a go. It's quirky, and you need to watch it several times to catch all the verbal and sight gags (some of them are a little rushed/garbled at first until you tune in to them) and whilst the songs are very clever and funny, again you need to listen carefully so that you get the full impact of how the words were intended to work, and what they were trying to convey in terms of the story. In some ways it's a little dated now, and yet in others it's timeless. My children have always loved it, but there's plenty of cross-generation humour which adults will 'get' which will go over the heads of the little ones until they're old enough to 'get it' themselves! That is always a bonus - there is nothing worse than something which only panders to the child's level, but which adults are forced to sit through, and Olive is one of those which manages to give something to everyone that ill keep them interested at their respective humour levels. If you've never seen Olive, give it a try - for the price of the DVD how could you not?!

4.0 out of 5 stars Disney tenderness meets Simpsons craziness, 24 Dec. 2000
This is a wonderful Christmas special. Not easy to like, at first: the animation is unusual, sometimes almost abstract, but once you get used to it, it's fascinating. It's tender and funny, a "Grinch" for the new generations... And it's impossible not to like a cartoon with a musical number sung by a reindeer... with the voice of REM's Michael Stipe! A wonderful Matt Groening production. Disney meets the Simpsons.

3.0 out of 5 stars A fun treat for the kids to watch!, 20 Nov. 2000

5.0 out of 5 stars GO AND BUY IT..., 8 Dec. 2006
This review is from: Olive, The Other Reindeer [DVD] (DVD)
Loved it. Got it by accident a few years ago, watched it again last night for the first time in a year with the kids ( 8 5 and 3) and everyone enjoyed it. Stylish animation from Matt Groening...catchy tunes from Michael Stipe (including the lovely opening song "I love Valentine's Day and the 4th of July, I feel a little bit bad when Halloween has gone by..." it's just a great heartwarming story for all the family. And makes a change from all the other Christmas dross on TV. If you have kids, or even if you don't, go and buy it. Now....Go.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab christmas DVD, 3 Feb. 2013
F. Skears (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Olive, The Other Reindeer [DVD] (DVD)
We love Olive, such a great Christmas DVD, really funny, looks good keeps my boys interested and I love it too.
Perfect, really great fun to watch and has been enjoyed for quite a few Christmases and will be enjoyed for more to come.
Great for everyone, not just children or families, I bought this before I had children, I enjoyed it and now they are enjoying it with me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Olive the other Reindeer, 30 May 2013
This review is from: Olive, The Other Reindeer [DVD] (DVD)
I love this film. Its so funny and the animation is weirdly clever. The dodgy penguin makes me laugh too. We sit and watch it with the kids every Christmas (first saw it on the telly then had to get my own copy). Even now I've seen it countless times I notice something new every time I watch it. Great film.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great christmas film for young children., 10 Jan. 2013
Lovely film. Perhaps even enjoyed even more in our family as we have a Olive! Would definately recommend to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such the best ever Christmas film!, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Olive, The Other Reindeer [DVD] (DVD)
I've loved this ever since first saw on TV when originally released 1990s - but now I've been able share with nephews & other family members all sat together Xmas 2013. They all loved it too! Fun for small kids & plenty 'in jokes' to keep adults amused... long enough, but not too long!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Olive, The Other Reindeer [DVD]
Olive, The Other Reindeer [DVD] by Steve Moore (DVD - 2005)