4.7 out of 5 stars1,412

on 7 January 2006
This was a lovely gift for my son, he was 5 months and loved to lie down on his mat and kick the buttons, by 6 months he was sitting in front of it unaided and pushing the buttons, by 8 months I would prop it against the sofa and he would climb up the front to stand in front and play with the higher buttons and by 9 months he was pushing it around. Now he is 15 months and he still loves it. He still plays with the buttons and the phone and despite the use it has had it still looks new. I have not yet seen a design better than this in all the baby clubs we go to. This is the best walker on the market.

The wheels don't lock (none do) the idea is to use it for support when cruising and it's not a walker in the sense of the sit in style, so the baby must be quite steady and strong on their feet before attempting to push it along. It must be used with supervision, as not surprisingly the wheels will roll if the child pushes it, I found it quite sturdy.
44 comments|256 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 December 2012
This is a great toy for little one. We purchased this when our little one was 7 1/2 months old. She loved the various activities available on the front panel, and quickly started to use the walker to stand (note: she was already able to stand up by herself whilst holding on to something).

Obviously, the key function of this toy is to help Baby take her first steps. This works wonderfully - on carpet. As other reviewers have pointed out, the wheels slip and don't spin on slick surface (e.g., wooden floors). So when out little one started using the walker to walk (10 months old), its use was limited to carpeted areas of our flat. Worse, when she tried her luck on wooden floors, she lost confidence. Even on carpet, the walker was sometimes too fast for our baby.

Having checked reviews for other walkers, this seems to be a widespread issue with walkers.

Luckily, there is a solution.

I fitted the wheels with "homemade tyres". I put a few elastic bands on each wheel, kept in place by 3 thin strips of duck tape. Obviously, there is no need to ensure the elastic bands sit perfectly flat on the wheels. Quite the opposite actually,
This set up does the trick nicely. The walker's wheels now spin properly on every surface, and our little one can go wherever she wants.
0Comment|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 December 2014
This toy is just great. Super value as it adapts to baby as they begin to walk. My 6 month old boy is completely fascinated with it and it gives me great joy to see him so content playing with his new toy! A+
review image
on 24 May 2006
My son got this at Christmas when he was 9 months - hasn't used it yet as a walker but he loves the activity board on it which can be removed from the walker so its handy to put in the cot for entertainment or to put in the car. The tunes are lively and they don't get too annoying even after the 1000th time on hearing them!
on 29 May 2010
There were 118 other reviews when I wrote this one. Not sure what else you need to hear!!! It's the one everyone buys - we have it and so do 3 of our friends. It's a great walker, interactive on the front (which you can remove as a separate toy) and very durable, which it needs to be. Our little girl loves it. It seems VTech are the new Fisher Price these days. If you've read this far you've made your decision, just go buy it!!!
on 22 September 2007
Pros: we bought this baby-walker about 2 weeks ago for our 8 m.o. daughter. she was already standing firmly on her legs and she also was able to move her feet in an attempt to walk, but nothing by herself. since then, she progressed impressively fastly and she now can 'walk' alone ... under a strict surveillance. the toy is just the right height&width.the interactive board is also quite entertaining & she likes lights and buttons, activities are good too with 2 educational modes (music and ABC). easy to handle & carry, it should be used quite often in many situations & independently from the walker.

Cons: nothing really serious... at the beginning it must be used under a strict surveillance as the baby will sooner or later fall (when tired or because of balance). when the baby falls or moves backwards, the toy might be pulled backwards at the same time(would be better if could be weighted on the front) but no risk of getting hurt with it as it's only made of light plastic. there's no way to 'block' the wheels unless we place it against an obstacle. but on the other hand, it's a great exercise to learn balance. so, as long as the baby is not walking firmly, it must be used under a close control.
0Comment|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 October 2008
I have just received this product and it is truly amazing - and such good value! The activity centre has 2 settings - musical and educational - there are so many things to do on each setting that it will keep my son amused for ages. The fact that it is a walker as well is such a bonus. My son is only 4 months now but wants to stand already and gets frustrated - this has kept him happy!
on 22 January 2007
Bought this for my 11 month old daughter and she absolutely loves it. She was already cruising the furniture but this has helped her confidence in walking, which she is doing now just a few weeks later. The toy has a great range of sounds and music, and in an English accented voice rather than American like some of the other toys out there. Combines music, numbers and speech for a wide variety of interactive playtimes. Durable and bright, this will provide hours of entertainment for your child - my friend's 2 year old still enjoys playing with it. Highly recommended!
on 20 December 2004
This baby walker is excellent for little ones just about to walk. My little boy loves rampaging about the house in his walker. The detachable activity centre, I wouldn't rate so high. It is okay, but the music and tunes can get a little annoying after hearing the "hello puppy calling" song and hear the voice chirp "let's rock & roll!" or "dance to the island beat!" over and over again.
on 5 June 2014
Bought this for my little one as he started cruising. It is great with lots of interesting things for him to play with - but it is very noisy, annoyingly so! The main downside is you can't isolate the different features, so the child may start to play with the little keyboard, but if they pause for too long (about a couple of seconds) between pressing another one, one of the other musical jingles will kick in! It also randomly starts playing its music when no one is near it or playing with it, great if you've forgotten it's on! Apart from that it was a great walker for my toddler, as it was quite light weight (which some may see as a disadvantage as it can wizz along depending on your flooring -we have carpet, so it is not too bad), however my friend did loan us a traditional wooden walker with the bricks and as my little one got more proficient he found he could only go in a straight line, with this one he was able to turn it and change direction, much better in my opinion - although not as 'nice' to look at as the wooden ones.