5.0 out of 5 stars Now it can be Christmas everyday.
Published on 23 Jun 2001 by M. Bunting

1.0 out of 5 stars sucks
I love Christmas and I love CA, but this cd is annoying and I couldn't stand listening to it more than once.
Published 7 months ago by K. Pipkin

5.0 out of 5 stars Now it can be Christmas everyday., 23 Jun 2001
M. Bunting (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
Christina Aguilera couples up with some of the best session musicians in the world for this album so before you even hear it you know it should be good. It doesn't disappoint. Some of the arrangements such as Merry Little Christmas are very clever and well written, the bands are fantastic and Christina's vocal presence is as stunning as ever. It could be said that she over embellishes her vocal flourishes a bit too much but she is still young and is maturing musically all the time. It is safe to say that Christina can now be truly recognised as a singer rather than just a pretty popstar! A wonderfully unique album. BUY IT!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Merry Christina!, 12 Nov 2000
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
This album is great. Most xmas albums are the same bunch of xmas songs repackaged and sung by different artists, but this album is completely new, refreshing and festive! 'These are the Special Times' was written by Diane Warren (who also wrote 'I turn to you', and Aerosmiths 'Don't wanna miss a thing') for Celine Dion's Christmas album two years ago; but xtina puts her own twist on the song to personalise it. not all of the songs are bells n' snow, and apart from the lyrics, you wouldn't know they were christmas songs at all, which is a lot more original. 'Climb Every Mountain', was a song that Christina asked to put on the album, as she used to shut herself in her room when her parents were arguing (they later got divorced) and sung her lil' heart out to her 'Sound of Music' album...awww!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow...this is amazing, 2 Jan 2001
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
I cannot believe of woman of this age is capable of singing so amazingly. I listened to this album on Christmas Day, as soon as I opened it and was filled with pure delight! Somehow Christina manages to do a Mariah and worble up and down the scales as if she was born on a see saw! I am still in total amazement of Christina's vocal range and would advise this album to anybody

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Christmas albums around; a must have cd, 9 Nov 2000
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
Christina Aguilera has proved herself to be strong and ready to do anything with her new Christmas Album 'My Kind Of Christmas'. With many best loved and traditonal christmas songs such as 'The Christmas Song' with other songs such as 'Oh Holy Night' in a jazzed up version. But she has proved her musical talent by putting some of her own songs on their such as 'This Christmas' and 'These Are The Special Times'. The album contains a mix of jazz and soul, it will deffienitely put you in the festive mood or if you want something a little faster or something to dance too you can always listen to 'The Christmas Song' (Holiday Remix). So go out and buy this excellent Christmas Cd today.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have!, 24 Dec 2000
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
This Christmas album is excellent to say the least. Christina's voice is excellent, and the songs are great. There are all styles of music, 2 traditional songs, dance music, jazz etc. All of them have some r'n'b feel in them, which makes it different from other Christmas albums. You definetely won't be disappointed if you buy it... it's better than I expected!

4.0 out of 5 stars Christina on Christmas roller skates., 13 Jan 2013
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
This is a first rate recording full of Christmas cheer with the re-working of a number of Christmas standards. I came to CA via her work with Andrea Boccelli, so I wasn't expecting the sometimes distracting vocal gymnastics, often outstripping the Maria Carey seasonal dish, but I've grown to love Maria's album. I hope that the same will be true of Christina's album at Christmas-time 2013.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shes on top form!, 27 Oct 2000
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
This Christmas album is amazing. Ive never been into Christmas music but I bought this CD cause i like Christina. Once again her voice is amazing, every track is so different. The songs have a real RnB, Blues and Gospel feel to it, no teeny pop. The best songs on the album are "This Year" and "This Christmas". Christina has shown shes really grown in the music business with this CD and she stands head and shoulders above all the other teen singers. Brilliant!

1.0 out of 5 stars sucks, 18 Feb 2014
K. Pipkin "New mom" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars great christmas songs!, 17 Jan 2014
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
such a relaxing great CD, Christina Aguilera sings so beautiful and the CD is like magic, I love Christmas and I love Xtina so both together created great composition ^^

4.0 out of 5 stars xtina xmas, 30 Aug 2010
This review is from: My Kind Of Christmas (Audio CD)
if your looking for new music for xmas then you wont be disappointed with this album from xtina.

My Kind of Christmas
My Kind of Christmas by Christina Aguilera (Audio CD - 2004)