5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!
[ASIN:B0002TTRT4 Fiskars 009910 Lawn Weed Puller]]
Published on 17 April 2011 by P. Taplin

2.0 out of 5 stars Review of product
Works ok but not very well made as mine is already coming apart - doubt this will last very long and at the price I expected years of use! Disappointed
Published on 14 Jun. 2011 by C. Kilbane

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressed!, 17 April 2011
P. Taplin - See all my reviews
[ASIN:B0002TTRT4 Fiskars 009910 Lawn Weed Puller]]
After just spending a few minutes with my new best friend I felt I had to come and write a review! I have a lawn/garden which was 20% weeds, I'd started digging out the weeds individually with a small spade but after hours I felt like I was digging more of my lawn than I should be, after purchasing this I was a little unsure what to expect......... it works better than I could have imagined, yes it does leave small holes where the weeds were but thats too be expected and the holes are a lot smaller than with a hand spade! I'm going to recommend it to everyone I know!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, easy to use and makes short work of weeds., 20 Mar. 2011
Emile Zola reader "Gervaise" (Hants, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This weed puller has got to be the lightest of its kind on the market - it has four metal serrated teeth at the bottom of the sturdy-looking pole and I expected it to be heavy to handle but far from it, my elderly mother could manage this with ease. My garden has a patch where common chickweed, creeping buttercup, wild carrot and dandelions thrive so I was eager to try this gadget out because for me, weeding is a thankless, back-breaking exercise. I couldn't get the hang of this right away (my fault) but it's actually simplicity itself, you just surround the centre of the weed with the lopper-like teeth at the end of the pole, press your foot down on the pedal, angle the pole towards you and pull. Hey presto, the weed comes out without the need to pull any straps/levers. I didn't realise at first that you have to angle the pole when you lift it out of the soil/grass otherwise the teeth don't grasp the weed.

Now for the best bit, to eject the weed from the teeth you just slide the orange cuff in the middle of the pole downwards - it glides very, very smoothly - and the weed is expelled. The sound that the 'slider' makes is very like that on a pump-action shotgun in a movie and I love it - childish, I know, but hey, weeding is a very boring job and it made it fun! My soil is heavy with clay and the clumps attached to the teeth around the root of the weed were easily ejected and left the teeth clean and ready to use again on the next weed. You do need to fill the hole left after the weed has been removed but you have to do this anyway no matter which method you use to pull the weed.

The circumference of the teeth is approximately 7" (18 cm) so the puller can cover the heart of most weeds and it does get most of the root up - weeds like spreading chickweed may have to be covered twice - but because it is so light to handle and easy to use, it's not the hateful job it normally is for me. I would like to add that although it is incredibly light to handle, this is not a flimsy-looking item, the design and materials are very good and I am expecting it to last for many years. I seem to have gone on a bit about the weight of this weed puller but I'm a petite build and find that most garden equipment is quite heavy-going after a while and that's one reason why I really like this item. I thought at first that the price was a little expensive for a weed puller but given that it would (presumably) last for years and get the job done quickly, it's worth the cost and would make an ideal gift for elderly relatives, anyone with back problems or, someone like me who just hates the job.

2.0 out of 5 stars Review of product, 14 Jun. 2011
C. Kilbane "ck" (UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Impressed!, 27 Jun. 2011
D. Fell - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fiskars Weed Puller (Garden & Outdoors)
Really impressed! I was somewhat sceptical and cynical; I have pulled up 20-30 well established dandelions up where the roots were long & deep in just a few minutes. The instructions are not that good so here are some hints:

1. Make sure the tool is centred over the weed
2. Press down firmly with the pedal and ensure it is tight to the top of the weed
3. Maintain downwards pressure on the tool whilst placing your foot on the end of the lever/foot pedal and lever the handle towards you, i.e. rock it on the pivot end point of the lever
4. Weed will be extracted
5. Use the sliding mechanism to eject the weed

Sometimes weeds will need more than one attempt - especially multiple weeds in a cluster, it will still work well for these too. If you get the technique right, it will pull up the weed; leave behind 4 small slots where the grippers went in and a bald patch in the grass where the weed was. The weed ideally will have its roots intact also and pretty much happens all-the-time. Typically 4-6" long and on one occasion a weed with 2 roots!

