4.0 out of 5 stars Great scott!
I recieved the juicer and immedaitely put it together for a test run. It is very simple to put together, however relying on the suction cup alone is not wise. The metal clamp is far sturdier and requires a bit of work surface you can attach it to. I have to open a cupboard door and attach it there as I have little 'overhang' on the work surface. Not really a problem...
Published on 21 July 2005 by Mr. T. de Bruin

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointed as plastic round "screw" has split and cant find anyone selling replacements
A close friend purchased this Easy Health hand Juicer for me in April and I used it enthusiastically but found small cracks apeared the second time I used it and every time it was washed up the cracks became bigger and bigger. I have tried to find someone selling spares without luck and as I was only able to use it a dozen times it was very expensive at 30! If anyone...
Published on 16 Oct 2010 by A. Khodabandeh

4.0 out of 5 stars Great scott!, 21 July 2005
Mr. T. de Bruin "deadlyhifi" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
I started with some carrots. I found it quite difficult to do and found there was quite a lot of flex in the handle. It was also very hard work. Admittedly a lot of juice came out of the carrots. Then I had a brain-wave (as I often do), and started cutting the carrots up before juicing them. his makes it a lot easier to use. It still takes me approx 20 minutes to do 10 carrots for one fair size cup of juice. You certainly earn it. For the price I cannot complain at this.
Regarding the flex in the handle, it had caused me no problems yet, and don't expect it to.
The unit comes with spare seals to make sure the juice only comes out where you want it to so should last a very long time as I can't really see how a seal would wear out. Cleaning is easy as the whole things easily comes appart.
I also juiced wheatgrass in it succesfully but found it clogged the end a little. Not realy problem, just wind without anything in it for a minute to clear the 'refuse' hole.
All in all I am very pleased with the purchase, obviously not as easy as a motorised juicer but I know of no masticating ones under the 200 mark.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very, VERY impressed, 11 April 2012
Ms S. L. Stephens (Brighton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Juicer - Lexen Manual Healthy Wheatgrass Juicer (Kitchen & Home)
Well, I have just made and drunk my very first home-made juice. 2 carrots, half a beetroot, an apple and a big handful of kale. Absolutely perfect. Not one leak. And the leftovers are actually much dryer than I expected. The machine took a little while to put together, but not rocket science. Within five minutes I was juicing away. It does take about ten minutes to make a decent sized glass of juice, as the crunchy veggies need to be chopped up a bit first, which is the only downside. But hey, it's a fraction of the price of an electric one. Overall, this little juicer far exceeded my expectations.

I can feel my life expectancy increasing by the minute :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy Portable Juicing, 31 Dec 2004
By A Customer
Having used this juicer for several weeks now, I've found a couple of things out about it. Firstly, it is as easy to clean as they claim. Just unscrew it and rinse all components under hot water and it cleans up nicely. Secondly, it comes with a replacement gasket and mincer cap (both easy to lose) which is handy.
The main disadvantage compared to the more usual centrifugal juicers is that this unit requires a high fibre content in the fruit/veg. This means that you can effectively juice leafy vegetables (lettuce, cabbage, wheat grass etc) which give little/no juice in centrefugal units. You also get a very good yield from hard vegetables/fruits. This means that most root vegetables (carrots, sweet potatos etc) also give plenty of juice. The main weakness lies in juicing of softer fruits. If you try and juice fruits that are very soft and not very high in fibre, such as coxs apples, kiwis, mangos... you will find you lose a large ammount of the fruit and get puree. To be fair to the unit you get similar results with a centrifugal juicer, you'd get puree too, but it's less effort. The main strength though is that you get no foam on the juice. The juice also lasts much longer.
Overall I've found this to be a very nice unit, but as I've noted, you'll have to experiment a little to get a feel for what it can and cannot do. Once you are used to this, you'll be getting high quality juice on tap. I'd say for the price, it can't be beaten.
One little tip. The membrane around the segments in citrus fruits can clog the cap. This means that if you are juicing citrus fruits (not what it's really meant for) try and pull the membranes off the segments. If you don't, you'll find they clog the mincer cap and you eventually start getting pulp where you'd normally get juice (until you remove the head and pull them out).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 20 Mar 2010
This does what it says, you have to turn the handle a fair few times to get wheatgrass to juice and you need to make sure that it is all tightened up well - as instructed in the manual. I am really pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little juicer, 5 July 2012
Being new to juicing I spent hours pondering over what type of juicer to buy (online forums show that many other people are struggling with this decision). After all, prices range from 25 to over 1000 for machines that will basically produce the same glass of juice. In the end I went for the cheapest option. The first impression on unpacking this juicer is that it is surprisingly well made; the plastic mouldings are solid and finished to a very high standard of gloss. The machine is easy to put together although I did start off with a leak due to putting 2 washers in the nozzle by mistake (there was one already fitted in the groove, in addition to the generous 2 spares provided). Results vary greatly according to the type of fruit or vegetable used. It seems to require a fairly firm fibrous nature for the screw to work against. Best results have been with pomegranate: a thin dry pencil-like rod of crushed seeds emerges from the front nozzle and 100% of the juice is easily collected. At the other end of the spectrum soft pre-cooked beetroot just resulted in a slushy mess that went round and round in the chamber yielding no juice at all. Other fruits are in between. You need to adjust the tightness of the nozzle as you juice, according to the resistance felt as the fibrous waste builds up. What is remarkable is the quality and appearance of the fresh juices produced. Spinach yields a pure green juice that is almost fluorescent, and the taste of any juice is fresh and zingy and miles better than anything you can buy in a carton from a supermarket, even if it claims to be "freshly squeezed" (but is invariably pasteurised). I was concerned that the polycarbonate parts might contain hazardous BPA but they are stated to be "FDA-approved" which I assume means that they do not. All in all this juicer is a lot of fun and a good learning experience. It isn't the best juicer out there but for very little money it'll show you whether juicing is for you or not.

