4.0 out of 5 stars Great for small children on car journeys
I bought this for my 3-year-old out of nostalgia, as I loved my vinyl 'Hans Christian Andersen' as a kid. My little boy loves it and asks for it over and over again - now he knows all the words to 'The Ugly Duckling' and sings along in the car - very cute!
Published on 22 Jun 2009 by BirdsNest

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice tunes but recording quality dated
There are a lot of memorable tunes on this CD but the recording quality is a little dated. Never-the-less it is a nice sing-a-long collection.
Published 14 months ago by J. Bradley

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for small children on car journeys, 22 Jun 2009
This review is from: Sings Hans Christian Andersen and Other Favourites (Audio CD)
A couple of the later tracks are stinkers, I imagine from Danny Kaye's wilderness years, but on the whole this is a pleasant listen. Some of the numbers are very very 50s and have a kind of Beverley Sisters (or do I mean Andrews Sisters?) backing group. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, but I'd take Danny Kaye's 'Woody Woodpecker' over Mel Blanc's any day!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic singalong for the kids, 2 Sep 2011
Mrs. K. O'Haire (Sussex) - See all my reviews
Totally bored with bland nursery rhymes in the car? Then buy this. Also, buy the film so your kids can learn the actions to Thumbelina et al. My 3 year old loves singing along to this and it's so refreshing to hear the talent of Danny Kaye singing instead of some backing singers sounding bored to a rubbish track of something like wheels on the bus!

The songs might be 50 years old - but they're all classics. This soundtrack was definitely money well spent, especially at such a bargain price from Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars A REVIEW FROM THE OTHER SIDE OF THE POND, 4 Sep 2009
William V. Mcclung "ncbill" (Hendersonville, NC USA) - See all my reviews
Thought you might like to have a review from the USA.

Like the previous reviewer, I had the record version of this recording. It was the favorite recording of both my kids (now 38 and 45-years-old!), especially the "Tubby the Tuba" track.

A couple of years ago, I tried to purchase a CD version of this recording for my granddaughter here, but could not find it. I did find it on the Amazon.co.uk website and ordered from there. My granddaughter says the recording is also one of her favorites and she knows all the songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars fun, 6 Jan 2010
Songs from the film plus others - lots of hummable tunes plus a few fun children's classics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Precious childhood memories, 23 Dec 2011
This CD has bought back so many special childhood memories for me especially of my Dad who introduced me to wonderful world of Danny Kaye/Hans Christian Andersen and now my three year old grandaughter loves it as well. I close my eyes to listen to 'Tubby the Tuba' and am immediately transported back to back to being a youngster bought up with these magical, musicals from long ago. Well worth the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Danny Kaye, 11 Feb 2011
Mr. E. J. Hendrie "TeddyH" (London) - See all my reviews
Danny Kaye Sings Hans Christian Anderson and other Favourites, the title say's it all. All the songs from his films that I remember seeing a long time ago. The songs brought back quite a few memories to me and they were a joy to listen to all over again'

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant., 13 Dec 2010
Miss N. Y. Sarkar (Mexborough) - See all my reviews
This brings back memories of listening to the LP version as a child. Great songs to sing along to.

4.0 out of 5 stars my childhood, 16 Sep 2010
jean lightfoot (Raynes Park, LONDON United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This so nice to recapture my childhood and my husband I caught sing along also the grandchildren like itand learning new songs.

4.0 out of 5 stars The main songs I wanted were there so I am very pleased. It arrived quickly, 10 July 2014
I have searched for this album and I am excited to find it however, it has some different songs that were not on the vinyl.
The main songs I wanted were there so I am very pleased. It arrived quickly. Great service.

4.0 out of 5 stars LP, 29 May 2014
My young grandson Jack absolutely loves The Ugly Duckling and also Thumbelina,so to get this record for him was brilliant.