1,055 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!
[ASIN:B0002TTRT4 Fiskars 009910 Lawn Weed Puller]]
Published on 17 April 2011 by P. Taplin

2.0 out of 5 stars Review of product
Works ok but not very well made as mine is already coming apart - doubt this will last very long and at the price I expected years of use! Disappointed
Published on 14 Jun. 2011 by C. Kilbane

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!, 17 April 2011
P. Taplin - See all my reviews
[ASIN:B0002TTRT4 Fiskars 009910 Lawn Weed Puller]]
After just spending a few minutes with my new best friend I felt I had to come and write a review! I have a lawn/garden which was 20% weeds, I'd started digging out the weeds individually with a small spade but after hours I felt like I was digging more of my lawn than I should be, after purchasing this I was a little unsure what to expect......... it works better than I could have imagined, yes it does leave small holes where the weeds were but thats too be expected and the holes are a lot smaller than with a hand spade! I'm going to recommend it to everyone I know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addictive tool, removes weeds well, 20 May 2012
This review is from: Fiskars Weed Puller (Garden & Outdoors)
Really pleased with this lightweight tool. It takes a few goes at pulling weeds to get hang of best way to use it but when you have got it, it works well, removing the whole root on most attempts. Bought it for my 14yr son to use as feel he should help out in the garden. He loved it and pulled out loads of weeds from the grass in no time. He quickly became an expert on the knack of using it. Obviously does leave small holes, but you would get these whichever method you use to pull weeds. I have filled these with compost/soil(weed free type) & then bit of grass seed. Much easier than bending over and digging out with a trowel and much better for the environment than spraying with chemicals and then still having to dig it out (& cheaper). Another good feature is that you do not have to touch the weed, it can be emptied into compost bin directly, handy for thistles. This tool made my boy a keen helper and that is worth a lot! Hope his enthuasiasm lasts but if not then I can use this tool instead. It seems quite study and if looked after after use and kept clean and dry in the shed and don't let blades get damaged, it should last. Good value considering how good it is and how much time and effort it saves. Weeds watch out because you are all on the way out shortly and with all roots removed you won't be coming back! Another nasty task in garden made much easier. Got it from Amazon as they offered good price and hassle free delivery, saved going to shops. Buying a few more tools from Amazon to help me and my son, get the garden ready for relaxing in when summer arrives!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, easy to use and makes short work of weeds., 20 Mar. 2011
Emile Zola reader "Gervaise" (Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This weed puller has got to be the lightest of its kind on the market - it has four metal serrated teeth at the bottom of the sturdy-looking pole and I expected it to be heavy to handle but far from it, my elderly mother could manage this with ease. My garden has a patch where common chickweed, creeping buttercup, wild carrot and dandelions thrive so I was eager to try this gadget out because for me, weeding is a thankless, back-breaking exercise. I couldn't get the hang of this right away (my fault) but it's actually simplicity itself, you just surround the centre of the weed with the lopper-like teeth at the end of the pole, press your foot down on the pedal, angle the pole towards you and pull. Hey presto, the weed comes out without the need to pull any straps/levers. I didn't realise at first that you have to angle the pole when you lift it out of the soil/grass otherwise the teeth don't grasp the weed.

Now for the best bit, to eject the weed from the teeth you just slide the orange cuff in the middle of the pole downwards - it glides very, very smoothly - and the weed is expelled. The sound that the 'slider' makes is very like that on a pump-action shotgun in a movie and I love it - childish, I know, but hey, weeding is a very boring job and it made it fun! My soil is heavy with clay and the clumps attached to the teeth around the root of the weed were easily ejected and left the teeth clean and ready to use again on the next weed. You do need to fill the hole left after the weed has been removed but you have to do this anyway no matter which method you use to pull the weed.

The circumference of the teeth is approximately 7" (18 cm) so the puller can cover the heart of most weeds and it does get most of the root up - weeds like spreading chickweed may have to be covered twice - but because it is so light to handle and easy to use, it's not the hateful job it normally is for me. I would like to add that although it is incredibly light to handle, this is not a flimsy-looking item, the design and materials are very good and I am expecting it to last for many years. I seem to have gone on a bit about the weight of this weed puller but I'm a petite build and find that most garden equipment is quite heavy-going after a while and that's one reason why I really like this item. I thought at first that the price was a little expensive for a weed puller but given that it would (presumably) last for years and get the job done quickly, it's worth the cost and would make an ideal gift for elderly relatives, anyone with back problems or, someone like me who just hates the job.