Comment added after longer use: I've grown to love this little machine! It works faultlessly and is very easy to clean (just a rinse under the tap is all that is needed as long as you dismantle it immediately after use). My wife and I took it on holiday to enjoy fresh juice every day, it went in my hand luggage and there was no problem going through airport security at London Gatwick. I've upgraded my rating from 4 star to 5 stars.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good compromise, 30 Jun 2007
Jane Fisher "purereporter" (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
After using the Easy Health Manual Juicer for a few weeks, I'd say it's a useful item that does provide better quality, 'enzymed' juice than that of a centrifugal design (the type I owned previously). The difference is, of course, in the method of extraction:

Apart from, of course, the Easy Health being manual, as you deliver food down a wide vertical chute, it meets a sort of horizontal, bladed drive shaft, operated by manual rotation, that cuts up and carries the food forward to the head of the machine where it is 'crushed'. The juice extracted returns to a neatly designed jug, and the waste pulp is squeezed away through a small opening. Centrifugal juicers, on the other hand, have a spinning disc, covered in tiny teeth, that rip up the food as you deliver it down a chute. The separating juice is poured out into a waiting jug, and the pulp is spun to the sides of the barrel containing the disc. I've used both, and think the Easy Health design produces stronger juices.

The Easy Health is very sturdy and very well made, and fastens firmly to a work surface. It's also very easy to dismantle and clean. If the food is properly prepared (e.g. firm foods being cut into thinner slices, wheat grass delivered in small doses), the whole process is fairly quick, once you get organised. I don't experience any 'handle bending' as described by a previous reviewer. That may have been caused by a tendency to overfill the chute, thereby overtaxing the mechanism. There is a slight residue of pulp remaining in the shaft at the end, but I guess only the most parsimonious would complain about that, given there is still a full jug of powerful green, life enhancing drink to begin the day!

An added benefit of this item not so far mentioned is that it is much quieter than an electric model, only making strange 'stricken pig' noises if hard cabbage is delivered too much, too quick, which interests the cat, but wouldn't wake a sleeping household!

If you want quality juice, don't mind handle turning exercise (and have sufficient time), and don't have a huge amount of juicing to do, and if you are restricted by budget, I'd definitely recommend purchase. That said, I've just received a windfall and shall progress to a Green Star Hippocrates electrical model, but I'll probably still use the Easy Health for quiet, meditative, or camping moments!

5.0 out of 5 stars Especially superb for wheatgrass and greens!, 15 April 2008
Foodie Nut (Yorkshire, Gt Britain.) - See all my reviews
I just wanted to say that this is a little gem that fits together ever so easily, takes up no space and is completely portable. Most importantly however, it is brilliant at extracting all those wonderfully healthy 'green' juices - something that most other juicers really struggle with, getting all clogged up etc.

And it's also a doddle to clean!

It can cope with other fruits/veg of course, but this is what it really excels at.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little wheatgrass juicer, 20 Sep 2010
I've had my lexen wheatgrass juicer for a few weeks now and have got juicing wheatgrass down to a fine art. As long as you tighten the end using the handy gadget supplied (juice will leak out if you don't), and have somewhere handy to use the G-clamp, then it's fast, easy and efficient. Takes me 5 minutes to make a shot of wheatgrass including assembling the machine, harvesting the grass from my windowsill, making the juice, drinking said juice, and washing up the juicer. 5 star - Just what I was looking for.

If you want to juice other veggies then it is possible but you do need to chop them up really small. Best for wheatgrass.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 26 Feb 2013
I wasn't too sure it would be able to juice carrots and other harder vegetables. It does, it's excellent and well designed. It is time consuming though but considering an electric one will set you back hundreds, it's a great introduction to cold pressing. I am looking forward to taking this on holiday!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good little manual juicer, 2 Feb 2008
S. Lindley "Steve L" (London) - See all my reviews
I was given one of these a couple of weeks ago, so can't comment on it's durability yet, though it looks as if it'll last.

I asked for a manual juicer as I felt there were more than enough electrical appliances knocking around in the kitchen already. This is a fairly compact thing and can be put in a drawer when dismantled.

It takes about 15 minutes to juice 12 carrots, which gives about half a pint of carrot juice - that includes pulling the thing to pieces and rinsing it afterwards, and cutting up the carrots beforehand (small pieces much quicker to juice).

The suction pad on the underside needs an utterly smooth surface, otherwise you need to clamp, which in turn needs an overhang on a work surface of just over an inch - you can't create this by opening a drawer as the drawer then prevents the handle from turning.

Despite being predominantly plastic, it works very well and doesn't require too much effort to turn the handle. It does squeak a fair bit though. (or maybe that's the carrots squealing!)

Unless you've got extremely weak arms, or don't have a minute to spare I'd go for this juicer over an electric one - cheaper, easy to clean and doesn't fill up work surface space. Bit better on the carbon footprint front too, I guess.

If it's still up and running in a year I'll bump it up to 5 stars!