on 17 June 2005
I first heard about Jesse about a year ago from a friend in America. I managed to get my hands on a few tracks and eventually this year, got a copy of the CD from a friend who came over.
From the start of the album, Jesses vocal strength is apparent.
She's no you is a strong opener and is followed by the title track, Beautiful Soul. Both are strong songs and manage to stick in the memory with their strong melody and catchy tunes.
Jesse has the ability to put all kinds of music types on the CD, proving that he's not just another music factory clone, having written the songs, or had a hand a hand in writing them himself.
A talented performer, the strongest track im ny opinion is Because You Live, a really sweet ballad.
Here's hoping it makes good sales in the UK as he's huge in america at the moment and deserves some international recognition.
Buy it, listen to it and enjoy it - Jesse McCartney really is talented and this CD proves it beyond a doubt.
on 9 January 2005
This album is great. Whilst in America, I fell across Jesse's music, with it being on Cinderella story and Princess Diaries 2. I wasn't able to buy Jesse's album in America because it's release date was 28th September. I recieved this album for christmas, and haven't stopped listening to it, it pure greatness. He was great voice, and a pure angelic tone and range. It also doesn't help he's stunning boy.
It's rather teen-pop, but rather soulful at the same time.
on 11 June 2006
An old name in popular music perhaps but definitely a hot new talent for the future.

This is a terrific album, some great songs, an impeccable performance from Jesse.This is a CD which is rarely out of my player at the moment.

For me the stand out songs are the title track, the uplifting "Because You Live" and the really beautiful "Why Don't You Kiss Her".

I look forward to the day when Jesse brings himself and his band over here for a tour.You should come to Leeds, Jesse, I am sure the music fans here will turn out to see you and enjoy your show.

Don't leave it too long!
on 25 January 2006
hey.Ive already wriiten a reveiw but in agreat deal of hurry so im going to write another one and this time spel soul right.
1. Shes no you Brilliant song with a catchy tune
2 Beautiful soul One of the best on the album full of emotion beautiful lyrics and a gorge tune
3. Get your shine on So much fun and so good to dance to and Jesse really seems to be having fun singing the song.
4. Take your sweet time Really Good song slow but really lovely
5. Without u... Really cool and funky
6. Why dont u kiss her good but not one of my faves but it a lovely song that is really cute
7. that was then.. Also one of my favourites really good tune and good beat and jesse sings it wonderfully like all the songs.
8.Comne to me. Nice song actually i love the song not quite as much as beautiful soul but good it is excellent
9. What your name .brill really upbeat song
10. Because you live. really rocky cool song
11. Why is love so hard to find.... I like this song its really good with a mixture of slowness n ad fastness and jesse has to really high to sing parts.
12. The stupid things.... One of jesse mccartneys fave apperently... very good and deadly lyrics in my opinion with a rocky/ poppy tune
Im not sure if the good life and the best day of my life are on this album but they are both really good and i love those songs they are brill
This album is excellent and jesse is a brilliant singer and I really hope he does well in the uk and ireland as he really deserves it .
on 30 August 2004
So i maybe only 15 but i saw the film 'a cinderella story' which features song from this singer twice and luckily tomorrow, call me a fool but i like the film. the songs are amazing and add depth...buy it if you enjoy somehtings like Damien Rice or Norah Jones
on 21 January 2006
This album is one of my favourite albums at the moment, i actually have the Australia Version but am sure that this album will be huge when it finally gets released. Jesse McCartney blends pop and rock with the smooth joints of r'n'b and dance music to create a perfect album. The title track and UK debut single, Beautiful Soul, is one of my favs along with the Michael Jackson esq, Get Your Shine On and the US smash hit Because You Live. Whats Your Name? is the song for the summer, a upbeat mix of pop and dance which also goes for Good Life. McCartney also covers the ballads well with the excellent The Stupid Things and Take Your Sweet Time shining through. Jesse McCartney is sure to be huge in 2006 and this album is proof that he's gonna go far!
on 25 December 2005
I first saw Jesse Mccartney on the special features of Princess Diaries and thought he is HOT!! Then i heard him sing and i was in total shock because you live was beautiful and the way he sang it was just magical. I didnt know he had a ful album out but when i found out down to the shops i went and listned.
He is the sweetest singer youll ever here and he puts so much heart into the singing of all his songs. This album is bloody brilliant. I mean it.BUY IT!!!!!!!!! tHE BEST SONG IS OBVIOUSLY bEAUTIFUL SOAL AS IT JUST HAS SO MUCH EMOTION IN IT. it has the best song words and lyrics youll ever here and bou does jesse look cute in that video. The stupid things also rocks. As its alot more rock and more funky.I nearly cried the 1st time i heard it. all i wanna do is please u were the words that broke my heart. Whats youre name is also good. Its a real light hearted song and nice to listen 2. My friends are being drove crazy by me cuz the album is all i talk about. They dont know who he is as he asnt released a single in irland yet. Or the UK as vfar as I know. But u just wait till next year my friends and well see whos the biggest fan. Ill prove me rite.
Luv
Ps This album got platinum in the us and his video for beautiful soal got votedf into the top ten 50 times and had to be retired. The song was a big hit. Buy the album
Im off to buy him ,live seeya
on 14 March 2006
Jesse's vocals shine through on every single one of these tracks. This is one of my favourite albums at the moment, I can't stop listening to it.
1. She's No You - Great start to the album. 10/10
2. Beautiful Soul - The song that got me into Jesse. 10/10
3. Get Your Shine On - At first I didn't like this, but now I think it's brilliant. 10/10
4. Take Your Sweet Time - Awesome song, really sweet. 10/10
5. Without U - Fantastic, kinda has an R'n'B feel to it. 10/10
6. Why Don't You Kiss Her? - Another sweet song. His vocals are really raw here, and it's a brilliant song. 10/10
7. That Was Then - Kinda fast song, really great lyrics and singing. 10/10
8. Come To Me - Another sweet song, but faster than tracks #4 and #6. 10/10
9. What's Your Name? - This should be the Summer track of 2006, it's brilliant. 10/10
10. Because You Live - Kind of rocky song, it's absolutely brilliant. 10/10
11. Why Is Love So Hard To Find? - Good song, I can relate sometimes, but not as good as some others. 9/10
12. Stupid Things - Nice closure, not the best though. 9/10
13. Good Life - Great song, I love singing and listening to this one. 10/10
14. Best Day Of My Life - I'm sure most people know this one. It's fantastic! 10/10
Jesse will continue to make records and become an even bigger star. 2006 will also be a big year for him in the UK, step aside all the other teen popstars!
on 2 January 2006
This album is great for anyone who enjoys catchy tunes and hot guys!!!!!!! Boys who say Jesse is a "pretty boy" are just jealous because he is hot and can sing and act. Sometimes his voice may get a tiny bit whiney but that is the tiniest fault and it hardly ever happens. His best are "Beautiful Soul", "She's No You" and "Get Your Shine On" (Which is the soundtrack to the Disney film "Ice Princess") and I personally love "What's Your Name".
I love all his songs and the range of songs he can sing is amazing from slow and romantic to hip and funky. It's just amazing!!! Keep doing what you're doing Jesse because you're great at it!!
on 15 August 2005
From what Ive heard of this album It sounds gr8!!!!
I cant wait to buy it. I found out about Jesse on a site Ive never heard of. girlsnext.com then I saw his picture on the site and thought mmmm he looks interesting. So I clicked on him amd WOW Ive listened to She's No You about 10 times since I found this site. I recommend It to people who like music by Hilary Duff and similar. WOW again I cant get over I cant wait to have the cd and BLAST It on my Hi Fi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!