5.0 out of 5 stars Top Tash
I bought this set thinking it would provide me with little more than a few nostalgic chuckles, as has regretfully been the case with other 80s shows. But Magnum is class. The interaction between Magnum and the other main characters (particularly the brilliant Higgins) is excellent, generating genuine laughs and fondness. The show is happy to mix such light-hearted laughs...
Published on 12 April 2005 by P. Arber

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun blast from the past
Purchased as a bit of a laugh and it turned out to be a fun trip down memory lane but it is rather dated now!
Published 20 months ago by Nicci

5.0 out of 5 stars You know its the car, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Magnum Pi: the Complete First Season [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
Wow . brought back happy memories. Was surprised to hear orginal title score, is.nt the one we all remember.
But Magnum, Rick , T.C and Higgins dont ever fail to deliver.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 23 April 2014
This review is from: Magnum Pi: the Complete First Season [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
This item was delivered today and I am impressed with the quality of the product. It's very basic in design and has simple graphics etc. but it is nothing less than what you'd expect it to be. A plastic case with the pictured art and 6 DVD's inside. I was half expecting something more substantial for some reason, but it is the same size as a normal DVD case, which is no problem whatsoever.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love the 80s!, 16 Dec 2013
This review is from: Magnum Pi: the Complete First Season [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
Really love 80s tv so decided to give this a go. We have enjoyed every minute and will be ordering series 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally bought the first season, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Magnum Pi: the Complete First Season [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
Looking at this through a 21st century lens isn't really an option. Or if you do you need to ignore clothing, bad acting and stunts.

Basically the stories are good for background noise. You aren't going to be overly taxed and the characters grow slowly over the seaon. The first season would/was the Castle/Rizzoli& Isles of it's day. I feel that the story lines were good and that you could see the good dynamic between Magnum and Higgins.

One of the things that surprised me is how some of the female were actually very strong characters... I mean a female terrorist assassin.

Looking forward to season 2

5.0 out of 5 stars Retro doesn't get much better, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Magnum Pi: the Complete First Season [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
A fantastic series which is great value for money. I remember watching this as a Child and it's still as fresh today. The series tends to be cut in places when on the TV so this really is your only chance to see it how it originally was.

4.0 out of 5 stars Blast from the past, 21 Jun 2013
This review is from: Magnum Pi: the Complete First Season [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
If you are of a certain age, you will remember this from first time round (eek!). A bout of nostalgia got me buying this and I'm so glad I did. It hasn't really aged (except when they have to find a phone box and not use a mobile lol). Good fun suitable for all the family.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fun blast from the past, 19 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars magum pi seasons 1 -4 dvd, 12 Feb 2013
Mrs. L. Cave - See all my reviews
this was the first part of the set i bought and have really enjoyed watching and will keep doing so as will never tire of this series

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic tv, 20 July 2012
This review is from: Magnum Pi: the Complete First Season [DVD] [1981] (DVD)
Having grown up with the likes of the A Team, Airwolf and Knightrider I couldnt quite remember Magnum. I knew it was something that I had watched when I was younger and that Tom Selleck had appeared in a couple of films that stood out in my mind 'Her Alibi' for one which I'd enjoyed on more than one occasion back in the day. I found myself with the opportunity to purchase the first two seasons for a donation to the Air Ambulance charity a while back and thought why not, do do my bit for charity in return for a bit of nostalgia, I stuck the dvd's on a shelf and forgot about them. Two months ago I had a night off and there was little on tv so I thought I'd give them a go. All I can say to anyone thinking about purchasing them is season 1 and 2 are watched, 3 and 4 have arrived, 5 is on the way and 6,7 and 8 will be ordered and joining my collection shortly! Fantastic viewing that I would recommend to anyone, when I hear the word Magnum now I do not think of an ice cream or an outstandingly ruthless detective speaking the immortal line 'do you feel lucky punk' I think of a charismatic, private eye in a bright red ferrari solving cases in one of the worlds most beautiful locations. Invest people you will not be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 11 July 2011
Got into watchin Magnum after watchin a couple of episodes on an obscure uk tv channel,after not seein it for years

Bought this box set...it was excellent, ended up buyin every series,and they were excellent too.The characters are superb, the acting is awesome, everythin about the show is brilliant

I was gutted when Id finished watchin every episode(wish theyd made more),it took me over six months
Without doubt IMO one of the best TV shows ever.Well worth the money

Magnum Pi: the Complete First Season [DVD] [1981]