5.0 out of 5 stars Charming Animation of the Children's Book
We gave away our Mousehole Cat video when we moved to America a while ago. Re-reading the book the other evening we decided that, even though our daughter is now 14, the beautiful way this film is made - animating the wonderful illustrations from the book, made it worth purchasing for our collection and for the neighbours children to watch.
This does not disappoint,...
Published on 26 Nov 2007 by H. Stoker

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely story
Lovely cornish tale. I very intrigued to find out how Mowser sings. Once I discovered I cried with laughter. By the time I'd recovered myself they were back eating Morgy Broth. Such a shame, I was completely drawn in until that moment.
Published 1 month ago by Emma Henshaw

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Charming Animation of the Children's Book, 26 Nov 2007
H. Stoker (Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat (DVD)
This does not disappoint, and (call us softy's) we tend to 'fill up' every time when Old Tom and Mowzer sail home with their catch ... ending with a feast of morgy-broth and star-gazy pie.

This is a beautifully written tale, wonerfully animated and well worth the purchase price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 31 Dec 2009
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat (DVD)
This video is absolutely beautiful and a delight to watch for both children and adults. Any cat lover would appreciate a copy to watch with their other Christmas related videos.

5.0 out of 5 stars Once there lived in the village a cat whose name was Mowzer. . ., 4 Feb 2012
Guy reid-brown "GRB" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat (DVD)
After having posted up a review for Cobweb's favourite music (cf: Naxos' Vivaldi Flute Concertos Vol. 2) our other Feline family member, the fine and handsome Juniper (Prince of Cats) wanted his recommendation put up here as well, and I am more than happy to oblige:

Whilst maintaining that the television and Christmas do not belong together (or the television and any other life enhancing activity for that matter) there is always going to be an exception, and this one is it - and it will only take up half an hour of the precious day after the Turkey (or Goose or Beef or Nut Roast or whatever) every December 25th.

Benefiting from being pre-CGI, Nicola Bayley's delightful illustrations are brought richly to life, Sian Phillips does an excellent narration and there is one beautifully understated little scene the night before they set out to sea which, if it doesn't bring a tear to your eye, proves indeed that you have a heart of stone.

There is a rousing rendition of Starry Gazey Pie at the conclusion of the story and a delightful animation-into-real life montage of cats at the end - the real life Mousehole Cat at the finish is a true star!

For cat lovers and families everywhere.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 5 Feb 2010
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat (DVD)
Excellent animation of a wonderful story. For some reason it has become traditional Christmas viewing in our house.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mowser the Magnificant, 14 Mar 2005
Hilary Bird (Estonia, Europe) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat [VHS] (VHS Tape)
This book is really special. It's elegantly written and illustrated and anyone (of any age) who loves cats, sea tales, Cornwall or star gazey pie should have it on their bookshelves.
The simple prose and lovely pictures evoke the west of England (and it's blue-green sea) so well that I can almost 'ear the sound of the atlantic in the 'arbour.
Beautiful.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautifully made, very interesting, 15 April 2001
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Our kids have seen this video in both English and Italian versions hundreds of times. It fascinates them. The sea, the "storm cat", the fish etc. The commentary is excellent and the singing of the cat, mowser, is haunting and much copied. Only one thing, my 5 year old daughter says, " If they had all that stuff to make pies and kedgeree with why were they starving?" Well, there you are!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful video for all ages, 24 Jun 2000
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat [VHS] (VHS Tape)
Saw this in US, and was enthralled. It is visually compelling, and the "singing" of the cat haunting. An example of beauty "calming the savage beast" or the angry sea in this case.

5.0 out of 5 stars Story, 10 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat (DVD)
A good story that has been enjoyed for many years on video. I have now purchased it on DVD to continue watching it with my children.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic dvd., 18 April 2012
starlite (redditch,worcs) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat (DVD)
this dvd is a wonderful story.my children loved this when they were young.its beautiful told.adults and children alike will love it

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
This review is from: The Mousehole Cat (DVD)
Always a winner for kids of 5ish upwards.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Mousehole Cat
The Mousehole Cat by Catherine Collis (DVD - 2008)
16.12