I have tried weed killers, specialist dandilion and lawn care products - not that impressed as they don't fix the problem for good. I am about to re-turf and this will be good preperation for that. I don't feel Some of the comments regarding its robustness are warranted - as long as it's used for it purpose, it should be fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars much easier, 7 April 2011
This review is from: Fiskars Weed Puller (Garden & Outdoors)
Early days yet, but very pleased so far. Makes pulling dandelions and many other weeds much easier than the standard hand-held weeder.
Customer reviews from Canada/USA have suggested that the plastic part that you step on and lever is subject to breakage. Time will tell and there is a good guarantee.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's So Easy To Use, That Even Your Granny Could Use It!, 1 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Fiskars Weed Puller (Garden & Outdoors)
Received this today & is such a great piece of kit, It's very well made & constucted. The body is made from strong Aliuminum & the 3 bottom forks are Stainless Steel.

With one of the sellers they gave me a free bag which is handy, not a bag for it to go in, but a bag for the weeds to be put into.

When you get this your find it will have a tap screw holding a plastic hanger & I would suggest leaving it on. Only on the basis that there is no hole built into the handle to hang it up in the shed/garage, so using the plastic tag hanger provided is a good idea.

All you need to do is just position the device with the 3 forks centered in the middle of the weed, with your left or right foot push down on the plastic foot bracket, once the forks are near enough in just tilt the device back towards yourself & watch the weed come out. However you will find that mostly every time you will make tiny mole holes which is understandable on the grass ripping weed roots out.

Bottom Line:

Pros: Well Built & A Quality Leading Brand.
Materials Used Are Solid & Not Cheap Crap.

Cons: No Instuctions With The Weed Puller.
Shame That It Makes Noticeable Holes In The Grass.

Even though there are some good & bad things with the product, it does the job & each & everytime you get rid of a weed you just shotgun it into your bin, trust me if your a bloke this will apply to you.

4.0 out of 5 stars The easiest and simplest way to remove weeds, 4 April 2011
This review is from: Fiskars Weed Puller (Garden & Outdoors)
Once you become comfortable using this tool it makes removing weeds so simple.
I have a small garden but quite a few weeds!... and it took me little over 30 minutes to do the whole lawn when it usually takes me a couple of hours. Its light, easy to use and removes weeds cleanly and quickly. This would be particular useful for those who find it difficult or awkward to get round and remove large, deep rooted weeds.
I'd definitely recommend this product to others as it makes such a difficult, laborious task into a pleasant one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 17 April 2011
Little Miss - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This weed puller is excellent. My parents recently moved house and their new garden was full of weeds. This thing got rid of all of them in next to no time with minimal effort required. Stick the end with the forks on it into the ground, press down on the lever and haul the entire weed or dandelion, complete with root, out with ease. Then you can throw it in the bin without ever having to even touch the weed, so no dirty fingers either!
Really good value for money too.

5.0 out of 5 stars No more backache!, 15 April 2011
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'm a lazy gardener and I'd been looking for something to take the chore out of weeding as I loathe it. The instructions aren't as clear as they could be but it's fairly easy with a bit of trial and error to get to grips with the ideal technique. It's all down to the angling when you lift the weed and once that's mastered weeding is quick and easy and I'm thrilled with this. Excellent for folk with back problems or bad knees - once the weed is out you just need to trample the ground to fill in the hole and you can drop it in a sack - no kneeling or bending required.

3.0 out of 5 stars It came, it weeded, it went away again, 26 April 2013
L. Ivory "bozzy" (France) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fiskars Weed Puller (Garden & Outdoors)
Mine broke today. I bought it last year. It is probably just out of warranty, and in any case they'd say it had been incorrectly used (if my previous experience of 'lifetime guarantee' stainless steel garden forks is anything to go by). In this tool's 'lifetime' it has extracted (I'd guess) about 15 white poly-prop rubble sacks full of dandelions from the field we laughingly call 'lawn', so maybe these days that's 'your money's worth'. I'll let you be the judge.

It worked extremely well for a short while, then the jaws started to stick, so you had to give it a knock to get them to release the weed. Eventually the shaft of the metal jaws came loose from the plastic handle and had to be re-seated every 20 or so weeds. Later, the housing around the blades developed a small crack, and finally the pin(s) holding the blades in place came out, rendering the tool useless, and irreparable.

Its price is just about on the pain threshold to make me ask if I would really pay £25 per annum or more to save the effort of bending down to extract a dandelion. It doesn't always remove the whole root, but it is quite satisfying when it does. Perhaps I will, after all.

Fiskars Weed Puller