4.0 out of 5 stars Destiny Fulfilled..?
I'm listening to this album now, after having had it for a few weeks. To be honest, I absolutely despised this album when I first listened to it and found myself only being able to tollerate the first two singles: "Lose My Breath" and "Soldier" which had been my main reason for buying it.
Published on 17 Mar 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars disapoing
Published on 20 Nov 2004 by Colin P. Evans

4.0 out of 5 stars Destiny Fulfilled..?, 17 Mar 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Destiny Fulfilled (Audio CD)
However, this album does actually grow on you and when you learn to appreciate it, it's then that you can fully understand Destiny's Child's development as women. It's true that this album is completely different from the massively successful Survivor, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I think that Destiny Fulfilled definitely succeeds in reaching a new, more mature range of listeners.
Their target audience from the days of The Writing's On The Wall have matured and the fact that Destiny's Child are simply moving on with the times can't be a bad thing surely.
I'll let you be the judge of whether or not their destiny has actually been "fulfilled" or not, but I think that this is undoubtedly a great attempt at producing an album full of new material, following the vast success the group has already achieved with their previous albums. Thanks for taking the time to read my review of this product!

3.0 out of 5 stars disapoing, 20 Nov 2004
This review is from: Destiny Fulfilled (Audio CD)
before i got this album i read some of the other reviews about this record and found some very misleading and others very truthfull. considering their brilliant form on the previous 4 albums they have tried to change their music and done it very badly. trying to change from poppy rnb to a more grown up rnb is very hard and the girls should have taken ideas from aaliyah who did it very well before her death. the only standout tracks i found were lose my breath, soldier and through with love. if u want an album full of stomping tracks u would be better getin the writtings on the wall where there are no filler tracks unlike this cd. while beyonce has previously had the lead vocals she is still in the lead but kelly and michelle sing the odd verse now and again which isnt a bad thing as obviously beyonce is the most talented member of the group. the album is filled with slushy ballads, and considering i am not a fan of ballads at all i find myself skiping most of the songs. this is a very bad let down 2 all of the fans who were expecting the up beat songs they are famous for. if you are a fan of DC this review will most probably not stop u buying the cd but if u are planning on getting this cd on the strength of lose my breath i would advise you 2 buy the single. the album is only 12 songs long and i have heard that DC recorded over 70 tracks for this album i wonder how bad those songs must have been not to make it on here. the only reason i hav given this album 3* is that lose my breath, soldier (the next single)and through with love are excellent songs and it shows how DC can preform like on jumpin' jumpin', say my name, survivor and bootylicious.

2.0 out of 5 stars Big Hype...Big Disappointment, 17 Nov 2004
This review is from: Destiny Fulfilled (Audio CD)
I'll have to agree with the other reviews in that expected something big from DC and sorry to say this but i'm left very disappointed with this album. In fact the only reason why i have given it 2 stars is because of "Lose My Breath". The other songs are forgetable except for "Cater 2 U" (which the intro of this song is featured on the new McDonalds advert). My advice is to just buy "Lose My Breath" and save the rest of your money.

3.0 out of 5 stars Destiny's Child take a different direction, 2 April 2010
Jennifer Malsingh (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Destiny Fulfilled (Audio CD)
I have loved every single one of Destiny's Child's previous albums, so I was looking forward to getting this one. However, the girls have taken a very different direction on this album, and old fans may be a little disappointed. "Soldier" and "Lose my breath" (my fav track on the album) are in line with their old, upbeat sound. However, the rest of the album takes a much more ballad-y, grown up tone than any of their previous work. This is not necessarily a bad thing, and it's a good thing that their sound is maturing and changing, but I think it's caught out a lot of people who bought this album expecting instantly memorable hits like "Survivor", "Jumpin" and "Independent woman". Give it a chance though, because there's not anything wrong with the smooth, chilled out songs on this album, they just take a bit of time to grow on you.

