5.0 out of 5 stars Breath-Taking...
A brilliant series. Not the least part of my enjoyment is in seeing real London locations in an Anime, and get a Japanese perspective on British culture, though they do reference the Queen just a bit too much. I've never heard anyone actuaully say 'May God and the Queen go with you.' We don't see her as some kind of omnipotent deity figure. Or I don't anyway...
Published on 31 May 2007 by M. Warde

3.0 out of 5 stars Hellsing is good
I am a huge fan of Hellsing. It rocks. But I'm not too sure about the anime and I keep changing my opinion on it.

It may be slick and shiny, but it's kind of slow and there is waaay too little violence and macabre. And everything is so dragged out, how long could it possibly take to pull out a gun from a coat pocket?

Also Alucard, everyone's...
Published on 17 May 2006 by da-kasha

5.0 out of 5 stars Breath-Taking..., 31 May 2007
M. Warde "Swampthing" (London, UK) - See all my reviews

Also worth noting that this is the only Anime I've ever watched where the dub-track is actually better than the subtitles. It's not that the dub-track is amazingly good (though it is considerably better than average despite the main female character's squeeky mockney voice), but the subtitles are apalling and miss out such fine points as inference and even plot.

But a great series none-the-less. Buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars "So, you shoot because I'm not human?", 10 Mar. 2008
Sebastian Fernandez (Tampa, Florida United States) - See all my reviews
I have always had a tendency to like stories involving vampires, so picking this one up was a no brainer. What I found was an anime with very good graphics, really great action, mesmerizing characters and a highly addictive storyline. The fact that the anime does not follow the manga closely was not a big issue for me. There are some differences here and there and considerable deviations in terms of the order of presenting events, but I thought that the final product in the anime was very good.

One of the main things I liked about this anime is its "cool" main character. Alucard -I still can't believe the translators in the subtitles went with Arucard! Is it that hard to spot the anagram of Dracula? - is a powerful vampire that works for the Hellsing organization, helping solve issues with the undead. He carries a slick weapon and dresses in a very peculiar way. He has a great sense of humor and enjoys facing challenging opponents. On top of that, several of the characters he interacts with, such as Seras Victoria, the police officer turned into a vampire by Alucard, or Integra Hellsing, the measured but ruthless head of the Hellsing organization, provide added interest to the series.

Next, I am going to follow this up with the new set of OVAs released under Hellsing Ultimate, which are supposed to follow the manga more closely and have improved animation. If the original is any indication of the quality of this improved version, I am going to have one hell of a time!

5.0 out of 5 stars The best vampire anime I have seen, 24 Nov. 2007
T. R. Alexander (East Anglia, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
The Hellsing Organisation is dedicated to the destruction of the undead and the protection of England from the forces of evil. This four DVD boxed set includes all thirteen episodes of this wonderfully brilliant anime series. The story essentially follows Seras Victoria, a former police woman who is made into a vampire by the powerful Alucard when a mission goes wrong. Transferred to the Hellsing Organisation Seras must come to terms with her condition while hunting other creatures of the night.

Hellsing is a brilliant series with some great action and intrigue. The plot is involving and the characters are likable and mysterious in equal measure. The animation is good and despite the rather terrible accents on the English dub, this is probably the better version too watch as the subtitles also leave something to be desired. Despite these small flaws, Hellsing remains the best vampire anime I have ever seen and is defiantly in my top 5 favourite anime series of all time.

5.0 out of 5 stars well they have british accents!!! WOO, 13 Jun. 2008
i have a major collection of animes. and this i did not know anything about i just decided to get it! And im very glad i did!
It involves around a organisation called hellsing who soul purpose is to destroy all vampires, freaks and ghouls! this organisation also has its own vampires fighting to rid the world of copies of vampires! ALucard is this said vampire and is a great among anime characters!
So what else is great about this series! well its set in england!!!!! YAYAY for once huh? not only do they all have accents from all over the UK but the references to coventry and birmingham kind of make me feel proud!! haah! well that said the accents are a little posh!
there are alot of times this series will shock you excite and make you unable to wait to watch more!!!
A definate buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hellsing, a true masterpiece, 17 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Hellsing: The Collection (4 Discs) [DVD] (DVD)
Hellsing is definatly amoung one of my favourite anime, along with Last Exile and Read or Die. The story line builds up all the way through and it is action packed to the last drop of blood.
The box set has no additional features from the individual DVDs from what I can make out, but if your going to buy it (and you really should) it makes sense to buy all 13 episodes at once.
I own this and shall certainly watch it again and again, well done Gonzo.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bloody Good Japanimation!, 9 Oct. 2004
This review is from: Hellsing: The Collection (4 Discs) [DVD] (DVD)
I loved the series. It's was pretty short (Hoping for a second series) but there was great action & story. Highly recommended. I guess its one of the best anime I have ever seen!

5.0 out of 5 stars Vampire Materpiece Indeed, 26 Mar. 2006
This review is from: Hellsing: The Collection (4 Discs) [DVD] (DVD)
Hellsing is trully a brillant manga that you can wach again and again.The main character is the vampire Alucard, a completly insane slick shadow powers using vampire.By insane, i mean he and comrades get blown to bits and he just keeps on laughing. This is a brilant manga with a nice epic end. There is not one thing i would question about this manga.Ooo! and to answer the big Qestoin YES there is another series coming out, the first volume will be out this fall(2006)Hellsing unlimated, this one is about deamon worshiping Nazis. I hope this has bean helpfull to you all.p.s buy it

4.0 out of 5 stars Hellsing, The series that went a bit weird!, 17 Dec. 2008
Mr. Terence Abbott "Texas Tex" (Leyland, Lancashire, UK) - See all my reviews
Basically follows the books until episode 6 and then goes completely off the rails. The music for the series is far better than it's OVA counterpart and the dialogue in some cases is also superior, but it the last load of episodes where this series runs out of steam, because they ran out of material. Still great though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I want more vampire anime!, 29 Mar. 2008
S. J. Anderson (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
I haven't been in to anime for that long, and this is only the second series I've bought (as well as a bunch of movies). So obviously with my little exprience I don't have much to compare this to, but I still absolutely love it! If all vampire anime (Vampire Hunter D, Trinity Blood etc) are ths cool I'm in for a real treat if I get them. The animation is awesome. I really like the dark, moody look of the series, and Alucard's often eerie movements, and the music is really good aswell. Alucard is the coolest vampire I've ever seen, but I was a bit confused when I heard other characters call him 'Alucard', but in the cedits it says 'Arucard', but I found out this is what he is called in the Japanese version. I always watch anime with the english dubs because if I wanted to read subtitles all day I'd get a book! Still, as much as I loved this series, it still can't compare to Cowboy Bebop or Full Metal Alchemist, which are beyond amazing! But still, highly recommended, one of the most stylish anime I've seen yet.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Hellsing: The Collection (4 Discs) [DVD] (DVD)
Exactly as it says on the package, good quality and well worth the investment, my daughter is a huge fan so this was a grest purchase and I would recommend the seller.

Hellsing: The Collection (4 Discs) [DVD]
Hellsing: The Collection (4 Discs) [DVD] by Taliesin Jaffe (DVD - 2004)
Used & New from: £12.67