Format: Audio CD|Change

on 10 September 2004
Honest. Just buy this album. If you like guitar-based singer-songwriters but think they can sometimes sound a little bland... If you like boogie-ing till your bum drops off but wish you could do it without thundering depth-charge basslines and over-produced drum-machine noisemakers... If you like great lyrics that describe how *you* felt... If you like real instruments played by real people... If you're searching for a truly refreshing original sound... If you're looking for *the* next great voice... Just buy it.
And if you get the chance to see them live, don't don't don't pass it up. You *will* tell all your friends....
on 1 April 2006
Bought this album a while ago before all the JCB hype kicked off and I have to say that it's one of teh best albums I've ever heard. Jcb (nice as it is) is actually one of the weaker songs. The ones to look out for are "Freedom", "Girls" (out April 3rd), and "Fine Story". Basically a superb journey into acoustic folk via hip hop, I can assure you that you'll never had heard anything quite like this before. Hopefully they can follow up the success of JCB when Girls is released, as it's a much stronger song.
BUY THE ALBUM!!!!
on 20 August 2004
This is a truely magnificent album by two very gifted young lads... I saw them live for the first time this year, and it was breathtaking. I have never witnessed anything like this before in my life. I instantly fell in love. With them, and their music.
The style has been dubbed as 'Folk - Hip-Hop', which sounds interesting in itself, but it has to be heard to be believed. I'll stop my ramblings now...Just one more thing;
If there is only one CD that you buy this year, it has to be this. There is nothing out there like it, believe me!!!
on 7 April 2006
I went to see these guys just for something to do one evening..they were just magical. I went straight out the next day to buy the album. It is a wonderfully melancholic and yet sparklingly uplifting set of songs, with lyrics and melodies that lifts you out of humdrum daily tasks, all sung with honesty... beautiful*:)
on 1 December 2005
Quirky little English group, apparantly going a hellofa long time. I've got a tenner on the JCB song being Christmas #1... That said. This is a nice album. Lyrically original, vocally honest with mixed influences. Sometimes a bit mowtown, sometimes a bit accoustic, always with a childish innocence. Definitely worth a listen to see what they've got to say about it all... they will undoubtedly be a bit huge.
So check it out.
on 4 April 2006
I would give htis album 10 stars if I could... this has to be one of the best albums I have ever heard. Never before has an album touched my heart with every single song... a message for ever person to listen to these songs will be found. It will touch your heart like never before and will stay with you forever a must buy for anyone of any age!
on 29 July 2005
What can I say that has not been said already. I have had this album about 1 month. I got a link to the JCB song video from the most unlikely of places, the FHM friday email. Then checked out the Nizlopi web site. And within 3 days of recieving that email had bought the album. It's just so easy to get into, and once that happens you start to listen a little deeper and actually realise that half(or maybe more)these songs really are about you. BUY THIS ALBUM NOW!!
on 12 December 2005
This is a great album - we had it on a random minidisc for about a year then we heard it on the radio and it freaked us out how quickly these guys have made it!
'Freedom' is a beautiful song - a definite 'our song' song!
on 4 December 2005
My son introduced me to Nizlopi when he showed me the (online) animated cartoon of the JCB song. I liked them so much I bought the CD. He then 'borrowed' it. I retrieved it before he went to university, and he will be getting his own copy for Christmas! Nizlopi's music is quirky and original. You don't think you have really taken it in the first time you listen to it, but it stays in your head and you find yourself humming it. I think their style will appeal to all ages.
on 14 November 2005
A brilliant album, not one song is of poor quality. Perfection through and through. Hope they do well, they truly deserve it unlike some of the crap that is out these days. P.S The JCB song is out on the 12 of Dec, buy it for it to get to number 1 for Christmas.