5.0 out of 5 stars A Desert Island Disc this one..
Published on 25 Sept. 2005 by Mark C

3.0 out of 5 stars bit disappointing
not as good as I had hoped - had bought it because I had just heard 'if I ever leave this world alive' and hoped to get more of the same, but alas most of the songs are not as good.
Published on 7 April 2013 by slatelady1

5.0 out of 5 stars A Desert Island Disc this one.., 25 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Within A Mile Of Home (Audio CD)
I often think, as you do, ridiculous thoughts like, if I was stuck on a desert island with just a discman (or whatever) and a limitless supply of batteries, what albums would I need? Well, I won't bore you with my list but it's short and Within A Mile Of Home is, needless to say, on it. I've had it a couple of months now, so that's not me being faddy and shows how much I think it is worthy of praise to do so now. One reviewer said FM are all the Pogues ever were and more. As painful it is to admit, I would have to agree. This is a very accomplished group of musicians who can write and play a damn fine tune.
So, how good are they? Well, if you like folk metal (or whatever it is they're calling it this week) here's a clue...
I have been a big fan of the Dropkick Murphys for a few years now and haven't had the chance to see them live. I'd give an arm and a leg for the opportunity. My wife said to me the other day (as a wind up it turned out) the DKMs and FM are playing on the same night, how's that for luck? Which would you rather see? FM won hands down.
I found the band through the 'People who bought this also...' bit on this site and thought I'd give one album a go, so bought Drunken Lullabies. That album didn't leave my CD tray until Swagger and Within A Mile turned up a week or so later, waiting for payday as I was. Swagger is a bit hit and miss but there is enough there to justify buying the thing.
So, this album. I'm not going to comment on individual tracks otherwide I'll be here all day. There is not a single track that I do not like or tend to skip and I don't think I can honestly say that's ever happened before in twenty odd years of buying records. So, it gets 5 stars... another first.

5.0 out of 5 stars Within a Mile from Home..., 26 Sept. 2004
This review is from: Within A Mile Of Home (Audio CD)
You have to love this band - anyone that can combine Punk Rock with traditional Irish folk music and come out smelling of roses has to have a great talent. This album will be released on September 27th and I believe that it will have mass appeal due to its amazing blend of Irish folk and punk rock.
While listening to this album you can't help but dance as the band belt their way through every single track at a million miles an hour. The music that Flogging Molly produce is absolutely infectious and will have you singing along for weeks - a truly inspirational, exciting, and fun album that will be entering your CD player at parties for years to come. There are 15 amazing tracks on this album and not a single one of them fails to impress. The fact that the band have mandolin, accordion, fiddle, and whistle really make them truly original and all the more fun to listen to. You will be left wanting more after this album comes to an end as it is just so enjoyable! I think you really have to listen to the album in its entirety to fully appreciate this masterpiece as to take a track out singularly and listen to it on its own would be an injustice to the band and the hard work that they have obviously put in to making this album flow. Obviously all the tracks are good in their own right and every single one of these tracks could easily be a number 1, but I feel that as an album is where they all truly shine.
Flogging Molly in 'Within A Mile From Home' have created a perfect album that you can easily sit there for an hour listening to without doing anything else at the same time as their music alone is enough to keep you fully entertained. There is just so much to gain from this album and take in - on first listen you will not be able to take everything in and no matter how many times you listen to it you will find yourself noticing something you had missed on previous listens and continually be impressed and exposed to new and exciting things. This is the perfect album to get drunk to, but would also be a great one to listen to in a time of unhappiness as it contains a perfect track list to raise your spirits and cheer you right back up again.
This is most certainly one of the best and probably most inspirational Punk Rock bands around at the moment, if not of all time. Every track just seems to sound absolutely perfect and as an album this truly is a fine piece of art. I think that Flogging Molly are one of those bands that occupy a special place in everyone's heart with their fun, enthusiastic, Irish Folk fuelled Punk Rock music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Irish Folk Punk Still Rocks!!!, 29 Sept. 2004
This review is from: Within A Mile Of Home (Audio CD)
Having got into the band through the song "Drunken Lullabies" which was included on Tony Hawks Pro skater 3 (or 4 it doesn't really matter) I was pleasantly suprised by the variety of tempo and mood that this band has played on previos albums. This new album is a well honed emotional journey that shows how Flogging Molly has come to be the new Pouges and then some (though they must get annoyed with that reference). Tracks such as "Tobacco Island" and "The Seven Deadly Sins" show the more upbeat stylings while the mournful and a' cappello (yet short) "The Wrong Company" brings a tear to any eye. You wont be tapping your toes you'll be doing a full jig!

5.0 out of 5 stars Celtic Punk Folk Rock, 21 July 2006
This review is from: Within A Mile Of Home (Audio CD)
I first heard Flogging Molly about 2 years ago. I was up late one friday night watching a music show called "Rage" (an Australian version of M.T.V), i started nodding off (due to bordom) until i was awoken by a song called "Seven Deadly Sins" blasting through my t.v screen, the song totally caught my ear. Very fast, tight, pacey and melodic. If you like a more punk version of The Pogues then you`ll love this album. I`m a very big fan of this new crossover punk with folk music. Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys rule.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xmas son in law gift, 10 Jan. 2014
Mrs. S. Brownsea (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Within A Mile Of Home (Audio CD)
It was on his request list so he got what he wanted. He played the CD all day! He loves it.

3.0 out of 5 stars bit disappointing, 7 April 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Flogging Molly= Greatness, 3 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Within A Mile Of Home (Audio CD)
This was my first venture into the world of flogging molly, and i'm so glad that i chose to step into this fantastic world of theirs. I loved the second song, seven deadly sins, so much that i bought i hi-fi system to play it on, rather that sticking to my old method of burning it onto my laptop and putting it on my MP4. It's that good. Very highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to love the seven deadly sins, 13 Feb. 2009
VRParker (Uckfield, East Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Within A Mile Of Home (Audio CD)
This is undoubtedly the best album by Flogging Molly, track 2 the Seven Deadly Sins is an addictive song and like the rest of the ulbum will leave you begging for more (sorry about the cheesyness. All fans of this Irish punk band or anyone who loves a right laugh you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 12 Jan. 2012
This review is from: Within A Mile Of Home (Audio CD)
I think this is the best Flogging Molly's album ever - I mean almost all the tracks are my favourite, normally its just 3-4.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 Aug. 2014
Top drawer as usual

Within A Mile Of Home
Within A Mile Of Home by Flogging Molly (Audio CD - 2007)