5.0 out of 5 stars Masterly Compilation
A superb compilation. I have a good few Sinatra albums but none of the other compilations I have comes near this.
It has some of the finest records he ever made,across three, truly marvellous CDs. If you buy this, I cannot see how you could not love it.
Published on 2 July 2006 by DavyA

3.0 out of 5 stars Frankie
Although the songs are lovely on this CD they are too slow for me. I like a CD with a mix of slow and upbeat songs. I will probably listen to this in the house when I want some nice background music. Going to buy "Frank Sinatra Swings The Great American Songbook" CD...a bit livelier than this CD. But then again can you ever have too much of Frank Sinatra...no you can't,...
Published 21 months ago by Blondie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Masterly Compilation, 2 July 2006
DavyA (Newcastle Upon Tyne, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (3CD) (Audio CD)
Get this, then treat yourself to "Songs For Swinging Lovers " & "In The Wee Small Hours" (two superbly crafted records) & you'll be sorted.
A truly far reaching & expansive compilation. Excellent value, considering the quality of the music.
They really don't make them like this any more - let's face it, there was only one Frank Sinatra - buy this & you'll see why.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Collection Of A Forgotten Era, 20 Sep 2008
Caleb Williams (Liverpool) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (3CD) (Audio CD)
The name Frank Sinatra is synonymous with with Jazz, Swing and Orchestral sound of music. He had an unmatched vocal talent and his music will always be viewed as legendary. It's hard to believe it's just over 10 years since we unfortunately lost this musical great. The Platinum collection compiles all of his classic greats that anyone and everyone would recognise instantly. His music wasn't made in the same way as todays standards. It wasn't released album by album, and you didn't need crazy looking music videos in order to get people to pay attention. It was music created solely to be performed in front of small audiences at such places like the legendary Copacabana night club. It wasn't music created with cheap gimmicks or a fancy look, it was music. Music from the heart and soul. This is what makes Sinatra the greatest vocalist in history.

Since the days of Sinatra and the Rat Pack, music has slowly gone down hill in regards to vocal ability. With the odd exceptions of course. We needn't fret though, as the Platinum collection gives us the opportunity to relive the Sinatra sound whenever we need to relax.

This is the definitive collection with the classics like "Come Fly With Me" "Love and Marriage" "You Make Me Feel So Young" and "Witchcraft." There's no denying the talent of Sinatra and there's no way you can dismiss this album. If you have even an ounce of respect for Sinatra or that generation of music you will all buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Sinatra Album Ever, 21 Jan 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (3CD) (Audio CD)
If you could collect sinatra's best works and put them in an album, you'd end up with the platinum collection. I can't stress enough how good this album is. Can't stop listening (and singing along) to it regardless of how many times I hear it. A must have for all sinatra fans.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Voice, 9 July 2008
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (3CD) (Audio CD)
I have been listening to Sinatra for about 50 years and I still LISTEN to him and I still occasionally find something new in the way he treats a song. I saw him in concert four times! His phrasing and his ability to sing so much with a single breath ( he swam underwater to improve this )were tools that he used with such effect.There have been many people who emulated him but no-one who came anywhere near him, as this collection shows very plainly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, the best collection of Sinatra's music, 7 Mar 2010
David Stewart (Glasgow, United Kingdom.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (3CD) (Audio CD)
This is what I would consider a proper collection of Frank Sinatra's work. If you're looking for My Way, New York New York, and Strangers In The Night - then it's recommended you also buy the collection 'My Way'.

As for this CD, this is Frank Sinatra at his prime, and it's more listenable for the very reason that it contains less-played songs from his career. The problem with the CD 'My Way' is that we've heard it all before, it's like The Beatles - by all means get the Greatest Hits, but eventually you'll get fed up of Love Me Do and want to check out 'Abbey Road' or 'The White Album.'

Buy this and 'My Way' and you've got a fantastic introduction to Sinatra. This compilation is an essential part of any Swing music lover's record collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Artist Ever, 25 Aug 2004
Domenic Vitanza (Cleveland,Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (3CD) (Audio CD)
Frank Sinatra. That pretty much sums it up right there. These songs may have been releasedon countless other compilations but they never grow old and I like the make up of this collection. How cant you NOT buy this? Its Vintage Sinatra at his very best. Frank Sinatra. Wow. The Best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased with my first Sinatra album, 31 Dec 2010
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (3CD) (Audio CD)
Having just moved into my 50's I thought it was about time I owned some Sinatra music. I read various reviews about different CDs because there are so many released. Several people recommended this 3 CD set ... and I haven't been disappointed! The 3 CDs have been on my music system a lot in the past 2 weeks, and will be on in my car too. Well worth buying, received in great packaging (received later than expected but that was due to the appalling snow and ice that held up a lot of deliveries so I can't knock off a star for that!).

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitive Frank, 25 Feb 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (3CD) (Audio CD)
The best Frank collection ever. They're all here - "I've got you under my skin", "Chicago", "It was just one of those things".
How Capitol managed to get the best from Frank at a time when his career appeared to be over is one of popular musics great stories.
The absolute and essential definitve Frank Sinatra collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Platinum Collection., 7 Feb 2013
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (3CD) (Audio CD)
This is a three set of heaven for any Frank Sinatra fan. If there has been a better compilation of the great man's work then I haven't heard it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The platinum collection, 15 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Platinum Collection (3CD) (Audio CD)
All Frank's best known songs in one place. Excellent for both Frank fans and listeners coming new to him. A great listen.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Platinum Collection (3CD)
The Platinum Collection (3CD) by Frank Sinatra (Audio CD - 2004)