5.0 out of 5 stars Simply a great song, 18 Sep 2004
This review is from: Bedshaped (Audio CD)
I'd heard Keane's first two singles and thought "I'll check their album out eventually", but as soon as I heard Bedshaped I was hooked. It was the first time in years that I have heard a song and then gone out and bought the single - not for just the B-sides or to support an artist - but because I genuinely loved the song.
The B-sides are good - I still haven't got the album so I can't compare quality.
The video is strange but very well made, and an excellent addition to the CD.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 9 Sep 2004
This review is from: Bedshaped (Audio CD)
I have to admit as much as I love this song and it's video, it can be really sad if you are feeling down. (It made me cry the first time I saw/heard it.)
Putting that aside it is a beautiful song and an amazing video. It stayed with me because of the origionality and the touching sentiment. Definatly a fave!

5.0 out of 5 stars worth it for the B sides alone!, 12 Sep 2004
This review is from: Bedshaped (Audio CD)
what can i say? keane have done it again with the fantastic new single, bedshaped, as usual strong, heartfelt melodies with spine tingling piano playing make this song so much better than some of the stuff in the charts at the moment, and i'm a dance/house music fan! the video is great as well.
the one extra-amazing thing about keane though has to be their B-Sides. words cannot describe how good "SNOWED UNDER" on the Somewhere Only We Know single is, along with "TO THE END OF THE EARTH" on the Everybodys Changing single, and finally the absoultely astounding "SOMETHING IN ME WAS DYING" on here which could easily be a top 10 single in itself. the 3 singles are really worth purchasing for the b-sides alone & i *seriously recommend* just that for anyone who vaguely likes keane, or fans who own the album but haven't bought the singles...they really are THAT good! and, dare i say it, better than some of the album tracks!
all in all a fantastic package & one that does not disappoint when compared with the previous 2 singles & album, the video is even included. a must buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Magnificent, 19 Sep 2004
Richard White "withnail101" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bedshaped (Audio CD)
Its a hard task to follow 2 instant classic singles - 'Somewhere only we know' and 'Everybodys changing' but Keane have outdone themselves with Bedshaped. My personal favorite of the 3 it has beautiful soaring lyrics and knee weakening piano chords. It is a song about pain and alienation but is none the worse for that. Try and check out the video which is absolutely mind blowingly good - extremely powerful and moving.
I was initially suspicious of Keane as they have no guitarist - not the recipe for a great rock band, I thought. How wrong can you be? Genuine talent and superb music.

4.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, 11 Aug 2004
This review is from: Bedshaped (Audio CD)
Everything that Keane does is beautiful and heart-felt and this is no different. Maybe not as good as their 1st release 'Somewhere only we know' which i think is personal for everybody, but definately still a classic Keane hit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bedshaped Brilliance, 10 Aug 2004
N C (Merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Bedshaped (Audio CD)
This song is just stunning! Following on from the excellent 'somewhere only we know' and 'everybody's changing, comes the best track on the album. The vocals are so beautiful as they build to a storming chorus. I just love the keyboard solo on this track. Original & brilliant. I've lost count of how many times i've played this track over & over again. Can't wait to hear it live.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bedshaped - beautiful, 25 Aug 2004
This review is from: Bedshaped (Audio CD)
Bedshaped is my favourite song from Keane's album, so I'm glad they released it. Basically, it's a song about alienation which starts off like a tune by Sigur Ros, and then launches into poignant pop. The video is one of the most beautiful that I've ever seen, with an animated clay/puppet vagrant being helped into freedom from the band.

ARRAY(0xa73b3c30)

Bedshaped
Bedshaped by Keane (Audio CD - 2004)