5.0 out of 5 stars So.. yeah... Its amazing. True Story!!!
Published on 16 Nov 2001

2.0 out of 5 stars Sorry Eddie
Sorry Eddie, I'm afraid your DVD did nothing for me. I do think you are a great actor though. Better luck next time!
Published 18 months ago by mackmartin

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars So.. yeah... Its amazing. True Story!!!, 16 Nov 2001
By A Customer
Eddie is way ahead of others, his style is pure genius. He has a huge general knowlegde and is clever with it, thus making his sketches even better and in alot of ways informative. He does alot of thinking on his feet but still manages to link his material back to earlier parts of the show. However, the second the audience start predicting whats next he's changed the subject and left them behind, hence some of the silences in the audience. This however, is a gem to people who have the video as everytime you watch it new things will pop up that you missed first time round. First time i saw Izzard i hurt with laughter.... this is no exception!

5.0 out of 5 stars Elephants on skis, Mr Dog and lots of jam, 7 Mar 2001
Without doubt the best of Izzards 4 videos, the 1st time i saw this we had to keep pausing the video to get our breath back from laughing so much, it really is THAT funny. Endlessly quoteable and the kind of routine you can watch over and over and never tire. Mixing witty observations with excellant surrealist elements, Izzards often bumbling ,sometimes improvised style makes him utterly endearing while his material is faultless and his referencing back to previous segmants of the show are inspired. So unless your a fool with jam for brains then you really should already have this video at the top of your collection. So...yeah!

5.0 out of 5 stars Definite Genious!!, 30 Sep 2004
Rob Burrows (Devon, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eddie Izzard - Definite Article [DVD] (DVD)
This was the first offering from Eddie Izzard that I happened to watch, quite recently infact, and it has got me absolutely hooked!!!!
His intellect makes the jokes and references he uses that much more hilarious and I found myself crying more than once!
This is definitly the one to watch if you are a new Izzardite, it made me go out and buy the rest! Look out particularily for skiing elephants, thimbles and his french exchange!
A great audience also helped along the performance and overall it is one of the funniest pieces of standup I have seen!
Top marks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never put jam on a magnet...never put socks in a toaster...., 22 April 2001
By A Customer
Eddie Izzard is a total comic genius of the highest standard...this has to be the best of all his videos, although they are all pretty fantastic. Eddie Izzard's rambling style on his simple observations of everday life is what makes him one of the greats...completely original and extremely funny. Every time I watch this I find something different to laugh about, and am always in tears at at least one point...Anybody who has a decent sense of homour will LOVE this...if you don't have it...BUY IT PLEASE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Eddie at his best. The funniest stand up anywhere., 12 July 2000
By A Customer
This has to be the funniest video I have ever seen. First time I saw it, I was crying so much with laughter. Several years later, it still makes me laugh. No smutt or toilet humour, just extremely funny stories in Izzards own zanny style. The best Izzard vid you can buy! BUY IT !

5.0 out of 5 stars Will leave your sides in tatters, 11 Oct 2004
This review is from: Eddie Izzard - Definite Article [DVD] (DVD)
This is quite possibly the funniest DVD currently available on this planet. I have watched my VHS version (remember those? ah, bless) until it broke and Universal have _finally_ released the DVD. For example, Eddie's Bond impression - I defy anyone to keep a straight face through this sketch.
His unique insight into evolution (pity the salmon), his historical slant on what the Corinthians really though of St. Paul, to sensible life coaching advice with bad handshakes. Watch his portrayal of late-night petrol station murderers and then go and stand outside a Jet station at 3am on Saturday morning. You'll be sniggering all the way to A&E.
Eddie is a true comic genius and the world is a better place with his type of humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic!!, 10 Aug 2007
Ms. G. Roberts "geebs17" (Glasgow, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Eddie Izzard - Definite Article [DVD] (DVD)
This was the first Eddie Izzard show i saw. I was reluctant at first to watch, as I have not previously been very interested in stand-up comedy, but within seconds I was hooked!! I am now a huge Eddie fan and think all his work is brilliant, but this remains up there with the favourites. His topics of discussion are widely varied and all hilarious, and I found the sketch about his school orchestra particularly funny, although many parts of the show had me in stitches. Definite Article is one off Eddie's finest works, topped only, in my opinion, by 1998's Dress To Kill, which is the funniest DVD i have ever watched in my life. The man is a genius!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best piece of stand up comedy... ever!, 13 Aug 2004
In this video Eddie Izzard produces the best piece of stand up comedy i have ever seen. The tape flows wonderfully from hilarious sketch to hilarious sketch. This video contains in my opinion his best sketch of all the time, the James Bond sketch. The sketch itself made me laugh so much i could hardly breathe. Izzards sketches are mostly based around the history of Europe and the way he does this, takes quite serious events from the past and turns them into pieces of comedy is quite magic. If you are looking for an Eddie Izzard video this is the one. Although most of his work is better than any other comedians none of his other videos even come close to touching this. Fantastic, Magnificent, Brilliant are a few of the words that can be used to describe Definite Article and Eddie Izzard himself. I would definetely reccomend this video to anyone with a love for real comedy at its best.

5.0 out of 5 stars 'If you haven't seen it, you haven't lived', 18 Dec 2003
A. Bareham "ballboybenny" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This is THE DEFINITE ARTICLE!! It doesn't get any better then this! If you have never watched Eddie before or have had the misfortune of only seeing Circle or SEXIE and wondered what all the fuss is about, THIS IS WHY EDDIE IZZARD IS THE GREATEST STAND-UP AROUND!! I first saw this in 1996 and still watch it again and again! Buy it, laugh till it hurts and roll on the floor clutching your stomach in side-splitting pain, and join the club!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!!! The funniest man on the planet., 12 Oct 2001
The Definate Article is the best Eddie Izzard video. His rambling style is brilliant and his observations on anything from The Italian Job to hair nets and dog food are very funny. The first time I saw this video I was in tears and very time I've watched it since I have found another great quotable line. Buy this and laugh your head off, it's fantastic!!!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›