5.0 out of 5 stars Have your cake and eat it
Published on 5 Mar. 2011 by Mr. Raedwulf Ingham

3.0 out of 5 stars Arrived on time, top E broke after 2 days...
They arrived on time, which was great.
But I restrung my guitar with the pack, tuned up slowly, making sure not to put too much strain on the strings straight away, especially the high E (thinnest string). Eventually got to standard tuning and rehearsed at home with my guitar, recorded using my guitar. Fine... PLayed a gig a day later and the string snapped during a...
Published 23 months ago by Laith

5.0 out of 5 stars Have your cake and eat it, 5 Mar. 2011
Mr. Raedwulf Ingham (Cumbria,England) - See all my reviews
These Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky strings are the dogs b***ocks. I use Fender guitars, Strats to be exact.Heavier gauge strings can be like cables on a Strat, with the ensuing tendonitis problems.I used to use Regular Slinky strings which sound amazing.These Hybrid slinky strings combine the treble strings from the Super Slinky range and the round wound bass strings from the regular slinky range. This allows for the bottom end 'grunt' you will get from a heavier gauge string.Married to the Super slinky top strings which bend easier,and accentuate that characteristic 'slap'valued by many Strat fans. This creates a 'win,win' situation. Even the overall string tension is very even. I couldn't recommend them more.Ideal for blues or metal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!- Must have for any guitarist!, 10 Feb. 2009
The "Ernie Ball Power slinky 2220 electric guitar strings" are great for any guitarist. I tend to find that the power slinky strings excel in playing distorted rock or heavy metal (basically they are great for playing power chords).

5.0 out of 5 stars Beefy Slinky, 22 Feb. 2010
T. Ellis - See all my reviews
I purchased these as a one off as getting back into playing guitar, and they perfict in every way. The sound is very clear crisp and when you need to bend hammer on and push out those riffs, they are the best I have used. Infact I dont know why I didnt use them before, they won't let you down.Beefy Slinky Electric Guitar Strings: Nickelwound 11's (.011 - .054)

5.0 out of 5 stars Chunky Badboys, 11 Oct. 2009
B. E. Galliver (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Does what it says on the tin/packet really.

Gives some beef!

Great for people who detune alot like me and these still hold a great tone and resonance.

The G string is alot less "twangy" in comparison to thinner gauge strings aswell which makes a nice change.

Ernie ball can't really go wrong with strings and if your looking for beefy full tone, these are ideal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ernie ball shaking heavy!!!, 1 July 2010
My band and I wanted to do some songs in a different tuning, and our vocalist said we should drop down to C.
I did have 11's on first time round and they were a bit floppy, so i hunted down some fatter strings and came out with these bad boys. Now I'm tuned real heavy but my string are as tight as 9's or 10's.
I more than urge you to buy em, hell i want to endorse em.
Just remember to adaapt your nut cause the 56 can break it.

5.0 out of 5 stars These do the job., 7 Jun. 2009
From .009 upwards, these fellas are light, easy to bend, work well with tremolos and sound great on any electric guitar.

For Stratocaster users, they've got the 'quack' sound that is so lusted after.

They're not the cheapest strings around, but they're hardly expensive, and decent (and new) strings do make such a difference to a guitar.

Ernie Ball have been making Slinky 9s since the Pleistocene era (well, for decades) and I wholeheartedly recommend them. And I haven't ever had them go astray in the post.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great strings, 14 Sept. 2009
These are my preference of strings that i tend to always go for, the are eleven guage meaning they are of medium weight,
so can be used for any style of playing, but i find them good for getting a nice thick tone when playing some heavy music,
been using them for 8 months of playing everyday basically ( i know i should change them) but they still sound good
and haven't broken so would definately recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Make a huge difference to sound and playability, 21 Feb. 2010
S. Munir (UK) - See all my reviews
Having bought a Stratocaster a few months back, I'v been playing with Peavey 9's and was loving the sound and flexibility of the strings. However, once I broke a pair I thought I'd give Ernie Ball's a go. The result has been fantastic, almost as if im playing an entirely different strat. These strings give the perfect brightness and tone which works well with all effects and the flexibility is already improving my playing. A highly recommended product for any guitarist!Super Slinky Electric Guitar Strings: Nickelwound 9's (.009 - .042)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good For Drop Tunings, 18 Feb. 2010
Great quality strings that last well. Great for lower drop tunings such as 'C' or 'B'. They have a great tone as well, there are no other strings that drop tune this well. They are also good for regular tunings, with a bit more low-end.

5.0 out of 5 stars Having a Ball with Ernie, 27 April 2011
Mr. J. BROWN (UK) - See all my reviews
Ernie' Ball (born Sherwood Roland Ball) was a musician and guitar seller hailing from California. Although he passed away in 2004, Ball's musical accessories are still sold across the globe, and renowned not only for their quality, but also for their affordability. The Ernie Ball brand is perhaps most famous for its Super, Extra, and Regular Slinky Strings, and today i'm taking a look at the latter. Legend has it that Slinky strings were developed in the 60's when Mr Ball noticed that the budding rock n' roll musicians of the day were having difficulty playing the third string of their guitars. At the time, the third string was typically of a wound construction and therefore thicker than necessary. Basically, Ball revolutionised guitar strings by bringing a thinner gauge across the range, making them easier to bend and ultimately more compatible with the genre of music that the decade was most famous for.

Constructed from nickel-plated steel (which has become the norm for Rock music), the strings are of the following gauges - 010 (top E), .013 (A), .017 (D), .026 (G), .036 (B), and .046 (bottom E). The strings are thicker than both Extra and Super Slinky, but still remain easy to bend and a pleasure to play. I find that the strings are light to the touch and are better to strum with than Super Slinkys. Like the other Ernie Ball strings that I have used in the past, the strings return a bright and clear sound with a pleasant tone. In my personal experience i've found that Regular Slinky strings last a long time, with the top E string (notorious for snapping first), time and time again surprising me with its longevity. In terms of value for money, even though they are more expensive, Ernie Ball strings last a lot longer than the ultra cheap strings from third-party brands which you can pick up on eBay. I think the impressive lifespan of Regular Slinkys comes from the fact that they're made from high quality materials, or "the finest materials around", if you are to believe the blurb on the website.

Overall, I would highly recommend these excellent guitar strings as affordable and long lasting bits 'o metal. They're easy to play (whether you're a picker or a strummer), and will suit both novices and pros alike. You only need to look at the list of guitarists who have used these strings (Slash, Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Steve Vai to name but a few) to know that you're dealing with a quality product.

Ernie Ball 2221 Regular Slinky 10-46 String Set