on 13 April 2005
I agree with all the other reviewers on the many positives that this model has in its favour. However some criticism is warranted. Firstly, in bright conditions it is virtually impossible to see anything on the monitor, and secondly, the bodywork scratches way too easily. Tightening and loosening my tripod has left some ugly scars on the bottom front of the camera.
on 23 January 2005
Having trawled the net looking for camera reviews
I bit the bullet and went for this camera.
I know a little about cameras but you don't have to with this one.
Put it in Auto and click.
Great battery life,photos which I sent to tesco's for developing
came back a good as a good SLR.
The memory sticks are so cheap with 1GB around £60.
I have no critisisms(?) and would thoroughly recommend this camera.
Craigy.walling@tesco.net
on 26 February 2006
this is my first digitial camera. recommended by a friend and it is fab. up and running in 3 mins from time i opened the box. ordered from amazon and recieved within 24 hours. very very pleased. good point and shoot. plus great zoom. auto or easily choose your own settings.
on 19 December 2009
Had this camera for sometime now & It's never let me down takes great pictures better than the Samsung 10 MP I got as a present, Battery life is brilliant just seems to go on for ever..
on 25 January 2007
Have had our camera for a couple of years now. Originally bought it because I had a Canon film SLR and it had the same functions on it (it can be used either as an automatic or manual). So in that respect it has been easy to get to know and use. Pictures are OK, but err towards the "snappy" side even on manual mode. My biggest gripe however, is that there is a delay of up to several seconds between pressing the button and it taking the photo. In many circumstances this isn't a problem, but when you're trying to take a photo of a fidgetty toddler, you miss it every time, and half the time they aren't even in the frame by the time the camera has actually taken the image. For me, this makes the camera pretty useless but if you want to use it for less spontaneous shots, then it is OK.
on 15 October 2014
didn't last long
on 13 August 2004
The camera is very slow. It is so slow it keeps the flash for too long causing a change of facial expression and closure of the subject's eyes in every picture. Also quality of the pictures on max size and quality settings is far behind what I would expect from Canon. It is ugliest camera I have ever seen. Do not recomend it to anyone.