5.0 out of 5 stars Superb viewing
An absolute joy to watch and remember the antics of Jacko and Eric. I can't believe I was having second thoughts about purchasing the DVD which proved to be even better than I fondly remembered it.
You can't help but smile as soon as you hear Dexy's Midnight Runners belt out the theme tune.
Can't wait for the later series' to be released!! The sooner the better.
Published on 18 Jan 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Great... but not complete!!
Series 1 & 2 of Brush Strokes are fantastic - up there with the best of British comedy. However, whilst what's on the DVD gets 5 stars, I've had to knock 2 off. This is because they have left out series 3, 4 and 5!! I've done some digging around on the net and it would appear that there are no plans to release them on DVD at this stage either. Now either that is very sad,...
Published on 21 Feb 2007 by D COOK

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 4 Jun 2011
This review is from: Brush Strokes - Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1986] (DVD)
I loved this series when it was on TV and looked forward to getting it on DVD. The only disc which seems to be available contains series 1 and 2 and this has been the situation for some time. When oh when are we going to be able to see the other series? I live in hope !

5.0 out of 5 stars Brush strokes, 1 May 2011
Mr. Mark Hall "Mark" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brush Strokes - Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1986] (DVD)
If you want light hearted entertainment instead of the heavy drama's that are everywhere, then go for this its simple British comedy provided in a gentle no abusive with no F words in site way

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic 80's Comedy, 11 Mar 2011
P. Brown (Britain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brush Strokes - Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1986] (DVD)
I bought this for my part of my dad's Christmas as there are not many comedies that he has not already got. He really loved it as it is a real light hearted comedy. If I am honest I even found myself watching it with my parents - good family viewing.

5.0 out of 5 stars More Brush strokes?, 22 Jan 2011
This review is from: Brush Strokes - Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1986] (DVD)
Absolutely one of the finest, yet strangely overlooked, comedies. Believable characters, no smut, no violence, just a well written, gentle comedy tinged with the familiar British pathos common to many of their humorous programs. Gary Waldhorn (Vicar of Dibley) almost steals the show as Jacko's cantankerous boss but, as is so often the case with English comedies, all of the supporting cast are excellent in their roles. Why oh why hasn't the entire series been released? To add insult to injury, we in Australia didn't even have the pleasure of viewing the final series, so we don't even know what happens to everyone in the end (and I'm not about to look up an episode guide and ruin my enjoyment when it finally does become available!). Please, Brush Strokes complete in 2011. Stephen Wright, Melbourne.

5.0 out of 5 stars Six years later..., 22 Oct 2010
Stuart Woods (Bushey, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brush Strokes - Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1986] (DVD)
Six years later and we are still waiting for the rest of this series to be released. For crying out loud BBC (whatever happened to the BBC we used to know and love?)are you going to put out the rest or not? If you`re not then say so and put us out of our misery. If you are then don`t you think it`s about time?

Five stars for the programme. Zero stars for the once great institution called the BBC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great series as the great Brucie says, 24 July 2014
Brush Strokes. Great series as the great Brucie says, everyone did very well and made us laugh. My daughter enjoyed it very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brush Strokes Review, 26 Sep 2011
This review is from: Brush Strokes - Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1986] (DVD)
i Actually bought this box set for my parents,
it arrived before the scheduled date well packaged,
my parents have watched it and thoroughly enjoyed it,
it took them back years as they had forgotten how good this series was.
they would recommend it to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this first time round!, 14 Sep 2011
I loved this series when it was first shown on TV and it is just as good second time round. Fingers crossed the later series get released on DVD too.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sound, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Brush Strokes - Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1986] (DVD)
The humour and acting is just as I remember it to be, very good on both counts, but the quality of the sound is atrocious and makes the DVD almost not worth playing. My hearing is good but I watched these programess with the subtitles on.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Brush Strokes - Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1986]
Brush Strokes - Series 1 & 2 [DVD] [1986] by Harold Snoad (DVD - 2004)
Used & New from: 5.85