4.0 out of 5 stars much easier, 7 April 2011
This review is from: Fiskars Weed Puller (Garden & Outdoors)
Early days yet, but very pleased so far. Makes pulling dandelions and many other weeds much easier than the standard hand-held weeder.
Customer reviews from Canada/USA have suggested that the plastic part that you step on and lever is subject to breakage. Time will tell and there is a good guarantee.

4.0 out of 5 stars The easiest and simplest way to remove weeds, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Fiskars Weed Puller (Garden & Outdoors)
Once you become comfortable using this tool it makes removing weeds so simple.
I have a small garden but quite a few weeds!... and it took me little over 30 minutes to do the whole lawn when it usually takes me a couple of hours. Its light, easy to use and removes weeds cleanly and quickly. This would be particular useful for those who find it difficult or awkward to get round and remove large, deep rooted weeds.
I'd definitely recommend this product to others as it makes such a difficult, laborious task into a pleasant one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 April 2011
Little Miss - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This weed puller is excellent. My parents recently moved house and their new garden was full of weeds. This thing got rid of all of them in next to no time with minimal effort required. Stick the end with the forks on it into the ground, press down on the lever and haul the entire weed or dandelion, complete with root, out with ease. Then you can throw it in the bin without ever having to even touch the weed, so no dirty fingers either!
Really good value for money too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Review of product, 14 Jun. 2011
C. Kilbane "ck" (UK) - See all my reviews

3.0 out of 5 stars It came, it weeded, it went away again, 26 April 2013
L. Ivory "bozzy" (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fiskars Weed Puller (Garden & Outdoors)
Mine broke today. I bought it last year. It is probably just out of warranty, and in any case they'd say it had been incorrectly used (if my previous experience of 'lifetime guarantee' stainless steel garden forks is anything to go by). In this tool's 'lifetime' it has extracted (I'd guess) about 15 white poly-prop rubble sacks full of dandelions from the field we laughingly call 'lawn', so maybe these days that's 'your money's worth'. I'll let you be the judge.

It worked extremely well for a short while, then the jaws started to stick, so you had to give it a knock to get them to release the weed. Eventually the shaft of the metal jaws came loose from the plastic handle and had to be re-seated every 20 or so weeds. Later, the housing around the blades developed a small crack, and finally the pin(s) holding the blades in place came out, rendering the tool useless, and irreparable.

Its price is just about on the pain threshold to make me ask if I would really pay £25 per annum or more to save the effort of bending down to extract a dandelion. It doesn't always remove the whole root, but it is quite satisfying when it does. Perhaps I will, after all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly effective, 20 Mar. 2011
hiljean (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The diagrammatic instructions on the packaging are very basic but after a short period of use all becomes clear. The device is very well made and providing the jaws are kept clean it should be a trouble-free tool.

Care needs to be taken to centre the tool over the offending weed before pushing the stainless steel claw fully to the ground. Angling the shaft towards you with your toe on the restraint easily closes the device around the plant and root and extracts it from the soil. The sliding sleeve ejects the weed probably with a clump of soil which in damp conditions can simply be left to dry out. It has proved effective on dandelion, thistle, and buttercup. If used on a lawn a round hole will be left approximately two inches (5 cms)in diameter requiring refilling with soil. In stony soil the tool may need re-positioning to enable the claws to sink to their full depth.

To sum up this is a well-made, very useful tool which avoids the need to bend or kneel usually required to extract deep-rooted weeds.

1.0 out of 5 stars broke after 30 minutes, 11 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Fiskars Weed Puller (Garden & Outdoors)
The tool worked fine for about 30 minutes until I tried to uproot a ragwort plant. There is a plastic part that holds the mechanism together. This broke when I used the tool. Therefore the tool is useless. Seems to be a design fault to me. They should not use cheap plastic.

Fiskars Weed Puller