on 7 January 2005
WOW , Rosemary does it again !!
Just as I'd become bored with the same old exercise routines that altered little except for the celebrity of the day endorsing it, up pops Rosemary with her new Salsacise dvd.
To be honest, the first couple of days I did the routine, apart from getting very hot, sweaty and out of breath ( so it must be working right ?) all I did was berate my lack of co ordination and realise why I was never a dancer... Now though after nearly a week of wiggling across the living room, my hips have discovered hidden talent and I am salsaing with the best of them... AND IT FEELS GREAT !!
The music is upbeat and makes you want to move, the 3 different routines get progressively more advanced and give you something to build up to and Rosemary Conley, as always runs the show like an old ( but extremely fit )pro.
Fun for all , young and old, male and female .. if you're a fan of Rosemary or just fancy something new, with few steps to learn...this could be for you, now, lets salsa !
0Comment262 of 265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2005
this video is fun and not too hard. it is good for a light exercise that still makes your heart beat fast. in a way, you exercise without knowing it -suddenly you just feel exhausted. the beginning of the video does not feel much like exercising and then you suddenly are exercising. great........
0Comment33 of 33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 January 2005
My 14 year old daughter and i have both used this. We found it very easy to follow and unlike some other exercise DVDs i have tried it did not talk down to us. Although the moves were easy to follow they were felt in the muscles the next day, and to dance them rather than just perfom them was much more of a challnge.
0Comment25 of 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 January 2005
A really fun work out programme! Easy to follow steps, nothing too complicated with a clear explanation from Rosemary. I was surprised how quickly I progressed to the next level. I just started the programme so I haven't seen results yet, but as it is so much fun to do I am sure I will greatly benefit from it, both in feeling fitter and eventually losing weight.
on 19 February 2006
I have always loved rosemary conleys ideas ever since the hip and thigh days. Her recipes are a god-send as they never fail, as for her dvd's again faultless. This dvd is fun, the music is some of the best suited to get you in the mood to sweat.
You just need to look at her toned figure to see she is doing something right!! long live rosemary
on 6 March 2005
I am an avid fitness fan but after four years of doing the same rountine at the gym I wanted a change. I wanted a workout that was fun, that burnt calories and wouldn't leave me bored after the second time of doing it. So I thought this video would be great.Also because it was done by Rosemary Conley I felt it would also be a safe work out that actually warmed you up and cooled you down (which in some celebrity fitness videos they don't.). And to be honest this video ticks all the boxes. It has three levels so if you are doing exercise for the first time you can start on level one and build your fitness up or if like me you exercise alot you can go straight to level three. It also uses music you will all recognise, which does make the work out go quicker(She Bangs by Ricky Martin is my particular favourite!!!)It also has a section on healthy eating which could help anyone wanting to lose weight. The one thing I would say with this work out is that you get out of it what you put in. If you only put the amount of energy shown in the DVD by Rosemary and her team of slimmers then I don't think you will see alot of benefit. However if you put alot of energy in and combine this possibly with another form of exercise (i.e gym or pilates) and a good diet I think you will see the benefits. I have lost 4 pounds in two weeks! so I'm living prove this DVD can work!
0Comment65 of 68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2006
A DVD that I actually enjoy!
Yes, I really do hurry home to do this one.
I am very unfit and very un co-ordinated, but after following the introductory section I can do almost all the moves.
I now concentrate on the 'Latin Combos' section (I'm still too unfit for the last bit), and I love doing it. I feel like I'm having fun, not working out. My living room is slightly too small for some of the moves, but you certainly don't need a dance floor.
At the moment I get hot and perspire doing this, but my muscles don't ache. When you work out with Rosemary you know you are with someone who puts safety first. You need to give it some wellie though - using your arms and hips definitely makes a difference.
My only criticisms are that some of the moves, like the samba and the cha cha cha, are not explained so well, so you have to pick them up as you go along, which is quite challenging if you have 2 left feet.
I haven't been doing this long enough to see benefits to my body, but it is definitely increasing my sense of well being, and motiviating me to exercise, both of which are very positive.
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.
11 comment88 of 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 May 2005
This is a huge amount of fun, and if you approach it with a little more energy than we see on the DVD (as another reviewer points out), then there is no doubt this is very high quality cardio. Rosemary cues impeccably, the routines are safe and interesting, the success stories warming and encouraging; the only thing that isn't great is that Rosemary is not a natural dancer. Fit as she is, great motivator though she is, her dance rhythms are not what we would want to aim for. But that, to be fair, is easily ignored; after all, she isn't out of time, just not inside the beat. Not just for the unfit, for sure.
11 comment9 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 September 2006
I was a bit sceptical about this at first, especially as the first section was so slow. However, after doing the second and third section I realised what a great workout I had done.

I have done many videos where you are exhausted after the first 10 minutes, and I have given up. This video works at a pace where you can keep going for up to 40 mins, thats 40 mins pure fat burning no stopping. You don't have to go full pelt to notice a difference. I have noticed a difference already in my shape and stamina.

I would reccomend this video to everyone looking to loose weight and looking to enjoy themselves whilst exercising.
0Comment41 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 October 2005
I have successfully used Rosemary's workouts in the past but found this one a bit disappointing. The first 10 minutes are very easy to show you the basics. The main 20 mins is basically the same workout as some of her others with just a few little 'tweaks' to make it salsafied! I would recommend it for quite unfit people as you can still do the workout wihout having to do exactly the right moves and it's not high impact. If you are looking for a big sweaty burn out it's probably not right for you.
11 comment41 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse