5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING
If there is anyone reading this thinking "wow, this is too expensive" then you are wrong. I have spent years getting frustrated at crappy cheap tin openers that last about 1 month before having to buy a new one, and haven't really got space to buy a fancy electric one etc.

Published on 10 Dec 2012 by Garrie

3.0 out of 5 stars Too pricey
Look, yes, it's great - but for that much money?? I'd rather get an all-singing, all-dancing electric version I reckon.
Published 1 month ago by A. Moger

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 10 Dec 2012
This review is from: Fissler Magic Edition Line 2008118 Tin Opener (Kitchen & Home)

This tin opener is simply amazing - takes up very little space, easy to use, does exactly what it says (no sharp edges and can "re-seal" tins with lid) and so far has worked perfectly with every type of tin i've used it with so far.

If you are looking for a new tin opener, buy this one - it really is brilliant!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite probably the best thing I've ever bought while drunk., 6 Jun 2014
I was a leetle bit concerned when I realised I had ordered this gadget but the first time I used it all my doubts were quashed in an instant. Lovely- and unusual-looking for a can opener, it feels sturdy with no play in the mechanism and is a work of utter genius, in my humble opinion: it somehow manages to remove the lid of a can in such a way that there are no sharp edges and the lid can even be refitted remarkably securely! Zose crazy Germans!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Tin Opener Ever, 16 April 2013
I tried cheap ones and then worked my way up to £12 and £14 ones. None of them were completely satisfactory. In the end I thought, at that price the Fissler had to be good. I was not disappointed. It has opened all sizes of can and leaves safe smooth edges where it cuts. Wonderful piece of kit. You do not even need to wash it afterwards as it does not touch the can contents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap at twice the price. The Germans have done it again., 14 Nov 2013
This is every bit as good as all reviews state. I love it's simple design and the tidy job it makes of tins. I love it so much I open tins with pull tabs on ! I just wish I had invented this opener. You can replace the lids and lick those baked bean tins without slashing your tongue to bits.

5.0 out of 5 stars The very best tin opener, 9 Sep 2012
Years of struggling to open tins with butterfly openers. Not any more!!! This tin opener is so good. Did I say so good? It is soooooooooo good!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Product, 22 Jun 2013
When this arrived my husband started the usual jokes "you had better give the tat man a ring your mothers bought another can opener".
I have bought countless, some cheap and some costly all ended up in bin. Until this one arrived.

Even my husband has admitted this is one excellent product. When you consider the build quality, no sharp edges and less frustration!! It turns out to be most cost effective can opener I have ever bought.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's just a thing for opening tins!, 12 May 2013
...so why does it make me smile when I use it? ... It's solidly built, performs better than any I've used before and gives me a tin with its own lid for when I'm not using all the contents in one go ... I can't imagine there's a better functioning tin opener for domestic use!
It's not about price, it's about value ... this item is a winner!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic, 1 May 2013
Very well made and simple to use. Opens tins without leaving sharp edges on the lid or can, much cleaner and safer than traditional openers

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a lot of people I have a draw full ..., 26 July 2014
Like a lot of people I have a draw full of useless can openers. I was fed up with buying can openers that were not up to the job so I decided to take a chance and buy what appeared to be the most expensive hand operated can opener in the world. Up to now I have opened 6 cans with it. The handle turns easily when connected to the can and it removes the lid. Perfect, no bits still attached, no sharp edges and the lid can be put back on. Up to now amazing as it actually works.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of a kind, 26 July 2013
The best Tin opener I have come accross in the last 50 years.
Best thing next to sliced Bread.
I will buy more for friends X-mas presents.

Fissler Magic Edition Line 2008118 Tin Opener