5.0 out of 5 stars 'Proper' knee pads!
I have had several sets of knee pads over the years. I do not use them professionally (like a floor layer) but find they make kneeling down more comfortable both in the garden and doing D I Y.

I thought it was about time I treated myself to a decent pair. These Kunys ones were more than twice as expensive as the ones I had used previously.
What a differece...
Published on 30 Oct. 2010 by M. Tame

2.0 out of 5 stars Same old problem.
They look good, feel soft and flexible but it's the same old problem, they don't stay up unless you really tighten the straps, then they cut into your skin and are really painfully and sore. Don't know why nobody has solved the basic design problem.
Published 11 months ago by pulpite46

5.0 out of 5 stars 'Proper' knee pads!, 30 Oct. 2010
M. Tame "magic mike" (Coulsdon, Surrey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kunys Kp309 Accordian Knee Pads (DIY & Tools)

What a differece in quality though!

These knee pads are so easy to put on. Each pad has two straps which locate like a dream. They also 'stay put' which is good, compared with the cheaper ones that move about! An important feature when you are crawling about on joists in the loft!

Once they're on they are so comfortable, I forget to take them off!

The 'accordian' detail at the top of each pad prompted my son to comment that they looked like something from NASA! If this detail is good enough for NASA it is good enough for me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Knee Pads above and beyond a first look, 17 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Kunys Kp309 Accordian Knee Pads (DIY & Tools)
When looking for knee pads I would expect many/most people to overlook these knee pads as just silly looking, plastic or just expensive. Well if those are the reasons for not choosing them. Then all those people have overlooked the best knee pads ever made. I have just used mine in the loft crawling over joists which if your wear material type knee pads you still feel all the corners of the joist through the pads. Well with these you don't feel a thing.
The hard yet soft plastic sees to that and the flexibility of the Accordian design allows you to move about easily. The closed foam inside is of the pad is the best quality foam on the market and allows your kneecaps to fit snugly. The straps are really easy to fit and adjust, and if you are on your knees any length of time and feel they are too tight you just slacken them one hole. They stay in place on your knees unlike those with buckles or Velcro straps.
I think I will wear them outside when gardening because the material also prevents the cold and wet/ damp from coming through. In summary some has designed the perfect knee pad and though the price may seem a lot and the design may look different from the usual, they may well save you from requiring a knee operation in later life. If I was in the construction industry I would supply these to all my workers. Absolutely Brilliant

4.0 out of 5 stars At last - someone has made a decent kneepad, 10 Jun. 2011
Additional comment, 20 Oct 2011:

After several months use, I have to say these are holding up very well. They are proving to be so much superior to owt else I've used before.
Definitely a Must Buy.

After struggling with less than impressive and ocassionally rubbish knee pads, [especially Mr Irwins offerings, :( ]. what a good discovery.

Can't go for 5 star, cos they still haven't sorted the straps 100% - things still slip down, and the backs of the knees gets bl**ding sore after a while.

But lovely material, soft enough that you don't slip off joists etc, hard enough to protect against pretty much anything.

Completely different from any kneelers I've tried before, and what an improvement.

Despite 4 stars cos of reservations mentioned, I highly recommend these to anyone with dodgy knees. German technology at its most convincing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Knee pads for the gardener, 16 Mar. 2014
Sophy's Mum (Buckinghamshire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kunys Kp309 Accordian Knee Pads (DIY & Tools)
I have been using the foam knee pads for years as a professional gardener, but they invariably either slip down, or I have to renew the
elastic or the velcro which really doesn't stand up for long working outside. So I decided to get these more expensive pads with proper
fixings, that looked as though they would hold up better in a muddy stony environment. They have nice thick padding inside, which really saves your knee caps, and the accordian tops haven't let in any stray stones like conventional pads do. They are quite large (I am female) but they don't fall down, are easy to fix on, even with gloves on. However, the straps are adjustable, but do tend to cut into the
backs of the knees at first, but I have found that the longer they are in use, the rubber straps seem to give more when warmed up. These are definitely worth the money from my point of view.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good product which I would not hesitate to give the ..., 23 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Kunys Kp309 Accordian Knee Pads (DIY & Tools)
Very good product which I would not hesitate to give the extra star for if there was some form of comfort added around the top edge. These knee pads are 5 star when you are in trousers but when you are wearing shorts they rub the skin. I have put a piece of pipe foam around the tops which works fine but there must be better things to use if you put your mind to it. But so saying that, if the manufacturer put their mind to it I am sure they could do a better job.

2.0 out of 5 stars Same old problem., 14 April 2014
This review is from: Kunys Kp309 Accordian Knee Pads (DIY & Tools)

3.0 out of 5 stars These provide excellent knee protection BUT the straps chafe the back of ..., 5 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Kunys Kp309 Accordian Knee Pads (DIY & Tools)
These provide excellent knee protection BUT the straps chafe the back of the knees and gave me big blisters. I can only use them for a short time and prefer the cheap soft PU knee pads.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent kneepads, 17 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Kunys Kp309 Accordian Knee Pads (DIY & Tools)
They might look space age but they're robust, comfortable and the straps stay put without cutting into the backs of the legs

Kunys Kp309 Accordian Knee Pads