on 29 August 2008
This is the best vacuum we've ever had. It's quiet, effective and top quality. It also has a 5 year guarantee, you'll have to go a long way to beat this.
on 24 July 2010
The K-1 Airbelt is a thing of wonder.

When this clean machine arrived on a cold, icy morn I took it out of the box, clipped the cleaner head and hose together quickly in a breeze without fuss, head scratching, or even having to even look at the (thankfully) slim manual. Then put I in a fresh 3-layer micro-filtration bag that was included, again without needing to consult instructions.

Slipping the cleaner head into its vertical handy stand-up store slot-clip at the base, I then filled out the warranty card and sat down with a cup of coffee, marvelling at the bright, shiny red glory of it as Charlotte Green intoned the 11 o'clock bulletin with a quiet, yet firm authority on BBC Radio 4.

After a quick flip through of the manual, which wasn't really needed and contained the usual Health & Safety "don't do bonehead things with it" yada-yada, I finished my coffee and plugged it in after pulling out the self-rewinding retractable cable. Poised over it, I gripped the comfortable curved handle at the top of the tube.

"Hmm, the tube's a bit short", I thought, yet smiled upon discovering a thumb button on the tube that makes a telescopic *inner* tube glide outwards smoothly, a chromed steel one, which stops with a satisfying click at whatever length you want it - nice.

I then stepped on the foot switch and combined power dial, "whoo-O-O-O-SSHHHHH...", it said, like a miniature turbine. So I hoovered away, grinning to myself at how clean the carpet was becoming with every pass, while finding that the cleaning head can be 'steered', gliding about via its three wheels on a turn of your wrist.

I must have hoovered the lounge (24'x 18') in as much time as it takes to boil an egg, though what impressed was that this vacuum did not have that cylinder design of the exhaust like being in a blowy hot air backwash of a very small jet.

The K-1 'Airbelt' is so-called, as the exhaust air is pushed out around its waist, not via a traditional straight vent,
via a firm, yet soft bumper, Imagine the bumper around a dodgem car, which is what the K-1 resembles. What's ingenious is the 'air belt' diffuses the exhaust, so no draughts of air that blow dust around, while protecting your furniture from knocks as you pull it (easily) around.

The bags are also a design marvel: each has simple, clear fitting instructions, though you don't really need them - it will take you less than ten seconds to work out how to fit, they just slot in - 5 seconds, and they only go in one way besides. A neat design touch is the box of eight bags comes with a set of eight small "lids" that plug the hole in the bag when it comes to putting them in the bin, thus sealing the dust in and preventing it going everywhere in your dustbin outside. Replace the air filter with every 16th bag change, Sebo commend, which is also an easy slot-in cartridge.

Finally, I also own a Bosch Pro Power 2400W cylinder (also sold here), with a power dial like the K-1, that is close, but no cigar (the hot exhaust pushing out the top). Both are German made and made very well. But while the Bosch is 300W more,both clean as well as each other, though the Bosch is nosier and less economical.

The clincher is Sebo offer a 5 year warranty with their units and K-1 weighs 5.5KG, while the Bosch is 8KG with it's over the top 2400Watt motor and the cord rewind is not as strong.

With self retracting cords NEVER leave the cord unwound. The cords retract and wrap around an internal storage reel. The storage is effected by a spring loaded drum that rotates against the spring as the cord is pulled out. If this is left retracted and left out then the spring will lose tension via metal 'memory'. This has to be compensated for by adjusting via an internal tension in a repair. Also give the cord a wipe with a damp cloth as it retracts now and then as the internal drum and storage area can get dusty.
on 10 March 2010
Previous vacuum was a hoover dustmaster which did anything but master dust. It was bagless but put me off bagless cleaners forever. Filters to wash, dust in the air and on the hands every time it was emptied. Luckily it burned out the motor after two years. Looked at reviews for Cylinder Vacuums with bags. Never heard of sebo but reviews were good. Decided to buy one. The entry level lowest priced version. After 2 months i have to say Its more than lived up to my hopes. Carpets have never cleaned so easily. Its quiet, the tools all work well and are stored on board for convenience. I'm just about to change the bag for the first time so they do not work out expensive at all. Given its also guaranteed parts and labour for 5 yrs its a gift. Only one issue but its easily fixed. The rear castors did not spin readily which made manouverability poor (even the old hoover was better) I rang Sebo who were helpful and suggested i spray WD40 on the castors. I didnt do this however - I didnt like the idea of oil on plastics. After a bit of a think I levered the wheels out of the castors to give access to the securing screw beneath. Unscrewed this and wiped Mr sheen silicone polish on underlying metal pivot. Put it back together and its been no problem since - it goes where I want it now. I have since checked 3 different sebos on display in dept stores and they seem to have the same problem. Spin a Miele castor and they are much smoother - perhaps something for Sebo to address. But dont let it stop you getting one its a great machine.
on 19 August 2010
Absolutely delighted with this item, it gets into corners just as easy as it does open spaces. I now have two Sebo vacuum cleaners and could well recommend them to anybody is looking for a new cleaner. It might be a bit pricier than makes like Electrolux and Hoover, but the workmanship is second to none. Totally reliable, and this is easy to carry especially witg the docking facility for the floor nozzle. Would not dream of buying any other make of vacuum cleaner in the future, thats if I ever have to.
on 12 November 2011
About as good as a bagged-cleaner can get - decent suction from a rather small bag, excellent construction quality and good guarantee terms. The major problem is the ludicrous cost of spare parts - try £50 for a single replacement section for the telescopic suction tube for instance. Overall still a good product and I've owned two of this model.
VINE VOICEon 6 September 2011
Great and reliable, when the first one died after many years of loyal service, we bought another vac exactly the same. We have a cat and a dog - both black haired! and this vacuum tackles their hair and much more. Light, good on stairs, onboard tools, long hose. I highly recommend it.
on 16 June 2014
This is a good looking machine which performs brilliantly!
It's easy to manoeuvre and has excellent suction on carpets and hard floors.
Highly recommended.
on 6 June 2013
This really does what it says on the tin!
Unlike the uprights there are no computer items to worry about, just on and off.
I know the bags are a bit more expensive but the rewards are great.
I believe that sebo are the best on the market.
on 18 September 2014
This vacuum cleaner is very effective, is easy to use and is powerful. Deals well with pet hair too. I bought this after using my mum's and would thoroughly recommend it. A good service provided by the seller - fast and efficient.
on 12 December 2014
This is a brilliant small vacuum cleaner from a very good maker at the right price. It cleans really well and I can use my old cleaners attachments. What more could I want.