5.0 out of 5 stars How do you rate something 6 stars? Teddy you are Awesome!
I first heard the amazing voice of Teddy Pendergrass on a compilation album. The track 'Turn off the lights', to use a metaphor, just rocked my boat.

Published on 13 Mar 2007 by edd101

3.0 out of 5 stars A smooth album
I heard one of Teddy's songs on the radio and had hear he passed away. I decided to buy this album and am not disappointed. There are so many hits on there I know, but didn't know it was Teddy Pendergrass. I listen to this in the car with my loved one, and we both enjoy it.
Published on 26 Mar 2010 by J. E. Callender

5.0 out of 5 stars How do you rate something 6 stars? Teddy you are Awesome!, 13 Mar 2007
This review is from: Love TKO - The Very Best of Teddy Pendergrass (Audio CD)

Then, out of the blue there was the theme music for muller yoghurts on T.V, which used the theme from Love T.K.O, which of course is on this album too (and i thought wasn't too bad). So i gave this album a go!

Like 'Seal' had to find fame under the guise of 'Adamski', Teddy too was the voice behind another act more commonly known as 'Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes'. If you have heard, like so many people, 'Don't leave me this way', 'If you don't know me by now' and 'The love I lost', then you may not know until now, that the initial voice on these recordings is the man himself.

Teddy's voice is just so silky smooth and would rate it in my top three male voices of all time, and no Chris Martin's voice of 'Coldplay' is not up there!

This album, i could seriously not live without and whoever put the track selection together needs a nighthood. Well done to you sir (or madam)

Definately, an album to put your feet up to and sip a glass of wine after a hard day at work. How can music get better than this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth soul at its best, 31 Oct 2009
M. Sephton (Nottinghamshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love TKO - The Very Best of Teddy Pendergrass (Audio CD)
Mr Teddy Pendegrass has won me over yet again with an album that exudes soul, I drove from my homtown to London listening to this CD and can say that it surely helped the miles go down with ease. If you already love soul or need an introduction this album is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sublime, 2 Feb 2010
M. J. Paul (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love TKO - The Very Best of Teddy Pendergrass (Audio CD)
I purchased after the genius that is Teddy died. I have most of his albums on vinyl but wanted a collection for the car. I had forgotten how sublime this man is - and was. This album is track after track of beautiful, soulful music - Be Sure making me melt, i'll never tire of this mans voice.

A perfect "greatest hits" compilation. Just buy. Teddy you will be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great listening, 19 Jun 2013
Mr. Anthony Paynter (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love TKO - The Very Best of Teddy Pendergrass (Audio CD)
Great voice, lovely to hear him again, both as himself and the songs that made Harold Melvin & the Bluenotes famous.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure quality grooves !, 28 May 2013
This review is from: Love TKO - The Very Best of Teddy Pendergrass (Audio CD)
Pure quality grooves as you'd expect from one of the masters of the soul smoocher ! Silky smooth vocals supported by flawless production make this a must have for any admirer of finest quality soul music ! This kind of music was not produced on a formulaic production line as with many current releases.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 14 May 2012
by Jan Jan - Love TKO - the Very Best of Teddy Pendergrass.

Without a doubt this was what I was looking for - truly soulful sounds. If you want to kick back with the one you love (or just by yourself), then don't mess around - get this today. The cost is not going to break the bank balance and will do a whole heap of good for the Soul. Enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent vibes from a master soul singer!, 16 Jan 2012
This review is from: Love TKO - The Very Best of Teddy Pendergrass (Audio CD)
Words fail to express the brilliance of Teddy Pendergrass. My partner and I absolutely love this album! Ten out of ten!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars This IS the Very Best, 20 Jun 2011
This review is from: Love TKO - The Very Best of Teddy Pendergrass (Audio CD)
You can't get better than this! Teddy's warm chocolate, sensuous voice singing the emotions we've all felt, and with wonderful arrangements and backing. Perfect for a steamy night in or just loving on your own!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Great, 12 April 2011
Judy T. Keith "J Keith" (London.UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Love TKO - The Very Best of Teddy Pendergrass (Audio CD)
It's been a long time since I've heard this album and forgotten just how good it is, so glad I was still able to get a copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars soul it through the night, 27 April 2014
susie (UK: CLAPHAM) - See all my reviews
WOW if you enjoy your soul enjoy this classic track. Soul is the heart of all of us when we feel.

Love TKO - The Very Best of Teddy Pendergrass
Love TKO - The Very Best of Teddy Pendergrass by Teddy Pendergrass (Audio CD - 2004)