5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Pair
On their own, these are great films; together, they form the greatest set of films ever made about a character from a comic book. If Sam Raimi can pull off the same trick with the third film, he'll have produced a trilogy unlike any other in Hollywood history.
Published on 29 Nov 2004 by scribeoflight

2.0 out of 5 stars half a good film
Published on 13 Jun 2006 by Nick

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Pair, 29 Nov 2004
This review is from: Spider-Man 1 and 2 (Four Disc Box Set) [DVD] (DVD)
If you don't already own these on DVD, or if you have managed to miss them in the cinema, this set will be a very healthy addition to your collection of DVDs. And while you're on Amazon, check out the wonderful Spider-Man comics currently being written by Brian Michael Bendis.

4.0 out of 5 stars Web Spinning Fun!, 10 Jan 2005
Rich Milligan (Thatcham, Berkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spider-Man 1 and 2 (Four Disc Box Set) [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this box set as a Xmas present for my son and after he'd watched them several times we finally sat down to watch them all together as a family.
Now, I'm not a fan of comic books, neither am I fan of action movies, but by the end of watching both films I was pleasantly surprised at how much I had enjoyed the whole package.
Both films are fun in the extreme. The acting, whilst hardly being Shakespeare standard, is great fun, the special effects are stunning and the plot fast moving and very entertaining.
Apparently according to my son anyhow, the films are also very true to the original comic book idea, which is quite comforting to know.
Great fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes your Breath Away..., 12 July 2005
This review is from: Spider-Man 1 and 2 (Four Disc Box Set) [DVD] (DVD)
Whilst I am quite a comic fan I approached Spiderman hesitantly following a dire performace from a host of actors in Batman & Robin, which kinda gets you thinking that they would never do a decent superhero flick again ever. Boy was I glad I saw these.
Both flicks in this double pack are excellent. The scripts for both are great, the casting perfect and the blend of action, romance and drama really keeps you glued to the screen throughout. I would highly recommend that both of these films be in any collectors DVD rack. Doc Ock and the Green Goblin were brilliantly played and provide two very different villians for spiderman to cope with. I cannot praise these enough and would rate these as a very valued purchase.
I wait for Spiderman 3 with open arms and my predictions on villians is Rhino (small role), Elektro (Large Role), Sandman (Large Role), a story line build up for Venom for Spiderman 4 plus an appearance of The Cat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab, 14 Jun 2013
This review is from: Spider-Man 1 and 2 (Four Disc Box Set) [DVD] (DVD)
My little boy aka as Spiderman loves these films. Recommended for any Spiderman fan, I'm not but have enjoyed watching them too!

4.0 out of 5 stars a good buy, 25 Mar 2013
This review is from: Spider-Man 1 and 2 (Four Disc Box Set) [DVD] (DVD)
hello good films to watch, I rate them as 4 stars because of the comic in the films great to watch with all the family.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good films., 5 Dec 2012
This review is from: Spider-Man 1 and 2 (Four Disc Box Set) [DVD] (DVD)
I highly enjoyed both these films.

I do not understand why some dislike Toby Maguire. He is a great Spiderman. Better than the new one.

I recommend watching this one. Much better than the new one.

2.0 out of 5 stars half a good film, 13 Jun 2006
Nick (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spider-Man 1 and 2 (Four Disc Box Set) [DVD] (DVD)
OK so, I've watched both the spiderman films and they both suffer from poor character development and take far too long to do, about half the film is character development, and yes I realise that doesn't make much sence poor character development and a huge chunck of the film dedicated to it but it realy is true. Once the films get started they have some amazing actions sences, well 1 or 2 in spiderman one and 3 or 4 in the second.

The biggest problem I have with these films is they are almost the same basic plot, Peter tacks on the mantal on spiderman, a friend of peters gets turned to evil by a science exsperiment, they cause his family problems, the enimy dies, the end.

The only reason this has got 2 stars is that the actions sence are that good, and if they had got the rest of the films done to that standard AND MADE 2 DESTINCT PLOTS, this would be a 5 star

If your looking for a super hero film watch X-men 1 and 2, avoide the spiderman francise like the plague.

ARRAY(0xab56f594)