5.0 out of 5 stars Make a huge difference to sound and playability
Published on 21 Feb 2010 by S. Munir

3.0 out of 5 stars Slightly twangy
might get some more mellow strings next time. Excellent for stratocasters and telecasters however. Ernie Ball strings are my favorite brand by a mile
Published 2 months ago by Charlie Deeley

5.0 out of 5 stars Make a huge difference to sound and playability, 21 Feb 2010
S. Munir (UK) - See all my reviews
Having bought a Stratocaster a few months back, I'v been playing with Peavey 9's and was loving the sound and flexibility of the strings. However, once I broke a pair I thought I'd give Ernie Ball's a go. The result has been fantastic, almost as if im playing an entirely different strat. These strings give the perfect brightness and tone which works well with all effects and the flexibility is already improving my playing. A highly recommended product for any guitarist!Super Slinky Electric Guitar Strings: Nickelwound 9's (.009 - .042)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product!- Must have for any guitarist!, 10 Feb 2009
The "Ernie Ball Power slinky 2220 electric guitar strings" are great for any guitarist. I tend to find that the power slinky strings excel in playing distorted rock or heavy metal (basically they are great for playing power chords).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great strings, 14 Sep 2009
These are my preference of strings that i tend to always go for, the are eleven guage meaning they are of medium weight,
so can be used for any style of playing, but i find them good for getting a nice thick tone when playing some heavy music,
been using them for 8 months of playing everyday basically ( i know i should change them) but they still sound good
and haven't broken so would definately recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chunky Badboys, 11 Oct 2009
B. E. Galliver (Hampshire, England) - See all my reviews
Does what it says on the tin/packet really.

Gives some beef!

Great for people who detune alot like me and these still hold a great tone and resonance.

The G string is alot less "twangy" in comparison to thinner gauge strings aswell which makes a nice change.

Ernie ball can't really go wrong with strings and if your looking for beefy full tone, these are ideal!

5.0 out of 5 stars Have your cake and eat it, 5 Mar 2011
Mr. Raedwulf Ingham (Cumbria,England) - See all my reviews
These Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky strings are the dogs b***ocks. I use Fender guitars, Strats to be exact.Heavier gauge strings can be like cables on a Strat, with the ensuing tendonitis problems.I used to use Regular Slinky strings which sound amazing.These Hybrid slinky strings combine the treble strings from the Super Slinky range and the round wound bass strings from the regular slinky range. This allows for the bottom end 'grunt' you will get from a heavier gauge string.Married to the Super slinky top strings which bend easier,and accentuate that characteristic 'slap'valued by many Strat fans. This creates a 'win,win' situation. Even the overall string tension is very even. I couldn't recommend them more.Ideal for blues or metal.

5.0 out of 5 stars These do the job., 7 Jun 2009
From .009 upwards, these fellas are light, easy to bend, work well with tremolos and sound great on any electric guitar.

For Stratocaster users, they've got the 'quack' sound that is so lusted after.

They're not the cheapest strings around, but they're hardly expensive, and decent (and new) strings do make such a difference to a guitar.

Ernie Ball have been making Slinky 9s since the Pleistocene era (well, for decades) and I wholeheartedly recommend them. And I haven't ever had them go astray in the post.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ernie ball shaking heavy!!!, 1 July 2010
My band and I wanted to do some songs in a different tuning, and our vocalist said we should drop down to C.
I did have 11's on first time round and they were a bit floppy, so i hunted down some fatter strings and came out with these bad boys. Now I'm tuned real heavy but my string are as tight as 9's or 10's.
I more than urge you to buy em, hell i want to endorse em.
Just remember to adaapt your nut cause the 56 can break it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beefy Slinky, 22 Feb 2010
T. Ellis - See all my reviews
I purchased these as a one off as getting back into playing guitar, and they perfict in every way. The sound is very clear crisp and when you need to bend hammer on and push out those riffs, they are the best I have used. Infact I dont know why I didnt use them before, they won't let you down.Beefy Slinky Electric Guitar Strings: Nickelwound 11's (.011 - .054)

5.0 out of 5 stars Ernie ball regular slinky, 13 Oct 2010
Brilliant tone and sound from these strings!.... If they're good enough for the likes of Slash and Eric Clapton they're definately the strings for me!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good For Drop Tunings, 18 Feb 2010
Great quality strings that last well. Great for lower drop tunings such as 'C' or 'B'. They have a great tone as well, there are no other strings that drop tune this well. They are also good for regular tunings, with a bit more low-end.