3.0 out of 5 stars Two Ends of the Spectrum, 8 Jan 2005
This review is from: Destiny Fulfilled (Audio CD)
Released hot off the heels of Beyonce's mammouth success as a solo artist, "Destiny Fulfilled" is the fourth original album from the girl group that have been top of the R&B Babes for nearly 6 years now. Believed by many to be the group's last album before the call for solo recording becomes too loud for Beyonce and her bandmates to ignore, this LP will be seen as a fond fairwell by some, but a good riddance by others.
A quick listen to the 12 new tracks here quickly reveals which of three women is in control of the group's sound. The Beyonce trademark can be heard throughout the album [And also seen in the shape of a "True Star", the beauty's perfume, advert flyer inside the case]. And this trademark is one of classic sounding R&B and love fuelled lyrics and meanings. Strangely, this trademark is both the album's greatest strengths and it's greatest weakness. Simply put, when done correctly this sound is a joy. Tracks like "Is She The Reason?", "Through With Love" and "Bad Habit" are stunning to the ears and reveal new and refined vocal ability from each of the three women (Particually improved is the, in places, stunningly distinctive voice of Kelly Rowland). But on the other hand, long drawn out tracks like "Cater 2 U", "Game Over" and "T-Shirt" are the kind of self-indulgent slush that are to blame for Beyonce's solo debut falling just short of greatness. But there are more positive elements of the album, with tracks like "Lose My Breath", "Soldier" and "Girl" displaying the sort of high-end production and writing that have made the group's name in the past and that have secured thier previous releases a place in the R&B Hall of Fame.
In the end though, much of the tracks here will end up unplayed and skipped through at every listen. It's such a shame, because what the album does well it does to perfection, but the handful of poor and lacklustre tracks here destory an otherwise amazing vibe to the CD. Perhaps the speedy release of this album are to blame for the bad tracks here, or maybe they are testiment to talent that's there but is yet to blossom. Either way, this album is, all said and done, 50% good and 50% forgettable, and for fans who have come to expect the best - that's not going to be enough.

2.0 out of 5 stars Their destiny is so not fulfilled..., 31 Dec 2004
This review is from: Destiny Fulfilled (Audio CD)
When I heard in August DC where back in November I was overcome with glee!!!! After getting this album for christmas my glee soon disapeared. Most of the tracks are weak at best, all mid-tempo dare I say it ALBUM FILLERS! Loose My Breath, Girl and Through With Love are the only saving graces. Although it is great to see Kelly and Michelle getting some lead vocals they always seem to be after Beyonce has done the majority of the song(I guess some things never change) To conclude Buy it if you're a die-hard fan if not don't bother!

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Melodies, 9 Dec 2004
This review is from: Destiny Fulfilled (Audio CD)
Just got my copy of Destiny Fulfilled taday and was prepared for a disappointing album because that was all i had heard about it. But I have to say that it is a lovely album. Great harmonies, songs and lyrics. It is their most mature album to date and it shows how much they have grown as women.
I wish Michelle had more verses though. Her voice is very soothing. And i love Kelly's new look and her voice has matured too. I loved her song 'Bad habits'. And Beyonce - still brilliant!!

4.0 out of 5 stars DC3 R Bac', 17 Nov 2004
This review is from: Destiny Fulfilled (Audio CD)
Michelle,Beyonce,Kelly r bac with an album packed with stunning vocals n chillin grooves. I love DC3 n i loved all of the girls solo stuff especially Michelle's 'do you know' album-brilliant-a shame she gets less recognition despite her more distinctive voice. This album hasnt quite got the punch of 'Survivor' or the older stuff but is still a great album definetly reflecting the ladies growth.
Highlights; 'Loose my Breath' 'Soldier' 'Girl' 'Through With Love' 'If' -stunning vocals on that track - highlights michelles talent !
If your a DC fan you gottabuy this album, it's worth it !
Im going seeing them in June 2005 and CAN WAIT !!!! LUV DC !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic Destiny's Child, 20 Dec 2004
This review is from: Destiny Fulfilled (Audio CD)
At first, I wasn't sure...I'd heard Lose my Breath and I thought the album would sound like their previous albums. But now that I've listened to it a lot, I absolutely love it. Its so classic, I know I will be listening to it for many years to come. This album shows off the amazing vocal talents of Beyonce, and I have fallen in love with Michelle's voice on this album. This album seems like a mixture of the girls individaul sounds. Michelle has an amazing voice, and this album has some really great soul songs which really suit her, Beyonce and Kelly. You can't rate this album on one listen, it really is a great album and very personal. I love it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't help feeling a little frustrated !!, 8 Nov 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Destiny Fulfilled (Audio CD)
I have had the opportunity to listen to the entire new DC's album and I have to say I was quite disappointed by the whole thing .
At 12 tracks , it is much shorter than the last 2 classic albums they have released.. This is not really important , however , due to the numbers of tracks , you'd expect that there would be no filler and quite a few stand out tracks. Unfortunately , it isn't the case.
If , like me , you have come to like DC for their catchy, contegious tunes , you are in for a surprise : no "bug-a-boo" , no "Bootylicious" , not even anything remotively exciting !!
I agree that artists must and will change , and that their musical direction will evolve in one way or the other.. This has taken the completely wrong turn. Apart from "lose my breath" , the rest of the albums is made of mid-tempo , slow , middle of the road songs that didn't do anything to me whatsoever..
To their credits , the girls are on fine voices , and both Michelle and Kelly's vocals are far more important that in previous recordings , which is a very good thing (Beyonce's vibrato can get tiresome after a while).
I was really happy they were coming back but , after listening to this albums , I wished they didn't ..

Destiny Fulfilled
Destiny Fulfilled by Destiny's Child (Audio CD - 2004)