5.0 out of 5 stars Sexie, 7 Feb 2014
This review is from: Sexie (Audio CD)
So another v success b that we b bought b from you n n with ease m mmmm n n

5.0 out of 5 stars Yay Eddie!, 18 Nov 2010
Shanna (Bloomington, India) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sexie (Audio CD)
Thanks to Eddie Izzard for promoting intelligent comedy! He encourages thought from his audience and advances the ridiculousness of history... Two words - well done.

4.0 out of 5 stars Forget the video, listen to this instead, 31 Aug 2009
A. Whyte "charteredstreets" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sexie (Audio CD)
As the other reviewer says the video available of Sexie seems to be on a bit of an off night for Eddie; I listened to the CD version first, then when I Saw the video I kept waiting for the funny bits, and they kept not coming. The jokes that are in both versions are funnier in the audio version too. Some of Izzard's shows have CDs that were recorded the same night as the video (e.g. Circle) and some on different nights (Glorious, Definite Article). Experiencing both versions gives you an insight into Izzard's comedy and I think stand-up in general; it's actually quite hard to judge a show from a single night. I think it was Woody Allen who once said that the material really isn't all that important in stand-up; getting a feel for the room and the audience and the rhythm is what really makes it good or bad. I would have dismissed Sexie altogether as Izzard's weakest effort, had I not listened to the audio version first.

4.0 out of 5 stars Never laughed so much..., 4 Nov 2004
Amazon Customer (Worthing, West Sussex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sexie (Audio CD)
I haven't bought this CD yet, however I have all of his others and was lucky enough to have been at this gig recorded at the Brighton Centre in December 2003. I laughed from start to finish, so much so that I thought I was going to wet myself and I ached for laughing so much. I've got the DVD recorded in Eastbourne and the audience didn't seem as lively as the Brighton audience and therefore it lacks atmosphere. The Brighton audience were superb. Eddie was fantastic and really warmed up quickly as the audience got going. I'm buying it today and am sure it'll be a firm favourite in the car.

Sexie
Sexie by Eddie Izzard (Audio CD - 2004)