4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use...ideal for audiobooks.
I wanted a personal CD player to listen to audiobooks. I didn't want anything fancy, no MP3 options and I wasn't bothered by excessive buttons and programming. This has turned out to be the near perfect item for me.

Published on 7 Aug. 2011 by Iceni Peasant

3.0 out of 5 stars Coby CD Player
Rather tinny sound quality, so maybe better for audio books than music - especially if you take your music seriously. But for the price it does all you could reasonably expect.
Published on 24 May 2011 by Longinus

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple to use...ideal for audiobooks., 7 Aug. 2011
Iceni Peasant (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PORTABLE CD,LCD DISPLAY (Electronics)

I give the product four stars and take off one star for one reason; you can't connect an adapter to run the CD player from the mains. It is a battery-only device. However I use Duracell 2450mAh rechargeable batteries and they give quite a long play.

The device has the basic operating buttons of PLAY/PAUSE, STOP, FF and REW, with both those buttons allowing you to skip through tracks as well as move to the next track. After seconds of no use in either stopped mode or without a disc inside, the unit shuts off automatically, which is handy for battery life. Volume is adjusted by a standard manual wheel on the side.

There is a neat little LCD display, giving the track time and track number, it also says "Disc" when it's empty. It will also display a low battery detection too.

I can't comment on music being played on this product, but the sound is crystal clear and of a nice bass for audiobooks.

I had never heard of Coby before, and initially I was unsure of buying a product from a manufacturer unknown to me, but I have been pleasantly surprised and have saved myself pounds, when more familiar brands, such as Sony cost more money and have a lot of gadgets that I would never use. Of course, I can not say how long this unit will last, but so far so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy little CD player, 8 May 2011
This review is from: PORTABLE CD,LCD DISPLAY (Electronics)
I was very pleased with the quality of this CD player. Its a nice size, handy to take on holidays etc and very good value for money,

4.0 out of 5 stars good tone, auto power off ?, 20 April 2011
This review is from: PORTABLE CD,LCD DISPLAY (Electronics)
This recorder selects tracks by number and has STOP and PAUSE buttons. My first set of batteries did not last very long. It is supposed to have auto power off but this is not mentioned in the instructions so I emailed both Coby technical and customer services to ask if it functioned on PAUSE as well as STOP. Neither replied. Since pressing STOP my batteries seem to be lasting better.

3.0 out of 5 stars Coby CD Player, 24 May 2011

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good service, 30 April 2013
P. F. May (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PORTABLE CD,LCD DISPLAY (Electronics)
Only point of dissatisfaction is when listening to a book it appears that you can only "pause" to retain your place in the story. Should you switch off, you have to fast forward having remembered the digital recorded number which is tiny and not that easy to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Portable CD Player from Amazon, 4 Aug. 2012
This review is from: PORTABLE CD,LCD DISPLAY (Electronics)
The CD player was purchased for a gentlemen in hospital. It's easy to operate and well made. He is very pleased with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars coby slim cd player, 22 Dec. 2010
Philip Hobson (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PORTABLE CD,LCD DISPLAY (Electronics)
I wanted a personal cd player as an additional Xmas gift for my wife as her ipod is full,and this is good value for money.The sound is reasonably good for the price and altogether excellent value!

4.0 out of 5 stars Certainly does its job!, 29 Jan. 2013
ColinB (Leicester, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PORTABLE CD,LCD DISPLAY (Electronics)
Purchased with the sole view of listening to audio books. Having looked at the reviews and considered the price we gave it a try. A big surprise on arrival was that it came with a set of over ear headphones which are good enough to listen to "books" on. I cannot comment on the reproduction of music but it certainly copes with audio books very well. The battery life in the player seems to be OK as once it gets switched on it stays on for a while.

1.0 out of 5 stars It does not work, 22 July 2013
This review is from: PORTABLE CD,LCD DISPLAY (Electronics)
I am very disappointed because this item will not 'read' any of the numerous CDs I have tried with it. I will be returning it later today

3.0 out of 5 stars Coby CD player, 13 Jan. 2013
This review is from: PORTABLE CD,LCD DISPLAY (Electronics)
This CD player works well but it seems to have a problem if you move it while it is playing.

PORTABLE CD,LCD DISPLAY